PE Teacher and IELTS requirements

Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:12 am
Just Joined

rafola is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PE Teacher and IELTS requirements

Welcome,
This is my first post on forum so warm welcome to all.

Have a question regarding IELTS. I am a PE Teacher (polish qualifications). At what level do I need to pass an IELTS exam to get my qualifications recognized?
Does AEI is right institution to recognize my qualification? What about AITSL (www.aitsl.edu.au)
I want to apply for a 189 visa. I'm confused right know because AEI and AITSL have different requirements for English language.
I know that to apply for a 189 visa I need to pass it for 6,6,6,6.
So can anybody could be so nice and explain me that?
AITSL and DIAC didn't response for ma emails.
Thank You very much.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:45 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PE Teacher and IELTS requirements

for IELTS, to gain 10 points you will need 7 band in each module, i.e. reading=7, listening=7, writing=7 and speaking=7
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Thank You for replay. I know that 7,7,7,7 gives me 10 pts. But still don't know what is a minimum. Mybe 6,6,6,6 is enough? I dont want to be a teacher in Au. I working here in the UK as a CNC Machinist so I would like to work in that occupation in AU.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:28 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

If u want to apply for skill independent class 7777 is minimium and 6666 will not give u any points.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:31 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafola
Thank You for replay. I know that 7,7,7,7 gives me 10 pts. But still don't know what is a minimum. Mybe 6,6,6,6 is enough? I dont want to be a teacher in Au. I working here in the UK as a CNC Machinist so I would like to work in that occupation in AU.
Originally Posted by luqmans65
If u want to apply for skill independent class 7777 is minimium and 6666 will not give u any points.
Six in each of the four bands is actually the minimum required to prove English language competency. There would be no points with that score though.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:39 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome,
This is my first post on forum so warm welcome to all.

Have a question regarding IELTS. I am a PE Teacher (polish qualifications). At what level do I need to pass an IELTS exam to get my qualifications recognized?
Does AEI is right institution to recognize my qualification? What about AITSL (www.aitsl.edu.au)
I want to apply for a 189 visa. I'm confused right know because AEI and AITSL have different requirements for English language.
I know that to apply for a 189 visa I need to pass it for 6,6,6,6.
So can anybody could be so nice and explain me that?
AITSL and DIAC didn't response for ma emails.
Thank You very much.
If you're intending to use your teaching qualification to gain a visa, then you should read up on the requirements for registration in Australia. You may not be intending to teach (which seems rather off to me), but you may need to have a higher IELTS standard for your skills assessment & registration.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Welcome.
I think we don't understand each other. I know that for 6,6,6,6 is 0 points but that's not what I meant. If I apply for a visa 189 or 190 as a skilled migrant, my diploma must be recognized by the appropriate institution. In my case it will be www.aitsl.edu.au
But AITSL requires IELTS 7,7,8,8. Is that 7,7,8,8 is for people who want to work in Au as a teachers? or it is just the main requirement that the teaching profession has to be recognized.

Why when DIAC says that it is enough for 6 with all modules. I would add that I do not have to have points for the language because I have enough points from other categories.
I understand that I have to send the documents to them, master's diploma degree and evidence of experience to my profession has been recognized in Australia.
Thank You
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:57 am

Welcome.
I think we don't understand each other. I know that for 6,6,6,6 is 0 points but that's not what I meant. If I apply for a visa 189 or 190 as a skilled migrant, my diploma must be recognized by the appropriate institution. In my case it will be www.aitsl.edu.au
But AITSL requires IELTS 7,7,8,8. Is that 7,7,8,8 is for people who want to work in Au as a teachers? or it is just the main requirement that the teaching profession has to be recognized.

Why when DIAC says that it is enough for 6 with all modules. I would add that I do not have to have points for the language because I have enough points from other categories.
I understand that I have to send the documents to them, master's diploma degree and evidence of experience to my profession has been recognized in Australia.
Thank You
That was my point when I posted this:

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
If you're intending to use your teaching qualification to gain a visa, then you should read up on the requirements for registration in Australia. You may not be intending to teach (which seems rather off to me), but you may need to have a higher IELTS standard for your skills assessment & registration.
If your assessment & registration bodies require a higher score, then you must attain that score. The minimum that DIAC require for the visa application is separate.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.

Thank You
Hi Rafola,

To get your skills assessed as a teacher then you need to fulfil those IELTS requirements - ie scores of at least 7.0 in reading and writing components, and at least 8.0 for speaking and listening. It is explained quite clearly on the AITSL site (http://www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-f...swers.html#Q12). Without the english comonent, you will not get a successful assessment.

Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

classybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to allclassybird is a name known to all

Welcome.

Thank You
If you are intending to gain permanent residency (189 or 190 visa) you will need to show immigration that you have a skill to offer.

Teacher is on the SOL (skills occupation list) therefore, whether or not you intend to work in teaching when you arrive in Australia you will need a skills assessment from the relevant assessing body, in your case, http://www.aitsl.edu.au/ without this you will not fulfill the requirements for immigration.

Therefore, you first need to fulfill the requirements of your assessing body www.aitsl.edu.au/assessment-for-migration.html if you get 6666 in IELTS your teaching qualification will be rejected by your assessing body as you need 7788. I hope this is clear enough for you.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Yes all is clear. I just want make sure. Thank You so much guys.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:14 am

Yes all is clear. I just want make sure. Thank You so much guys.
No problem. Good luck.