Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Jul 8th 2013, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Expatwifesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Hi there Colin, If your out on site with Mike he Knows of a welsh guy married to a german lady who does that border trip every month cause she doesn,t want to do the whole UAE residence thing,she just get,s on the bus stays there for the afternoon and returns with the 30 day entry again.I could be going on the bus with herI know how you feel it,s a lonely time out here on your own Mike felt exactly the same.Hope you come right, thank god for busybee ey what would we have done without him and all our problems.I think we all owe him a pint
Old Jul 8th 2013, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa
Hi there Colin, If your out on site with Mike he Knows of a welsh guy married to a german lady who does that border trip every month cause she doesn,t want to do the whole UAE residence thing,she just get,s on the bus stays there for the afternoon and returns with the 30 day entry again.I could be going on the bus with herI know how you feel it,s a lonely time out here on your own Mike felt exactly the same.Hope you come right, thank god for busybee ey what would we have done without him and all our problems.I think we all owe him a pint
I always thought busybee was a she..... I even had a thing for her.... how awkward do I feel

I'll let you know how I get on, and yes I'm at site for 4 days starting tomorrow. We had a new arrival last night, dizdiza86 or something like that, cant remember exactly. Didn't get the chance to meet up today, im sure we'll bump in to each other at some point.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Haha maybe busybee is a lady,then a glass of wine instead of a pint .Colin take some long sleeves they won,t let you onto the plant without and there,s still no uniforms.Have a good one.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Expatwifesa
Haha maybe busybee is a lady,then a glass of wine instead of a pint .Colin take some long sleeves they won,t let you onto the plant without and there,s still no uniforms.Have a good one.
Thanks, but I wont be going to the plant until next year, im on fire response for the camp about 15km away. Until the commissioning is complete that's my job :-)
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

well I hope you and your hose do a wonderful job on the camp HaHa.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Busybee2, time for me to ask for advice on here for a change, haha.

I need to get my wife out here asap as her situation has changed back in the uk. The company have said they can get her out soon without jumping through all the usual hoops as she has a British passport and automatically gets a 30 day Visa, then when she is here they will process it for a residency Visa.
Im worried now because one of my friends here from SA has said to change it from a 30 tourist Visa to a residency visa, she will be required to leave the country for 30 days???? He's heard this from someone but no one can seem to confirm this. Obviously I don't want to get my wife and daughter out only for them to have to disappear a month later. Ever heard of this one?

Thanks in advance
no a prob you just do a border run over to oman via al ain or hatta etc, just takes a few hours. go to hatta fort for the day and that solves the problem, you can pay at immigration once to extend the visit visa but it costs more, remember that it is different for different countries, uk is fine, south africa may be different.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
A visit visa can be changed to a residency one by either paying a 500aed fee OR doing a border run with Oman. No need to stay there overnight.
i think its more than 500dhs now.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:08 am
Just Joined

nawallove401 is an unknown quantity at this point

best of luck I hope you get the job
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point

It's very quite?????? Again in waiting game, it's been 10 days submitted the final doc. They said 2 weeks let see, coz at the time of interview the told 8 weeks but it took 6 months to receive the offer, so now how many days?

Second thing it's Ramadan month so it will go slow then normal.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonysom
It's very quite?????? Again in waiting game, it's been 10 days submitted the final doc. They said 2 weeks let see, coz at the time of interview the told 8 weeks but it took 6 months to receive the offer, so now how many days?

Chill Winston!! As you said its Ramadan, so yes things are going slower, one thing I will repeat is what other people have said on here. This is good preparation for what its like when you do get here. Ive been here nearly 6 weeks, and 3 of those ive spent sat in a chair somewhere waiting for something to get done.

On the other hand though, all the people out here now have all said how much we badgered the departments in getting us out here. It seems the more you phone, the more you press them, the quicker you get out here. So don't write on here, write to them. You will get out here, that's for sure, but there are some people on here who would give their left arm just to be at the stage youre at as they've not even been given offers.

TBH, theres no great rush to get out here now anyway because theres not much you can do in Ramadan, you'll have a lot more waiting to do at certain departments.

Email the guys at Al Hosn, and then phone them, but like I said, it will happen, just when theyre ready. See you soon mate :-)
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonysom

yes very very very very slow....
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Chill Winston!! As you said its Ramadan, so yes things are going slower, one thing I will repeat is what other people have said on here. This is good preparation for what its like when you do get here. Ive been here nearly 6 weeks, and 3 of those ive spent sat in a chair somewhere waiting for something to get done.

On the other hand though, all the people out here now have all said how much we badgered the departments in getting us out here. It seems the more you phone, the more you press them, the quicker you get out here. So don't write on here, write to them. You will get out here, that's for sure, but there are some people on here who would give their left arm just to be at the stage youre at as they've not even been given offers.

TBH, theres no great rush to get out here now anyway because theres not much you can do in Ramadan, you'll have a lot more waiting to do at certain departments.

Email the guys at Al Hosn, and then phone them, but like I said, it will happen, just when theyre ready. See you soon mate :-)
yeh its very very very hot at like 52 degrees! and ramadan so really there is no rush.... not fun time to be trying to sort out anything like paperwork with governemnt offices on shorter hours etc...dont want to be looking at properties in the heat
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Bright_Darkness is on a distinguished road

Wow! I've just stumbled across this thread...!

My experience has been much like most of the people here. Going through the interviews back in Jan and getting an offer after a very long time waiting.

The offer was rubbish and was dismissed straight away. I founded my rejection on long research (which I would have shared here, if I knew about this thread).

What I can tell everyone is that ADNOC are generally known in the industry as not-the-best-payer. They rely on the mass applicants to fish out one that bites on the cheap bates.

I would be really interested in knowing what are the engineers' experiences, grades they signed to, experiences they've endured, work situations.

I was thinking about relocating my family with 2 children (schools are important).

I understand that the position will be site based. What happens if one had to return home on en emergency? are there shuttles? Company Cars? own cars? (the contract wasn't clear about travel allowance)...
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

don.govender is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the important thing here is that the positions are family status positions..yes the salaries are not the best but if you factor in the benefits like housing and schooling etc..then it starts to make sense... more importantly these are in effect permanent positions if you prove yourself...unlike most other companies offering single status and only 1 year contracts..just my 2cents...I will be flying out tomorrow to land in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday morning...see you other guys out there... I'm South African Indian...have to make it known to the people that I'm not from India ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.