Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pest control/ bee removal in AD

Pest control/ bee removal in AD

Old May 5th 2011, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pest control/ bee removal in AD

I've just discovered, in the most painful way, that we have a bee swarm on the outside of our house. Has anyone got a good pest control company to suggest, or even better, a bee-keeper (because I fear that the pest-control guys will just annihilate the swarm, rather than re-house it)?
Old May 5th 2011, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pest control/ bee removal in AD

Originally Posted by csdf
I've just discovered, in the most painful way, that we have a bee swarm on the outside of our house. Has anyone got a good pest control company to suggest, or even better, a bee-keeper (because I fear that the pest-control guys will just annihilate the swarm, rather than re-house it)?
where did you get stung?
Old May 5th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
where did you get stung?
In my ear.
Old May 8th 2011, 6:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a swarm or a nest of bees?

Moving a bee nest isn't the easiest think in the world to do. If you can get the queen out and move her they usually all follow (which is only slightly easier than finding teeth on a hen I hear).

I think unless you want to get into the honey making business you're going to have to declare war on them and get them exterminated.

N.
Old May 8th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Do you have a swarm or a nest of bees?

Moving a bee nest isn't the easiest think in the world to do. If you can get the queen out and move her they usually all follow (which is only slightly easier than finding teeth on a hen I hear).

I think unless you want to get into the honey making business you're going to have to declare war on them and get them exterminated.

N.
Dunno, I'm no apiculturalist and as I was busy removing an angry bee from my ear I didn't hang around to check out the architectural niceties of their new home. But I did spot honeycomb, which I think means it was more than just a swarm.

The pest control people came yesterday and in true fashion massacred the lot of them with a can of anti-fly spray.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:44 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, I'm no apiculturalist and as I was busy removing an angry bee from my ear I didn't hang around to check out the architectural niceties of their new home. But I did spot honeycomb, which I think means it was more than just a swarm.

The pest control people came yesterday and in true fashion massacred the lot of them with a can of anti-fly spray.
Serve them right, coming into our country and taking our nectar and stinging our women...bloody bees!

N.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

or maybe a bear could help- maybe see if they have one down Sharjah pet market....
Old May 8th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Serve them right, coming into our country and taking our nectar and stinging our women...bloody bees!

N.
Nooooo....Abu Dhabi without bees is like....
Au Dhai!
Old May 8th 2011, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Can of lynx(AXE) and a decent lighter and away you go !!!
Old May 9th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Rather you than me.
Old May 9th 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Nooooo....Abu Dhabi without bees is like....
Au Dhai!
Kick them all out I say...vote for the BeeNP?

Sorry i can't help myself - it's that time of the month.

N.