Winning the DV Lottery twice?...

Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Nimco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winning the DV Lottery twice?...

Can I apply to the DV lottery a second time now after winning Greencard 15 years earlier but not staying in the US?

I got a Greencard in the DV Lottery in 1997 - this was probably because I was born in a small African country and yet have University Degrees and a job role high on the requirements. I went to the US, but left after 3 months, I did not work - due to personal circumstances. I made no attempt to maintain my status, nor did I file any abandonment paperwork (I didnt know about this until recently)

Can I apply again in the just opened DV lottery? Will my previous greencard have any bearing on my eligibility?

Maybe there is a telephone line I can ring to check - anyone know? Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2012, 11:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winning the DV Lottery twice?...

Originally Posted by Nimco
Can I apply again in the just opened DV lottery?
Yes, you can always apply.

Will my previous greencard have any bearing on my eligibility?
No.

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Nimco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:18 am
Just Joined

saintcyro is an unknown quantity at this point

are u sure for this information ?? because i won on DV lottery 2007 , and i went to usa , and i come back to my country , and i stayed over than one year outside usa , and i went to the us consulate in 2010 in my country to apply for Returning Resident visa , but they refused ...
now , i have a Green card who expire in 2017 but i can't travel to usa , because the fact that the immigration officer will send me back ot at the us airport !!!
so, i wanna be sure if i can apply to the Dv lottery in october 2013.....
thanks
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saintcyro
are u sure for this information ?? because i won on DV lottery 2007 , and i went to usa , and i come back to my country , and i stayed over than one year outside usa , and i went to the us consulate in 2010 in my country to apply for Returning Resident visa , but they refused ...
now , i have a Green card who expire in 2017 but i can't travel to usa , because the fact that the immigration officer will send me back ot at the us airport !!!
so, i wanna be sure if i can apply to the Dv lottery in october 2013.....
thanks
You are describing a different situation than the OP. The OP is asking if they can apply for the DV lottery all over again a second time. From the beginning.

You are talking about a returning resident visa, which is a different thing.

Yes, you can apply for the DV lottery again.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:33 am
Banned

Borss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nimco
I got a Greencard in the DV Lottery in 1997 - this was probably because I was born in a small African country and yet have University Degrees and a job role high on the requirements.
I didn't know that there are prerequisites for GC through DV except being selected !
Old Nov 10th 2012, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

are u sure for this information ?
Yes.

i have a Green card who expire in 2017 but i can't travel to usa
Sure you can. Why do you think you can't?

..., because the fact that the immigration officer will send me back ot at the us airport !!!
No, he won't. He can't. He doesn't have the authority. If you have EVER had a claim to PR status in the US (= if you ever had a green card), then you have the right to a hearing in front of an immigration judge who will make the final determination of whether or not you have abandoned your status. The CBP officer at the border does NOT have the authority to send you back.

i wanna be sure if i can apply to the Dv lottery in october 2013...
Yes, you can. But why don't you just fly to the US and ask them to admit you with your existing GC?

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2012, 12:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Borss
I didn't know that there are prerequisites for GC through DV except being selected !
Yes, there are. Not all selectees will qualify.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Sure you can. Why do you think you can't?

No, he won't. He can't. He doesn't have the authority. If you have EVER had a claim to PR status in the US (= if you ever had a green card), then you have the right to a hearing in front of an immigration judge who will make the final determination of whether or not you have abandoned your status. The CBP officer at the border does NOT have the authority to send you back.

Yes, you can. But why don't you just fly to the US and ask them to admit you with your existing GC?

Ian
because I followed the rules of immigration, I returned to my country and I stayed one more year, so I went to the U.S. consulate and I spent a Returning Resident Visa interview, and I brought with me proof of my illness that requires me to stay in my country for more than one year health treatment, but the consulate officer refused my request for this visa, and he told me that I can not travel to usa.
I thought after, to travel to usa, but I fear that the immigration officer at the airport refused to let me inside, I also thought to lie to immigration officer and tell I left him just six months in my country, but I fear he knows my lie, after scanning my green card.
I would like to know your advice, now you know all about my case, what do you recommend to me??

regards,
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:30 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know your advice, now you know all about my case, what do you recommend to me??
That you had done things differently.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
That you had done things differently.
what do you mean ?? i don't understand !!!
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:49 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean ?? i don't understand !!!
An SB1 application is invariably a game closer. Far better to gatecrash the border via Canada or Mexico and have your 15 minutes in front a a judge to make your case.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
An SB1 application is invariably a game closer. Far better to gatecrash the border via Canada or Mexico and have your 15 minutes in front a a judge to make your case.
what do you think if i lie to the officer of immigration and telling him that i just stayed 5 months in my country ??
do you think that he can know the truth about my case ?? by scanning my green card
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think lying is a bad idea.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 4:09 pm
Septicity

what do you think if i lie to the officer of immigration and telling him that i just stayed 5 months in my country ??
do you think that he can know the truth about my case ?? by scanning my green card
I think any hope ended when you applied for the returning resident's visa.

I'm all for lying. It is, after all, part of the human condition. But there's little point in lying when you won't get away with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.