Level 7 at PAR and 8 at IQA

Old Sep 11th 2013, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Piumi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Level 7 at PAR and 8 at IQA

Hi, I am new to this post and am really needing expats advise.

At the EoI stage, my hubby got his MSc. - IT evaluated by NZQA equivalent to Level 7 (PAR). With that level 7, his occupation met the criteria stipulated in LTSSL, therefore, he could gain bonus points too. Our EoI got selected and received the ITA. We submitted documents along with the IQA report which was equivalent to Level 8.

Our immigration officer has noted in her initial assessment email that the Level 8 of IQA does not match with the LTSSL specifications given the fact that Level 7 is a must, therefore, bonus points would not be awarded. In this situation, our EoI points drop down to 100 and the ITA is likely to be declined.

We spoke to NZQA and they asked us to request for a review. Do you think if we ask for a review they will reduce the level to match the INZ requirements.

Thanks!

Last edited by Piumi; Sep 11th 2013 at 7:01 am.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:23 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Level 7 at PAR and 8 at IQA

Welcome to BE

I have seen this problem on here previously and NZIS seem to be strict on how they assess this.
Unfortunately you have to fit the requirements of the LTSSL exactly, a higher qualification is not acceptable. I don't know whether asking NZQA to review your case is likely to be productive or not. That decision is up to you.

You must have already spent a fair bit on the application so it's whether it's throwing good money after bad now.

I take it you don't have a job offer. Have you applied for any?
You must have had 140 points or more to get selected given what has been selected recently - though there has been one draw where 135 with 15 points work experience in an area of absolute shortage has been selected.
Just trying to work out how it has dropped to 100. Is any work experience claimed for NOT in a comparable labour market hence those points have been deducted as well as the bonus points? They would count if you qualified under the LTSSL.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Yes Persephone, our EoI got selected with 135 points with 15 points work experience in an area of absolute shortage. No job offer.

I just wanted to see if there are any successful stories of others after having a situation like ours, after going through NZQA review or some else process for me to try and see.

Feel very helpless!

Last edited by Piumi; Sep 12th 2013 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember whether she was successful in the end but have a look at some of Scousebird's posts. She was in the same situation-overqualified and lost points. I don't know how much help they will be and I haven't time to read through them all and check for you

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=social+worker

All the best!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you Persephone!

I checked all her posts and finally what she had got from NZQA was somewhat unclear explanation that her qualification doesnt match the LTSSL specifications, but valid in the industry and so on..

Am afraid of that same will happen to me too..

Is there any possibility that we can turn our SMC ITA to WTR application and see?? I will have to read through every bit of detail to find out about this option..

Such a waste of time and money and really frustrating..
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:27 pm
Queen of the Underworld

You can't convert an ITA to a WTR visa. They are two different visas with different criteria unfortunately.

To apply for a WTR visa you need a job offer first. There are two streams that are relevant to most job offers. One is the LTSSL stream which wouldn't work for you. Another is the talent (accredited employer) stream.
You would need to get a job with an accredited employer earning at least $55,000pa.

It looks like your only options are a job offer and then SMC application again, it may be possible to 'add' a job offer to your current application if you get one asap as long as your EOI is still in the pool. That would get you selected at the next draw. Your medicals should remain valid for 36 m now they have been submitted to INZ. Or WTR with an accredited employer.

Sorry it's not good news
All the best
Old Sep 24th 2013, 8:42 am
maxpayne

mfahadjalil is an unknown quantity at this point

Please let me know that my wife have Bachelor of Commerce (2 Years) Degree.
What level can i claim for that, please tell me a rough idea about that.

waiting for your reply

thanks in advance
Old Sep 24th 2013, 8:55 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfahadjalil
Please let me know that my wife have Bachelor of Commerce (2 Years) Degree.
What level can i claim for that, please tell me a rough idea about that.

waiting for your reply

thanks in advance

depends where it was obtained

check out the Immigration website to see if the establishment it was gained is is listed as an appropriate establishement
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:07 am
maxpayne

mfahadjalil is an unknown quantity at this point

MrsFychan
thanks for the reply,
it was gained in pakistan.
its not in the exemption list.

can you please tell me what is the criteria of nzqa regarding levels.

does the years of study or GPA effect the level??
Old Sep 24th 2013, 10:04 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfahadjalil
MrsFychan
thanks for the reply,
it was gained in pakistan.
its not in the exemption list.

can you please tell me what is the criteria of nzqa regarding levels.

does the years of study or GPA effect the level??
sorry no idea, you would need to discuss with the people that would be processing your application
Old Oct 26th 2013, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

tennis16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am seeking NZQA to access my international master of science degree as it was requested by immigration dept. They are asking me to submit original certificates and transcripts? How can it be possible,what if they are lost during transportation?
Anyone has experience to share?

Thanks
Old Oct 26th 2013, 8:50 pm

as per other thread, certified copies should be accepted
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Level 7 at PAR and 8 at IQA

Dear Persephone,
Just wanted to update you about our situation.

We applied for a review of IQA results and NZQA re-issued a revised assessment - in which level 7 and 8 both are included. NZQA combined several qualifications together to match with level 7 and was very supportive throughout.

The immigration officer is also satisfied with same.

We are so happy. Please spread the message to anyone who is in a situation like ours, to not to give up.

Good day!
Piumi.

Last edited by Piumi; Nov 26th 2013 at 9:53 am.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 4:26 pm
Queen of the Underworld

That's excellent news! Good to hear it all worked out for you

And many thanks for letting us know what the result was I'm sure the fact that it can be done will be helpful to others in future.

Wishing you well, hopefully you'll hear about the visas soon