Job hunting Tips

Old Mar 11th 2013, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all
Question Job hunting Tips

Hello to you all.

I am after job hunting tips.

I am a UK nurse who has just got NZ registration.
I work on an Acute Care Unit, which is a very fast paced and highly stressed environment.

I am now at the job hunting stage.

I have the assistance of someone in NZ who has helped me kiwify my CV/cover letter and sent it out to some DHB's I have also sent out about 5 job applications last night.

Is there anything else I can do to increase my chances of getting a job. Agencies are not interested as im only 8 months qualified

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:02 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job hunting Tips

think the new criteria for getting nursing jobs ins 2 years qualified. double check as this is a new requirement that has come in from what I have been reading
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:05 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

taken from: http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/ind...l-Registration

New Qualification Prescribed by the Nursing Council for Registered Nurses from Overseas

c) Two years post-registration nursing practice as a registered nurse of at least 2,500 hours within the five years immediately preceding the date of the application; AND
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

Ms Fychan Ive already got my registration with the nursing council. I got in on the old requirements.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:26 pm

ahh ok well good luck with the job hunt.

Think you are doing everything that other nurses have said they have done.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

thank you...you had me a little worried then, I really dont want this moving experience to be prolonged any more than need be.

Looks like I just need to be patience and keep applying for vacancies.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

I applied direct to the DHB. Their current vacancies are advertised on their individual websites.

Below is the link to the DHB's. HTH.
http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...board-websites
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

Register here

www.kiwihealthjobs.com

You can set criteria for type of area, geographical and professional and they will send alerts when jobs turn up

It is a Govt site linked to all District Health Boards

Good luck
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tips

I have sent about 6 applications off and I am looking at the kiwi health job site regularly. I will register with it aswell..didnt realize you could do that.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone outline for me what the main differences are between NZ and UK CV's, so I know what we need to add?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

there is a thread re CVs if you look at green area at top of the page where updates info is
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

got it, thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Allisonlouise is an unknown quantity at this point

My heart sank when I thought you meant all nurses had to be prescribers!

Phew!
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:31 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
think the new criteria for getting nursing jobs ins 2 years qualified. double check as this is a new requirement that has come in from what I have been reading
We have a English couple staying with us both on WHV, he is working the grape harvest. She is supposed to working as a nurse, except she only has 18mths experience and they changed the rules on the 1st of March this year. She is absolutely devastated and as soon as the grape harvest is over, they have to head back to the UK, so she can continue nursing.

They hate the idea of going back to the UK and I really feel for them.

Have suggested a WHV to OZ, where I think the rules are easier.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Catchafire
We have a English couple staying with us both on WHV, he is working the grape harvest. She is supposed to working as a nurse, except she only has 18mths experience and they changed the rules on the 1st of March this year. She is absolutely devastated and as soon as the grape harvest is over, they have to head back to the UK, so she can continue nursing.

They hate the idea of going back to the UK and I really feel for them.

Have suggested a WHV to OZ, where I think the rules are easier.
I'm getting confused as I qualified last year, got 13 years racked up in health care which isn't relevant so I'm told.

I have my reg and about to get APC so does that not count for anything. I was under the impression to get reg now u need 2 years experience are they changing everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.