Please help, Young couple in Spain, looking to live in Canada

Please help, Young couple in Spain, looking to live in Canada

Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:57 pm
Banned

YoungCouple is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Please help, Young couple in Spain, looking to live in Canada

Hello.

Adivce please.

We are a young couple, (21 and 26) looking to move and work permanently to Canada from Spain, as this seems like a endless dying country. We are both British and hold UK passports but Spanish residents. We do not have any qualifications or qualified skills. My fiancee is a builder and I have worked in many different things. (Estate agents, shops,..)

Where is the best place in Canada to move for Brits?
How is the job situation there?
Is applying for visa's hard?
Is there any way that we can get a visa without having a qualified skill?
Health system?
And any other information would be grateful.

Thank you
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:00 pm
Banned

Default Re: Please help, Young couple looking to live in Spain

We are thinking about the around Toronto, is that a good place to start our search?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungCouple
We are thinking about the around Toronto, is that a good place to start our search?
Vancouver is nice if you don't like to go out for a meal.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hi and welcome,
look at the Working Holiday Visa or IEC visa options...I am not sure if you would qualify as living in Spain, but it might be something to check out.

Should you qualify under that scheme, look at the Provincial Nominee Programs, some Provinces offer you an "in" if you can find with the above program work and have worked for a certain period of time.

Otherwise it will be extremely difficult with out job qualifications.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:09 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
This can be combated by entering plenty of meat draws down the legion.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:11 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
This can be combated by entering plenty of meat draws down the legion.
I've got my eye on a nice pound of bacon this Sunday.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Spain is one of my favorite countries for the food, culture and history. Your move makes sense though, I have heard Spain is having some really terrible economic and unemployment issues right now.

Well us Brits are all over the place, it really depends what you mean by the question. If you want to be near other brits, then definitely stay east, there are large british communities in cities like Halifax. If you want to be close to home, again stay east to avoid long flights home. If you mean better quality of life in general then that's a lot harder question to answer. Vancouver is rated as one of the best places in the world for quality of life though it is expensive!

Pretty good. Unemployment hovering around 7%. Canada was also rated as the highest non-european country for Job satisfaction (coming 5th behind Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway and Switzerland).

If you're young you can both get an International Experience Open work permit which lets you get your foot in the door and work at any employer for a year. If your job is a good enough skill level you can get them to apply for a regular work permit and go on to apply for permanent residence with that.
See the Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration in the wiki.

Qualified skill? Well it depends what you mean. You can work at a skilled job and apply for PR with an unrelated degree, but if you have a degree, you still get the points. It's a difficult question to answer so you might have to be more specific. Some provinces have programmes that allow non-skilled immigrants in.

Health system?
Varies from province to province. There was a recent thread on here about how the healthcare compared to the NHS here. From my limited knowledge it's similar to spanish healthcare, no prescription coverage and you have to pay monthly for the healthcare (not in all provinces though. In BC it's around $60 a month).

Even though there are just as many (if not more) restaurants per capita as New York City?

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Apr 25th 2012 at 5:33 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:22 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my eye on a nice pound of bacon this Sunday.
Win anything on the meat draw allows you a nap on a Sunday afternoon without a nagging I think it's why they invented them
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
. . .

Even though there are just as many (if not more) restaurants per capita as New York City?
I should of qualified and added, if you don't like to go out for a nice meal.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:23 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hello.

Adivce please.

We are a young couple, (21 and 26) looking to move and work permanently to Canada from Spain, as this seems like a endless dying country. We are both British and hold UK passports but Spanish residents. We do not have any qualifications or qualified skills. My fiancee is a builder and I have worked in many different things. (Estate agents, shops,..)

Health system?
And any other information would be grateful.

Thank you
Why Canada???...whats wrong with Australia
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a requirement that the applicant has been resident in the UK for the past year for an IEC visa. If the OP is a Spanish resident, they may not be eligible. Don't quote me, just something I vaguely remember reading.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Why Canada???...whats wrong with Australia
Nothing is wrong with Australia, Infact I have many members of family there and its my dream to live there.. But I dont like the heat.. and My fiancee has a phobia of spiders. ...That is why Im in the Canada thread......

Such odd question :S
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Spain is one of my favorite countries for the food, culture and history. Your move makes sense though, I have heard Spain is having some really terrible economic and unemployment issues right now.

Well us Brits are all over the place, it really depends what you mean by the question. If you want to be near other brits, then definitely stay east, there are large british communities in cities like Halifax. If you want to be close to home, again stay east to avoid long flights home. If you mean better quality of life in general then that's a lot harder question to answer. Vancouver is rated as one of the best places in the world for quality of life though it is expensive!

Pretty good. Unemployment hovering around 7%. Canada was also rated as the highest non-european country for Job satisfaction (coming 5th behind Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway and Switzerland).

If you're young you can both get an International Experience Open work permit which lets you get your foot in the door and work at any employer for a year. If your job is a good enough skill level you can get them to apply for a regular work permit and go on to apply for permanent residence with that.
See the Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration in the wiki.

Qualified skill? Well it depends what you mean. You can work at a skilled job and apply for PR with an unrelated degree, but if you have a degree, you still get the points. It's a difficult question to answer so you might have to be more specific. Some provinces have programmes that allow non-skilled immigrants in.

Varies from province to province. There was a recent thread on here about how the healthcare compared to the NHS here. From my limited knowledge it's similar to spanish healthcare, no prescription coverage and you have to pay monthly for the healthcare (not in all provinces though. In BC it's around $60 a month).

Thanks for your advice and help
When I mean by skilled. I meant having a qualifications to be able to enter. We are not doctors or registerd builders. Is that not needed in Canada?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:10 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is wrong with Australia, Infact I have many members of family there and its my dream to live there.. But I dont like the heat.. and My fiancee has a phobia of spiders. ...That is why Im in the Canada thread......

Such odd question :S
you dont like the heat..but you live in Spain
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
you dont like the heat..but you live in Spain

I moved here when I was a kid, I didnt have much choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.