Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Life Certificate required uk Pension centre.

Life Certificate required uk Pension centre.

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:24 am
Just Joined

tonyburlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Life Certificate required uk Pension centre.

This is for the attention of UK expatiates. I have had my Pension suspended due to the fact that I did not complete a Life Certificate and form for pension direct payment to my bank In the Philippines. They say this is a new system to prove i am still alive, because i live abroad and someone else could be fraudulently claiming it.
I never received these forms in the unreliable Philippines post so the first I new about it was when I phoned UK Pensions advisor to ask why i had no Pension payments into my bank by cheque. Who stated if you don't reply in 8 weeks to these forms this happens automatic and they don't warn you by phone, but leave it to you to get in touch.
They now owe me 5 months Pension due to the slowness of jumping through all the hoops they have put, up to get it reinstated.
Can anyone confirm LIFE CERTIFICATES are now the norm for us ex pat's or just discretionary on the part of UK Pensions cntr kind regards Tony
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Certificate required uk Pension centre.

Just saw you post whilst mooching around so googled it for you.

Does look to be a requirement now - and a yearly one.

Sorry can't be much more help - but try google and see what you find
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

A cerificate to say that you are alive! - I will put that alongside the 100m Breast-Stroke Certificate! This post has made my day! As you can imagine the Telephone Conversation with the Pensions Agency, if you do not have a Certificate! . . . OK if I do not have a certificate; Therefore, I must be dead! - But i am talking to you! - Therefore, I am Alive and Kicking! - You couldn't make it up!

Last edited by jackthehat; Jul 2nd 2012 at 10:50 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Bet the Filipino who nicked the letter thought he was getting your check!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Pierlek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have been living in France for the past 11 yrs.At 76 now I have received my life cert to be filled and attested by an Importnt person.After all no one hpowever important do not understand or write english.Any suggestion?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

At a meeting in Cebu, the consul said that the embassy would validate this for you free of charge. Obviously you will need to prove who you are.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 10:02 am
Kevray

rizlared is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
At a meeting in Cebu, the consul said that the embassy would validate this for you free of charge. Obviously you will need to prove who you are.
How?? Any idea what ID you need to prove you are, in fact, still alive, and not someone who found your docs when they buried you??
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Passport with your picture, plus here in Philippines, most will have their ACR card. In Europe a picture driving licence.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
Passport with your picture, plus here in Philippines, most will have their ACR card. In Europe a picture driving licence.
Who knows? - Dubious Documentation from the Barangay Captain? - Mayor's Certificate of Incompetence? BIR? Homeowners' Association, Landlord, Tenants, Bank, etc. All a waste of time!

But more than likely they will accept an SM Advantage Card! - Default Password = "Happy to Serve!"
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:35 am
Just Joined

arsenalgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Who knows? - Dubious Documentation from the Barangay Captain? - Mayor's Certificate of Incompetence? BIR? Homeowners' Association, Landlord, Tenants, Bank, etc. All a waste of time!

But more than likely they will accept an SM Advantage Card! - Default Password = "Happy to Serve!"
lol @ SM Advantage card
Old May 29th 2013, 12:56 am
Just Joined

coogee is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think it would be better to lie about living in the philippines and have your pension paid into a uk bank then you could transfer the money here as required replies welcomed
Old May 29th 2013, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coogee
Do you think it would be better to lie about living in the philippines and have your pension paid into a uk bank then you could transfer the money here as required replies welcomed
There's no need to lie about it. You are quiet at liberty to have your UK pension paid into a UK account irrespective of where you live in the world.
Old May 29th 2013, 7:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyburlton
This is for the attention of UK expatiates. I have had my Pension suspended due to the fact that I did not complete a Life Certificate and form for pension direct payment to my bank In the Philippines. They say this is a new system to prove i am still alive, because i live abroad and someone else could be fraudulently claiming it.
I never received these forms in the unreliable Philippines post so the first I new about it was when I phoned UK Pensions advisor to ask why i had no Pension payments into my bank by cheque. Who stated if you don't reply in 8 weeks to these forms this happens automatic and they don't warn you by phone, but leave it to you to get in touch.
They now owe me 5 months Pension due to the slowness of jumping through all the hoops they have put, up to get it reinstated.
Can anyone confirm LIFE CERTIFICATES are now the norm for us ex pat's or just discretionary on the part of UK Pensions cntr kind regards Tony
I had to do it several years ago when I was living in Spain, for my private pension.
Old May 29th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you mean a sterling account in the Philippines. I know US Dollar accounts are common, I don't know about other currencies, you will need to ask a few banks to see if they do them. Personally I'm a bit unsure about depositing large ammounts of money in any one Philippine bank with their very low failure garentee and very slow payout when they go under.
Old May 31st 2013, 1:33 am
Just Joined

coogee is an unknown quantity at this point

what i meant was if you have a uk address i have but live in the philippines would it not be better to say you live in uk then no more requests for a life certificate form plus have your pension paid into a uk account just a thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.