New Malden, Surrey

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:31 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Malden, Surrey

Well folks FINALLY I have an interview next week in New Malden, Surrey, I have no idea of how things are south of the Watford Gap

Soooo what's it like there? Seems really nice from Google but you never can tell.............most importantly from those who do know the place, would YOU live there??
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Malden, Surrey

Seeing as Wimbledon is a stone's throw away it might be more a case of can you afford it !! We got tickets for the tennis last summer and we were literally blown away at the stratospheric property prices. Or perhaps I've been living north of Watford gap for too long (certainly feels like it ). By comparison they give houses away with cornflakes up 'ere.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Well just 'Rightmoved' a couple of 2-up 2-down places

New Malden

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true

Wimbledon

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-35310632.html

And that's in this depressed market
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:35 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

They are residential positions.

No way could I actually afford to rent/buy in these type of places being a reet Northerner.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New Malden, Surrey

Many years ago (about 20 years, actually!) we went to a barbie at my husband's colleague's house in New Malden.

We thought it was a really nice area. It was absolutely middle class and I imagine that most of the locals were 'true blue' Tories lol!

I would definitely consider living in New Malden for sure.

Good Luck!

http://www.findaproperty.com/wordont...=0&areaid=0027

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Malden

(Just thought of something - doesn't TriBoy live in or near New Malden? I know his wife is Korean. It might be worth taking a look at some of his old posts and if he does live around there I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM with some questions).

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 2nd 2011 at 11:18 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:16 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Many years ago (about 20 years, actually!) we went to a barbie at my husband's colleague's house in New Malden.

We thought it was a really nice area. It was absolutely middle class and I imagine that most of the locals were 'true blue' Tories lol!

I would definitely consider living in New Malden for sure.

Good Luck!

http://www.findaproperty.com/wordont...=0&areaid=0027

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Malden

(Just thought of something - doesn't TriBoy live in or near New Malden? I know his wife is Korean. It might be worth taking a look at some of his old posts and if he does live around there I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM with some questions).
Thanks will do that EM. Oohhh true blue Tories eh? I better not wear my red Labour rosette then.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
They are residential positions.

No way could I actually afford to rent/buy in these type of places being a reet Northerner.
Good luck with the job BW! Great place to be in a resident position. You could pop into London on days off.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Droidling
Well just 'Rightmoved' a couple of 2-up 2-down places

New Malden

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true

Wimbledon

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-35310632.html

And that's in this depressed market
They have got to be kidding ..right ???
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
They have got to be kidding ..right ???
Yep,almost dropped me bacon sandwich
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by bandrui
Good luck with the job BW! Great place to be in a resident position. You could pop into London on days off.
That's a large part of the plan, plus seaside towns where the sun shines.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:35 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Thanks will do that EM. Oohhh true blue Tories eh? I better not wear my red Labour rosette then.
Also leave the ferrets behind when you move ;-)
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

New Malden is sandwiched between Worcester Park, Kingston, Tolworth and Wimbledon.

Trains into London are OK. Lots of roadworks at the moment, so I guess that is good.

It has - reputedly- the biggest Korean population outside of Korea. Lots of Korean grocery shops and restaurants.
Quite a nice little high street...it is basically a typical London suburb.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
New Malden is sandwiched between Worcester Park, Kingston, Tolworth and Wimbledon.

Trains into London are OK. Lots of roadworks at the moment, so I guess that is good.

It has - reputedly- the biggest Korean population outside of Korea. Lots of Korean grocery shops and restaurants.
Quite a nice little high street...it is basically a typical London suburb.
Whoever said that (not you) doesn't know what they are on about. We go to New Malden all the time for Korean groceries, whilst there are a few Korean shops and restaurants and travel agents there, it wouldn't even amount to 25% of Eastwood in Sydney, and that is a drop in the ocean compared to other huge Korean populations outside of Korea.

Namely, Vancouver, New Jersey (they have hispanic people at Hanna Market making kimchi), NYC, LA to name a few.

New Malden itself is a bit rank IMO, but follow the high street right through and it gets very nice. My cycle dealer is in Hampton Wick so we make the journey from there to NM, and approaching from that direction isn't inspiring.

Handy location though, easy for the city and if you're driving only two minutes to the A3.

Good Luck

Last edited by Tr1boy; Nov 3rd 2011 at 11:18 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:20 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Whoever said that (not you) doesn't know what they are on about. We go to New Malden all the time for Korean groceries, whilst there are a few Korean shops and restaurants and travel agents there, it wouldn't even amount to 25% of Eastwood in Sydney, and that is a drop in the ocean compared to other huge Korean populations outside of Korea.

Namely, Vancouver, New Jersey (they have hispanic people at Hanna Market making kimchi), NYC, LA to name a few.

New Malden itself is a bit rank IMO, but follow the high street right through and it gets very nice. My cycle dealer is in Hampton Wick so we make the journey from there to NM, and approaching from that direction isn't inspiring.

Handy location though, easy for the city and if you're driving only two minutes to the A3.

Good Luck
Thanks Triboy

You say it is uninspiring, but I can think of another place far,far away that inspires me even less.

Are there lots of leafy country lanes in the vicinity as I really like to walk them?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:04 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know it quite well. I own a house in Surbiton and worked in Kingston which is not far away. Great shops (in Kingston), good buses and trains. If you need to keep costs down there are cheap areas, although some are a bit dodgy. I was considering a house in Chessington which is not far and a cheaper pocket of housing while still in London. You would want to be careful where exactly you bought there. Some crime problem areas, but also some nice pockets. Rent before you buy to get a good idea. Check Council tax costs too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.