IELTS...valid two years for all?

Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default IELTS...valid two years for all?

Hi,

I submitted my application in Sept 2010...still showing RBVO

I understand we will need to supply further PCC documentation but will I need to redo the IELTS?

CIC website states that those who applied after Dec 23 2010 will be valid for 2 yrs, leaving me wondering if I will need to fork out for another test as well as updated PCCs?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS...valid two years for all?

I was worried about this too, but once your IELTS is submitted it becomes "locked in" for two years. However, Police Checks do expire as you said.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Thanks Canada Jimmy,

Phew, one less thing to worry about.

I passed no problem 1st time but still would rather not repeat the experience.

Regards
Deeny
Old Jul 29th 2011, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously?

We have spoken English all our lives, but we need to sit a test to prove it, and then after two years we forget English again?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Seriously?

We have spoken English all our lives, but we need to sit a test to prove it, and then after two years we forget English again?
Yeah if it takes so long that it expires Mr Kenney will be getting an angry letter.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Yeah if it takes so long that it expires Mr Kenney will be getting an angry letter.
Save your ink, IELTs don't expire. They just can't be older than 2 years from the date of the test, when submitted with your application.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deeny
Hi,

I submitted my application in Sept 2010...still showing RBVO

I understand we will need to supply further PCC documentation but will I need to redo the IELTS?

CIC website states that those who applied after Dec 23 2010 will be valid for 2 yrs, leaving me wondering if I will need to fork out for another test as well as updated PCCs?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
I think all IELTS are valid for 2 years. It is just prior to 23 Dec 2010 CIO were rejecting applications if they had IELTS older than 1 year.

So your IELTS will be valid for 2 years from the date on your results certificate.

I am not sure about their not expiring. Surely CIC say 2 years because people's standards of English or French could decline over the years, and some applicant could find themselves in the process for several years. But I guess generally people's language abilities don't decline, whereas their ability to commit crimes is potentially ongoing! Our original police certificate we sent with our application was still valid when we got medical requests and even when we got passport requests, but CIO still asked for another police certificate when they asked for medicals.

Anybody know if and when CHC London return original documents including IELTS results? We have our visas and passports but none of our original documents have yet been returned.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; Jul 29th 2011 at 7:43 am.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 11:04 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

What original documents did you send?

I remember when we applied the only originals you sent were police certs and uni transcripts

Everything else was certified copies
Old Jul 29th 2011, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
What original documents did you send?

I remember when we applied the only originals you sent were police certs and uni transcripts

Everything else was certified copies
Uni transcripts, police certs, IELTS results, employer references and some proof of funding stuff (estate agent quotes and mortgage letters etc).

There's nothing we desperately need back, but I seem to remember reading that they sent original documents back - so was just wondering.

Wayne.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 12:46 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

admittingly , a while ago now , but we didn't get our police certs , uni transcripts or anything back

I was just worried that you'd sent birth or marriage certs or something important !!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
admittingly , a while ago now , but we didn't get our police certs , uni transcripts or anything back

I was just worried that you'd sent birth or marriage certs or something important !!
No there's nothing we particularly need. Maybe it's just some visa offices which send documents back, and not London.

Wayne.