insomnia.com.au

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default insomnia.com.au

Anyone apart from me and Ms PP suffering from chronic insomnia???

Its two o clock in the morning, the conversation got boring.... La la la la la la laaaa.....

Perhaps its my body telling me I need to go back to the uk? its programming itself for the trip?

Going to read meself to sleep.....a book.... If i can find one i havent read...may have to go and look through the boxes in the garage... If i havent read it since I left the uk, then its likely i'll have forgotten the plot... Or lost the plot... Well try to read it anyway... The "stimulation" of being in the barbie isnt helping me.....
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insomnia.com.au

morning...up at 5 after yet another night punctuated by hot flushes. Thought I'd finished with all that, but the new GF diet seems to have put my body back into the perimenopause!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

well i can join the club but you won't find me on here, I tend to read quietly until I'm ready to go back to bed if I chat on the computer it keeps me too alert.
the libraries here are magic in NSW you can have 30 books at a time in Vic it's only 20 but they let me have 25!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but I had to take DD swimming for a 5:45 start, and I've just got back from my 2nd round trip to Gordon (2 more to go today) to collect her. When I get in, I can't disturb OH by going back to bed, and wouldn't sleep anyway, so I find myself on the computer to do all my e-mails etc.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
well i can join the club but you won't find me on here, I tend to read quietly until I'm ready to go back to bed if I chat on the computer it keeps me too alert.
the libraries here are magic in NSW you can have 30 books at a time in Vic it's only 20 but they let me have 25!
Dont use the library, and am awfully glad WA wont lend so many books... i'm the world chAmpion book non returner to libraries.... Almost a phobia... The library is a five minute walk from my house, yet STILL I got overdue fines...

Much safer for me to buy them for less than the cost of a weeks fine from a garage sale....
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OH downloads freebies onto his ipad. I can't stare at the screen for hours at bedtime, which is when I read. I stare at the screen for hours in the day- either tv or computer, don't need more rays making my eyes bad. Also I sometimes fall asleep and don't want to drool on an ipad!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I brought one of those "book seats" when i found holding a book aggrivated my neck (my neck was injured when My back was.. But not injured Enough for HIS liking)..... Holds the ipad beautifully.. No danger of dribble on that... Been looking for a pattern online so I can make another one... But havent found one yet
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I brought one of those "book seats" when i found holding a book aggrivated my neck (my neck was injured when My back was.. But not injured Enough for HIS liking)..... Holds the ipad beautifully.. No danger of dribble on that... Been looking for a pattern online so I can make another one... But havent found one yet
Just a mini beanbag isn't it? Three/four triangles and some polystyrene beads?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just a mini beanbag isn't it? Three/four triangles and some polystyrene beads?
Yup... But I'm not technically minded enough to work one out for myself.... A friend who was a professional pattern maker before nursing said she would design one for me... But disappeared.... As did the friend who had a mate who was a licensed roo shooter and could get us a freeze full of roo meat dead cheap.....

Funny how that happens....
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Last week I would have joined your club, but this week I'm taking Valerian Root tablets half an hour before going to bed & they are brilliant, I'm just so happy in the mornings.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Yup... But I'm not technically minded enough to work one out for myself.... A friend who was a professional pattern maker before nursing said she would design one for me... But disappeared.... As did the friend who had a mate who was a licensed roo shooter and could get us a freeze full of roo meat dead cheap.....

Funny how that happens....
OK at a guess, three triangles that are 1 1/2-2 times taller and just over 1 times wider than your iPad, then a fourth triangle who's sides are the same length as your width, sew together leaving a gap, turn inside out, fill with beads until you get the fatness you want to make the iPad stand where you want it, sew up the gap and voila!
Attached Thumbnails insomnia.com.au-triangle.png  
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt totally idle this morning, I was planning my boss's trip to Europe and working out train times from Brussels.

Then I fell asleep shortly after 2am, woke up a short while after wheezing with a sore chest, then fell asleep again and woke up at 6am feeling knackered.

Dont think mine is caused by the steroids any more, think its the AI issues and my lungs

Getting used to it now as I know I cant take anything for it.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Awww....sorry you are so poorly.

I had another disturbed night due to blinking hot flushes again. Fell asleep at 5am until 7 and that was the longest uninterupted period of sleep I'd had. Can't think why they are back and so bad, after 2 years free of them.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:58 am
Just Joined

csrao is an unknown quantity at this point

A simple self help technique that I have been practicing to get quality sleep and conquer my insomnia is ‘Focusing on breathing’. It reduces the flow of thoughts, calms the mind and relaxes the muscles, inducing quality sleep. The following mode of this technique can be tried when lying in the bed and needing to sleep.

TRIPLE SEGMENT MODE: Every finger has 2 cross lines, dividing it into 3 parts or segments. Place the tip of the thumb at the top segment of the little finger and breathe three times. Move the thumb to the middle segment and breathe three times. Move to the bottom segment and breathe three times. Repeat the same steps at the next 3 fingers. At the thumb, place the tip of the index finger on its segments and follow the same steps. Then switch to the other hand and repeat the process all over. Continue to practice, switching the hands. When you wake up in the morning, you will be surprised how you slept so well last night!

The detailed article on insomnia can be seen in this page: http://countingbreaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Insomnia-Hand-out.pdf
Old Apr 24th 2012, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well... I'm Pleased to report the best nighhts sleep I've had in a week.... From 10pm through to 10 am.... Feeling almost human this morning... Certainly not as fragile as I was... Amazing what sleep deprivation does to your head isnt it?

Suppose i worry about insomnia because the first time I ever had it, it was a symptom of my pituitary tumour.... And then i worry that i'm not sleeping so cant sleep.... If that makes sense...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.