Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hola, another way to watch BBC and ITV

Hola, another way to watch BBC and ITV

Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hola, another way to watch BBC and ITV

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/01...ntry-for-free/

Better in Chrome. I needed to sign-in to my gmail account to get the extension to install in Chrome. You can use Firefox, but less accessibility.

Couldn't get the Hola program to install on my win7.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:32 am
Just Joined

tobysmama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hola, another way to watch BBC and ITV

Originally Posted by ebo1608
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/01...ntry-for-free/

Better in Chrome. I needed to sign-in to my gmail account to get the extension to install in Chrome. You can use Firefox, but less accessibility.

Couldn't get the Hola program to install on my win7.
Just dl the firefox unblocker but it only works on 3 websites: netflix, hulu and pandora. How can u watch bbc and itv with this? Ive probably got the wrong end of the stick, im not particularly savvy with these things!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

can you record like the iplayer on it ??

also does anyone know of any other tv around the world that you can series record like the bbc as i prefer to do this rather than stream due to shite broadband round here
Old Jan 26th 2013, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Originally Posted by tobysmama
Just dl the firefox unblocker but it only works on 3 websites: netflix, hulu and pandora. How can u watch bbc and itv with this? Ive probably got the wrong end of the stick, im not particularly savvy with these things!
on Firefox you can get
  • hulu.com
  • netflix.com
  • pandora.com

on Chrome you can get
  • hulu.com
  • netflix.com
  • pandora.com
  • bbc.co.uk/iplayer
  • itv.com/itvplayer
  • cbs.com
  • fox.com

I've downloaded Chrome and will just use it for accessing uk-tv.

Thanks so much OP for the update! I'm now enjoying free bbc. yawwhhhhhhh
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:10 am
Just Joined

aworldaway66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:10 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Chrome extension working well here, thanks.

The Win XP version was no worky for me, it would install but iPlayer was still blocked and it wouldn't let me browse any BBC site.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:41 am
Just Joined

stken is an unknown quantity at this point

I had chrome but I could not access BBC or ITV programs because I was in the wrong region, any help guys?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Check out 'Astrill', I am using it with 'Netflix', it's perfect here in Sydney!

You could also try the free 'Expat Shield', but I prefer 'Astrill'.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Originally Posted by stken
I had chrome but I could not access BBC or ITV programs because I was in the wrong region, any help guys?
Did you install the Chrome Hola AddIn from http://hola.org/unblocker.html ? One the AddIn is installed you shouldn't any more messages about region from ITV/BBC

Unlike Astrill and Expat Shield, Hola is free.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Wow - so easy to do. I clicked on the link for the Chrome extension and then went to bbc iplayer and was able to watch an episode of my favourite drama!

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stken
Make sure Chrome is latest version, then try installing. I still had to log-in to my Gmail account before it installed properly.

You should see a strange smiley icon.

Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:06 am
Just Joined

stken is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks, works well now

cheers
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:12 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Great link and info...thanks for sharing!!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scrudu
Did you install the Chrome Hola AddIn from http://hola.org/unblocker.html ? One the AddIn is installed you shouldn't any more messages about region from ITV/BBC

Unlike Astrill and Expat Shield, Hola is free.
Hi again,
Afraid you are mistaken about Expat Shield, it is free!
There is also another way to watch and record most U.K. Progs (More4, chanel5, ITV & BBC etc.) and that is to use 'FilmOn HD'. You can pay monthly or annually,
& no need to hide your location! You can try out their free standard definition (poor picture and no record) version and check out what's on offer.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 8:26 am
Banned

pomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of lightpomikev is a glorious beacon of light

brilliant thanks so much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.