New Year Fireworks

Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:15 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Year Fireworks

You might be interested to know that this New Year the hotels on The Palm have gotten together and intend to go for the Guinness Book of Records world’s largest fireworks display. They’ve all chipped in to a fund of circa 50 million dollars to make this happen. So The Palm will be the place to be instead of the Burj Khalifa, assuming it doesn’t sink under the weight of all those people ;-)
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: New Year Fireworks

Typical. The year I move to the backside of my block to get a Khalifa view instead of the ocean.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you're lucky Scamp the Burj may try to outdo the Palm. Sounds like Scamp's rooftop may well be the place to go on NYE....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
If you're lucky Scamp the Burj may try to outdo the Palm. Sounds like Scamp's rooftop may well be the place to go on NYE....
Sod the rooftop, the balcony will do.

At the moment only about 5 people have said they want to come though...
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:06 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sod the rooftop, the balcony will do.

At the moment only about 5 people have said they want to come though...
I think the postman must have misplaced my invite....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
I haven't sent any, let alone one to you....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
It's a worry cause I never got one either! Just as well I'll be in the U of K.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by mikewot
It's a worry cause I never got one either! Just as well I'll be in the U of K.
Bloody useless that Scamp, no wonder he's a recruitment bod....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Recruitment or HR, same same.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:10 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

And drinks lager and lime...

hang on....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I will watch them on you tube, though I do have friends who live on The Palm
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Originally Posted by Kix
And drinks lager and lime...

hang on....
Easy there gents. I only know one man in Dubai who drinks lager and lime...and his screen name rhymes with Dix.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Easy there gents. I only know one man in Dubai who drinks lager and lime...and his screen name rhymes with Dix.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Fab. I'll be watching them from on top of a sand dune in the desert wrapped up with hat scarf and gloves.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 1:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats up with lager and lime? Good summer drink that.