Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Average job salaries

Dubai - Average job salaries

Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:27 am
Just Joined

hungrytiger86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai - Average job salaries

Hi there,

im looking to move to dubai pretty soon and am just looking to secure a job offer. Ive worked in banks and currently a debt advisor. Ive been searching for jobs but they dont seem to display the salaries of any jobs they advertise.

Does anyone have any idea on the average salary for a job role in maybe a bank as a customer service advisor? (call centre or in branch)

I think a major downfall for me is that i have no degree but a few qualifications and ive just been working non stop since i finished college. Would this affect me a lot of not having a degree?

Im english speaking with a tiny arabic but looking to learn more arabic just in case.

(background has been working in banks, insurance, sales, customer service and debt advising)
Anyone know of any good roles i can get into with experience in these industries?

Many thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:41 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - Average job salaries

Why do you want to come to Dubai?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:43 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have said at least AED 600,000 plus benefits. That's the minimum that the rest of us get.
BTW debt advisers in the UAE wear uniforms and have special 'hotels' to put you up in until your debt problem is resolved.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome hungrytiger86

Try some of the IFAs that operate in Dubai

*This is an honest piece of advice to a non-degree holder and not a piss take before others on the bored pipe up*
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Welcome hungrytiger86

Try some of the IFAs that operate in Dubai

*This is an honest piece of advice to a non-degree holder and not a piss take before others on the bored pipe up*

The ones that don't ask for experience, expertise or qualifications might take him on - in a commission only role. Any decent firm wants qualified advisers, not a bank clerk.

The role he is asking about is pretty low paid in banks here.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

At a guess anywhere between 6000aed to 15000 aed a month I'd suspect nearer the 8-10k a month mark for 90% of people in those jobs here. A manager might get into mid to high 20's if they were managing a decent sized team
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:11 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

And to second commander why do you want to come here?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
And to second commander why do you want to come here?
Yes -why would anyone want to leave the urban wasteland of the UK (where the Jubilee memories will soon fade), with its high unemployment, high tax, high crime rate, etc, for a tax-free salary in a place with good weather, a tax-free salary, an outdoor lifestyle, and a tax-free salary???
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Why do you want to come to Dubai?
Because the streets are truly paved with gold and the odd bits of broken landrovers, well Siva's anyway.

Oh to bring back the heady days of Al Raha beach
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:29 am
Just Joined

hungrytiger86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the replies - Some saracastic ones which dont make sense ! lol :s why would a debt adviser go to jail? maybe the debtor but not the advisor? and also it was in i think 2010 that the dubai government announced they were setting up a new debt management structure to help them in debt. So as for the sarcastic comments, BOO! but for the others thanks ever so much any i appreciate it - Do i need to answer the question of why i want to move to dubai? This thread was on salaries and jobs... so i guess i shall leave it at that but then again one member has posted a terrific answer to this question!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:45 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungrytiger86
Many thanks for the replies - Some saracastic ones which dont make sense ! lol :s why would a debt adviser go to jail? maybe the debtor but not the advisor? and also it was in i think 2010 that the dubai government announced they were setting up a new debt management structure to help them in debt. So as for the sarcastic comments, BOO! but for the others thanks ever so much any i appreciate it - Do i need to answer the question of why i want to move to dubai? This thread was on salaries and jobs... so i guess i shall leave it at that but then again one member has posted a terrific answer to this question!
This was only for a select few locals, the figures I read the other day stated that they had helped a few hundred locals out, their average debt was something like Dhs1,500,000.00.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:49 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Because the streets are truly paved with gold and the odd bits of broken landrovers, well Siva's anyway.

Oh to bring back the heady days of Al Raha beach
oi, nothing has fallen off my disco, alright it might actually be in the garage today having thrown a wobbler in 40 something mental degrees yesterday but no bits have broken off
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just because the government announces something, it doesn't mean it will actually happen!!

For many banks, debt management is just a load of threats; some of which get carried out...
Old Jun 6th 2012, 1:47 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why the sarcasm?

im looking to move to dubai pretty soon and am just looking to secure a job offer.

I'm looking to buy my first Ferrari pretty soon and am just looking for that career move which will move me instantly from being able to afford a 2-year-old X3 to something costing a 100 grand plus 10 grand a year insurance and maintenance, as well as keeping my wife, 3 kids, cat, big ****-off house in Paradise and more mistresses than I can shake my wanger at. Any suggestions anyone?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why the sarcasm?

im looking to move to dubai pretty soon and am just looking to secure a job offer.

I'm looking to buy my first Ferrari pretty soon and am just looking for that career move which will move me instantly from being able to afford a 2-year-old X3 to something costing a 100 grand plus 10 grand a year insurance and maintenance, as well as keeping my wife, 3 kids, cat, big ****-off house in Paradise and more mistresses than I can shake my wanger at. Any suggestions anyone?
Now you're just being silly............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.