got an invite - unsure whether to apply

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:38 am
Just Joined

dickjohn29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got an invite - unsure whether to apply

Folks,
Here is my story . I submitted the EOI after my IELTS (7) and skill assesment from the ACS . I have 10 years of work experience and a Masters Degree. ACS has acknowledged my Masters Degree but awarded me only 7 years and 9 months for my work experience as I dont have a reference letter from my first job way back in 2002.

I have now received an invitation to apply and I am claiming 15 points for a Masters degree and 8 years of overseas experience . Do you think the DIAC will overlook the 3 months and give me the 15 points ? Also, the skill assesment letter was dated Feb 2012 . So I could send the DIAC another reference letter from my current employer stating that I am working in the same capacity for the last 1 year. That should more than take care of the 3 months that I am short.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got an invite - unsure whether to apply

You have to have the points you have claimed for at the time of the EOI. Time in your employment since then is not going to count, you need to get a letter for that early employment. It is a big problem if you cannot, so you need to try really hard or I would let this invitation expire and try again.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dickjohn29
Folks,
Here is my story . I submitted the EOI after my IELTS (7) and skill assesment from the ACS . I have 10 years of work experience and a Masters Degree. ACS has acknowledged my Masters Degree but awarded me only 7 years and 9 months for my work experience as I dont have a reference letter from my first job way back in 2002.

I have now received an invitation to apply and I am claiming 15 points for a Masters degree and 8 years of overseas experience . Do you think the DIAC will overlook the 3 months and give me the 15 points ? Also, the skill assesment letter was dated Feb 2012 . So I could send the DIAC another reference letter from my current employer stating that I am working in the same capacity for the last 1 year. That should more than take care of the 3 months that I am short.
If ACS said your work experience is 7 years and 9 months, why in the first place you have put more than 8 years in the EOI?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Folks,

If your Skills assessment is done in Feb 2012, that means ACS has assessed your experience of 7 years and 9 months up to that point only.

Now you are claiming that you have worked since then totaling 7.9 years + 11 months = 8.8 years (11 months from Feb 2012 to Jan 13). In my opinion i would say that you will satisfy the 8 years of working experience provided that you have worked in the same field.

However, for you to claim these points you need to submit these details in your EOI and relevant reference letters if required. if not submitted i would suggest you to contact DIAC directly with the EOI reference number and try to explain the situation else you have to let this EOI expire and re-try with all details.

good luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by kkasunperera
If ACS said your work experience is 7 years and 9 months, why in the first place you have put more than 8 years in the EOI?
ACS is assessing some one's experience up to the date which the application is received by them, or up to the date of issuing the assessment.

Working experience will continue to add if the applicant continues on the same field, however though these additional experience will not be shown on the ACS assessment after it is issued as it is not a dynamic digital document.

This does not mean that an applicant can not claim more experience than what is stated on the ACS letter provided that the applicant can prove of additional employment on the same field to DIAC.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Raj_529 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I too was in a similar situation. My experience was assessed by ACS as 4 yrs and 9 months. I applied for the visa after another 7-8 months. I produced another statutory declaration at the time of visa application to prove that I was working in the same capacity in the same organization. (I had claimed 10 points for 5 yrs experience in the EOI application). This was accepted by DIAC (no questions asked whatsoever) and I got my visa grant in approx. 2 months after submission. so don't think this is going to be a problem for you.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,

Hi Dickjohn29

Your assessment was in Feb 2012 and 7 yrs 9 months. Since you have submitted an EoI, which you could not have done until July, then as long as you have still been employed between Feb and time of EoI, you would have had more than 8 years at time of application, so in my opinion, you should be okay

Good luck.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

dickjohn29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raj_529
Hi, I too was in a similar situation. My experience was assessed by ACS as 4 yrs and 9 months. I applied for the visa after another 7-8 months. I produced another statutory declaration at the time of visa application to prove that I was working in the same capacity in the same organization. (I had claimed 10 points for 5 yrs experience in the EOI application). This was accepted by DIAC (no questions asked whatsoever) and I got my visa grant in approx. 2 months after submission. so don't think this is going to be a problem for you.

Thanks guys !!!

raj... you especially ... its always good to get advice from someone who has first hand knowledge on your situation...
Old May 10th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: got an invite - unsure whether to apply

Originally Posted by Raj_529
Great piece of info Raj! Exactly the answer I was looking for...

Many thanks!