Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

address undeliverable?!

address undeliverable?!

Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

stocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Question address undeliverable?!

ok so just got an email from uscis which states the 485 notice was returned by the post office as address undeliverable.

I dont get it, we have had the initial notice letter sent to us no problem and the biometrics letter sent no problem.

when we originally got the request for the rfe is stated it was for the 485 then the email today stated for 485 and 765, 2 separate emails. Why?

What can we do to check why it wasnt delivered? We called uscis and confirmed our mail delivery address. Thats all we could do with them?

Is there somewhere else the rfe would be sent from rather than where the biometrics letter etc was sent from?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting AOS soon. Name on birth certificate doesn't match passport - options?

Originally Posted by stocks
ok so just got an email from uscis which states the 485 notice was returned by the post office as address undeliverable.
The I-485 notice? Which one...receipt of I-485 (NOA1), or approval of I-485 (NOA2)?

I dont get it, we have had the initial notice letter sent to us no problem and the biometrics letter sent no problem.
Sounds like you received the NOA1, so that can't be what was returned to USCIS. It's not likely to be the NOA2 approval of I-485 if you still have an outstanding RFE. Maybe you got that email by mistake. Or maybe they were wrong and they were referring to the RFE being undeliverable.

when we originally got the request for the rfe is stated it was for the 485 then the email today stated for 485 and 765, 2 separate emails. Why?
Maybe there was a problem with both the I-485 and the I-765?

What can we do to check why it wasnt delivered? We called uscis and confirmed our mail delivery address. Thats all we could do with them?
That's about all you can do with USCIS. Is your name posted inside your mailbox so if there's a temporary carrier he knows for sure that's your mailbox?

Is there somewhere else the rfe would be sent from rather than where the biometrics letter etc was sent from?
I'm not sure exactly where an RFE is sent from, but there would be no way to call that place directly anyway. The only number to call USCIS is the 800 number.

Rene
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Starting AOS soon. Name on birth certificate doesn't match passport - options?

Its the RFE that they say was undeliverable. Does the RFE come from the same place as the NOA1 and the Biometrics appointment letter?

Just really confusing this.

Can we go to our local uscis office with the documents and try and figure this out?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Its the RFE that they say was undeliverable. Does the RFE come from the same place as the NOA1 and the Biometrics appointment letter?
I'm sorry, I don't really know.

Can we go to our local uscis office with the documents and try and figure this out?
You can try, but they probably won't be able to see what the RFE was for (what information it was requesting).

Rene
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: address undeliverable?!

We called uscis and confirmed our mail delivery address. Thats all we could do with them?
All the 'whys' don't matter.. did they tell you they would re-send the RFE letter?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
All the 'whys' don't matter.. did they tell you they would re-send the RFE letter?
they did

ok, the saga continues.

About 1 hour after I got off the phone with USCIS I got a update email from them saying

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On February 16, 2011 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application

?????????????????
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:47 pm

OK, so it sounds like they've sent the RFE again, today, and you should receive it within 30 days.

Rene
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

My case has jumped right from initial review to card/document production?

Is that normal at this early stage?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:02 pm

My case has jumped right from initial review to card/document production?

Is that normal at this early stage?
It's hard to say exactly what you'll be getting in the mail. Maybe it's the RFE. Maybe it's the EAD card. Maybe it's the AP. Maybe it's the Green Card. Hard to tell from the email they sent you, which seems to be just a generic letter that includes everything.

I'd say if you were expecting an RFE in the mail that got returned to USCIS, that is what will be coming.

But at this point, all you can do is wait and see. If I were you, I'd make sure my full name is on the inside of my mailbox.

Rene
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's hard to say exactly what you'll be getting in the mail. Maybe it's the RFE. Maybe it's the EAD card. Maybe it's the AP. Maybe it's the Green Card. Hard to tell from the email they sent you, which seems to be just a generic letter that includes everything.

I'd say if you were expecting an RFE in the mail that got returned to USCIS, that is what will be coming.

But at this point, all you can do is wait and see. If I were you, I'd make sure my full name is on the inside of my mailbox.

Rene
thats done, thanks so much for your help. I will wait and see. Hopefully be here in a couple days.

Lets bloody hope.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

so again.....

yesterday I receive a case status email, same email

22nd Feb letter was sent back to uscis

dont know what is going on....

everytime i call they give me same answers

eventually go through to a officer and they told me to disregard the 22nd email, its just generic, and still wait on the letter to come to me.

ive had 4 notices come to me already, one of them is biometrics, all with same address as they have....

this is weird.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:54 pm

Ugh. I know it's frustrating, but the email notices and online updates are not the most reliable things in the world. You'll just have to wait to get the hard copy letter in the mail.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

ugh

yesterday one of the call guys said its the biometrics, just disregard.

We have been told so many different things.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:01 pm

ugh

yesterday one of the call guys said its the biometrics, just disregard.

We have been told so many different things.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention...the 800 number is just as useless and unreliable as the email and online notices.

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.