Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

End of year polls - The Nominations.

End of year polls - The Nominations.

Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of year polls - The Nominations.

It is time to commence the nomination process for 2013. Before I announce the categories this year, I need to cover some housekeeping points.
  • Please take the polls in the light hearted manner in which they are intended
  • It is preferred that you only nominate posters that are (or have been) active in the Australia forums
  • If you do not wish to be included in the polls please let me know by PM. I already know of one or two preferences, but please do not assume I know because you told someone else three years ago.
  • Send your nominations to me by PM, you may include up to 3 nominees in each category.
  • Late nominations will be too late.

The categories are:

Thread of the year

Most helpful poster of 2013

Mod of the year

Best newcomer in 2013

Most missed poster

The Lazarus Award (for the best returnee to the forum)

Most amusing thread of the year

Wittiest poster

Our most boastful poster

The most misunderstood.

Poster you would most like to have dinner with - male

Poster you would most like to have dinner with - female

And finally ... err

Poster you would most like to smack with a haddock.

You will note that there is no "Lifetime Achievement" award this year. This is because it has been won by the same person for the last 12 years and accordingly, it is my great pleasure to award this today. Many congrats Polly.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of year polls - The Nominations.

Smack me with a haddock. Oi, Oi, Oi.
Haddock Oi.
Haddock Oi.
Smack me with a haddock. Oi, Oi, Oi.

Old Dec 4th 2013, 9:20 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is time to commence the nomination process for 2013. Before I announce the categories this year, I need to cover some housekeeping points.
  • Please take the polls in the light hearted manner in which they are intended
  • It is preferred that you only nominate posters that are (or have been) active in the Australia forums
  • If you do not wish to be included in the polls please let me know by PM. I already know of one or two preferences, but please do not assume I know because you told someone else three years ago.
  • Send your nominations to me by PM, you may include up to 3 nominees in each category.
  • Late nominations will be too late.

The categories are:

Thread of the year

Most helpful poster of 2013

Mod of the year

Best newcomer in 2013

Most missed poster

The Lazarus Award (for the best returnee to the forum)

Most amusing thread of the year

Wittiest poster

Our most boastful poster

The most misunderstood.

Poster you would most like to have dinner with - male

Poster you would most like to have dinner with - female

And finally ... err

Poster you would most like to smack with a haddock.

You will note that there is no "Lifetime Achievement" award this year. This is because it has been won by the same person for the last 12 years and accordingly, it is my great pleasure to award this today. Many congrats Polly.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent categories. I'll be back.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 9:40 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

I am of course the most misunderstood poser.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
I am of course the most misunderstood poser.
Well you're half right.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

In my defence - firstly there hasn't been a 'lifetime achievement' award every year, which is a shame as I know there are a lot of people who deserve it more than I do.
Delving into the archives I have discovered so far the results posted in Jan 2003

16) Lifetime Achievement Award (Expats)
(See Expats Awards 2003 Lifetime Achievement Award POLL)

TIE
1. wbb(2)
2. pb(2)
3. wilf(2)

Mention in despatches for:
ant kirby, chris99,timber,booboo

and 2005 which makes me feel a little better!

16) Lifetime Achievement Award (Expats)
PB (6)
Bondipom (5)
Polly (4)

(Mrs DB (2), Mlbonner (2), Sandra (2), Bordy, JAJ, Sophia, Bundy, Bix, Jill, Dotty)

Maybe there could be a Lifetime Achievement Award this year with no-one allowed to nominate me? Cos the way I feel right now I haven't achieved very much in this life, either in reality or on the forum, and its time someone who deserves it gets some REAL recognition! I've never really felt comfortable with people nominating me (although I do appreciate it of course, I'm not that much of an ungrateful cow ) when there are the likes of Soapy out there who have put so much into getting people motivated and into enjoying their new lifes here
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Maybe there could be a Lifetime Achievement Award this year with no-one allowed to nominate me? Cos the way I feel right now I haven't achieved very much in this life, either in reality or on the forum, and its time someone who deserves it gets some REAL recognition! I've never really felt comfortable with people nominating me (although I do appreciate it of course, I'm not that much of an ungrateful cow ) when there are the likes of Soapy out there who have put so much into getting people motivated and into enjoying their new lifes here
(Not the bit about you not having achieved anything ... the bit about Soapy )
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have just realised I have not posted an end date.

Sooo I am planning to run the nominations stage for about two weeks so that is until 18th December to submit.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have just realised I have not posted an end date.

Sooo I am planning to run the nominations stage for about two weeks so that is until 18th December to submit.
Thanks BS
Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

How are the nominations going? Any areas looking 'light' BS?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
How are the nominations going? Any areas looking 'light' BS?
Early days.

Need more nominations in every category.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Early days.

Need more nominations in every category.
Mine will be coming sometime this weekend.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok everyone time to drum up some business. So far there have been 345 views of the thread but only three people have made any nominations and some of those were duplicates.

I have checked that my PM system is not disabled and it seems to be ok, so get nominating peeps.

Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:58 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get to them at the weekend. Still working off my jet lag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.