Reload this Page >

Need help-British national living in the us

Need help-British national living in the us

Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

kingshahine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help-British national living in the us

Let me start with a bit of background information

I moved from the uk to the U.s when i was young, I was brought here by my parents. We were in the process of getting a green card but lawyer issues and mistakes made by my parents messed things up. Now im a young adult and im in a bit of jam. I'm trying to apply for my passport for the first time( i was included in my mothers passport which has been lossed) and im wondering what kind of problems i can expect by applying for my passport for the first time outside of the u.k?

-I have printed the c-1 form
-I've gathered all the necessary documents except my mothers passport information because its been lost although i do have my fathers.
- Both my mother and father are british citizens (father immigrated, mother was born in the uk)

Also Will the embassy question me on my legal status in the united states? Any advice will be appreciated, I'm young and i need advice, I'm just trying to figure out a way foward

Last edited by kingshahine; Jun 8th 2011 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by kingshahine
Let me start with a bit of background information

I moved from the uk to the U.s when i was young, I was brought here by my parents. We were in the process of getting a green card but lawyer issues and mistakes made by my parents messed things up. Now im a young adult and im in a bit of jam. I'm trying to apply for my passport for the first time( i was included in my mothers passport which has been lossed) and im wondering what kind of problems i can expect by applying for my passport for the first time outside of the u.k?

-I have printed the c-1 form
-I've gathered all the necessary documents except my mothers passport information because its been lost although i do have my fathers.
- Both my mother and father are british citizens (father immigrated, mother was born in the uk)

Also Will the embassy question me on my legal status in the united states? Any advice will be appreciated, I'm young and i need advice, I'm just trying to figure out a way foward
Hello and welcome to BE.

Firstly I don't think the UK Embassy are bothered about your status in the US. What documents do you have? Both parents UK long form birth certificates, your UK long form birth certificate, your father's passport? Do you have any details of your mother's PP..number etc?

I will copy this thread to JAJ...he is one of our mods and he will be able to help you.

It may be an idea to repost your questions...giving as much detail as possible in our US Forums...because Dean, British Consul looks in regularly in that forum and he will also be able to help you.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 8th 2011 at 5:44 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi kingshahine,

Welcome to BE. Sorry to read about your situation, but as JG posted try posting in our USA forums, as the subject of applying for passports whilst living in the US comes up often.

If you don't mind me asking are you planning on a trip to the UK?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi kingshahine,

Welcome to BE. Sorry to read about your situation, but as JG posted try posting in our USA forums, as the subject of applying for passports whilst living in the US comes up often.

If you don't mind me asking are you planning on a trip to the UK?
Hi sue and thanks jerseygirl for responding to my post.

I am not planning a trip to the uk yet. Basically being 21 im stuck here, and i don't have a form of id. Hopefully getting my passport will make living here a little bit easier. If it comes down to it, ill just go back to the uk, and try and start a life over there, because living here without a green card(no ss or license) is becoming hard. It's also hard to think about going back because i've lived the majority of my life here now.

I have my mothers birth certificate, my parents marriage license, my birth certificate, my dads passport,and I don't know my mothers passport number.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

thanks again for any help you don't know how much i appreciate it
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sue and thanks jerseygirl for responding to my post.

I am not planning a trip to the uk yet. Basically being 21 im stuck here, and i don't have a form of id. Hopefully getting my passport will make living here a little bit easier. If it comes down to it, ill just go back to the uk, and try and start a life over there, because living here without a green card(no ss or license) is becoming hard. It's also hard to think about going back because i've lived the majority of my life here now.

I have my mothers birth certificate, my parents marriage license, my birth certificate, my dads passport,and I don't know my mothers passport number.
Are you living here illegally or do you have a visa? Just wondering because if you can get a green card through the visa...it's worth having...then you could go for citizenship. If not once you leave the US it will be very difficult for you to come back.

Just wondering if it maybe worthwhile for you to ask about your status in the US Immigration Forum.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are you living here illegally or do you have a visa? Just wondering because if you can get a green card through the visa...it's worth having...then you could go for citizenship. If not once you leave the US it will be very difficult for you to come back.

Just wondering if it maybe worthwhile for you to ask about your status in the US Immigration Forum.
im here illegally. I was included in my mothers passport, which has now been lost and she doesn't know her passport number. On the c1 form it states that i must put mothers passport number down. Is there any way around it? She doesn't even know it herself so if she reports it lost with lost form she can't put her number down.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

What is the best way to go about getting my passport?

My dad has his passport but it needs to be renewed.

My mother lost hers and i was included on it and she doesn't know her passport numbers.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

yes i am here illegally. I know it will be hard to come back, but since i didn't come here with my own visa and i was just a child when i came can i not just apply for a visa or student visa to come back out here again? and start the process of getting my green card for myself?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

How can my mother report her passport lost if she doesn't have her passport number?

secondly, do i have to put down her passport information on the c1 form? I was included in her passport so im thinking yes.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OK please be patient...as I said earlier you would be best to repost your questions in the US forum...either Dean, British Consul or JAJ will be able to give you the most accurate answers.

As far as your immigration status in the US is concerned...I urge you to use the link I gave you and post in our Immigration forum.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:40 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As far as your immigration status in the US is concerned...I urge you to use the link I gave you and post in our Immigration forum.
Yes I would second what JG is telling you.

It may help you to chew this over with others, in order that peeps can share their experiences with you. That way you can weigh up your options, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you in the limbo land you find yourself in. Trying to take the bull by the horns and making sense of it will be a weight off you mind, you shouldn't have this worry at your age. You should be looking forward to your future.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Yes I would second what JG is telling you.

It may help you to chew this over with others, in order that peeps can share their experiences with you. That way you can weigh up your options, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you in the limbo land you find yourself in. Trying to take the bull by the horns and making sense of it will be a weight off you mind, you shouldn't have this worry at your age. You should be looking forward to your future.
Being stuck in this weird place is hard but i can't complain, i have to move on and deal with it. I know its hard, but honestly its making me a stronger person for it. The way i approach life is completely different, and if everything was given to me i wouldn't be as driven as i am now. thanks for your help.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

yes i am here illegally. I know it will be hard to come back, but since i didn't come here with my own visa and i was just a child when i came can i not just apply for a visa or student visa to come back out here again? and start the process of getting my green card for myself?
You need to understand that no, you can not do that.
You know about the DREAM Act? You are one of those kids.

If you're serious about planning for your future, you should consider getting a start in the UK. It's not going to get any easier here.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Being stuck in this weird place is hard but i can't complain, i have to move on and deal with it. I know its hard, but honestly its making me a stronger person for it. The way i approach life is completely different, and if everything was given to me i wouldn't be as driven as i am now. thanks for your help.
I sympathise with you but please consider what Sue, Meauxna and I have already said about your US status. You need to know all your options...you are only 20 with the whole world at your feet. Keep your options open as far as the US is concerned...get advice and our Imm forum is the first place to start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.