Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by jasper123
Oh yes thats a good one alright,
Bates has come back to town and is working as a bartender in a pub, his young lady friend went there and visited him, he has a plan of getting rid of his wife, ---- no not knocking her off but paying her off, Dowton Abbey was good again tonight,
Also on TV tonight Sunday was a 50 year celebration show of songs of praise,
good show in this very big cathedral packed with about 20,000 people,
guests were LeAnn Rimes, and Andrea Bocelli, you should have heard him sing Amazing Grace ------ Wow what a voice,
Please don't say anything about Downton Abbey. We don't get it until January.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Bandrui, Im in US and caught up on current series. It's brill and I won't divulge what happens. Thank God for expatshield! Just catching up today on this and Coronation Street..
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Bandrui, Im in US and caught up on current series. It's brill and I won't divulge what happens. Thank God for expatshield! Just catching up today on this and Coronation Street..
True confessions: every day I watch East Enders, Emmerdale and Corrie.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Bates has come back to town and is working as a bartender in a pub, his young lady friend went there and visited him, he has a plan of getting rid of his wife, ---- no not knocking her off but paying her off, Dowton Abbey was good again tonight,
guests were LeAnn Rimes, and Andrea Bocelli, you should have heard him sing Amazing Grace ------ Wow what a voice,
I saw that last Sunday or the Sunday before and they had Harry Secombe singing. He has passed away so it must have a clip from the past.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I don't half miss some of those guys like Secombe, Morecambe and Wise, Les Dawson, Ronnie Barker. I think Wise is still alive. Also can't remember name of entertainer but used to love that game show where at end all items passed on conveyor belt like toasters etc and you had to remember as many items as possible to get them. Used to love remembering all the items then yelling when idiot could't remember everything. What's his name? Used to say "nice to see you, to see you and audience yelled out "nice".. getting old..
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:15 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

I don't half miss some of those guys like Secombe, Morecambe and Wise, Les Dawson, Ronnie Barker. I think Wise is still alive. Also can't remember name of entertainer but used to love that game show where at end all items passed on conveyor belt like toasters etc and you had to remember as many items as possible to get them. Used to love remembering all the items then yelling when idiot could't remember everything. What's his name? Used to say "nice to see you, to see you and audience yelled out "nice".. getting old..
Was it Bruce Forsyth? He is still going!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:35 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Yes, it was "The Generation Game" and the host was Bruce Forsyth (and for a time, his much younger (now ex) wife, Anthea Redfearn).

He is still on TV as the host of the UK version of a dance competition, it might be 'Dancing With the Stars' or a similar name/format. Bruce received a Knighthood earlier this year.

I have no idea why this has just come into my head, (from around the same era - 1970s) I remember a game show which used to be on TV on Sunday evenings and the contestant had to shoot an arrow into a bullseye, the arrow being set up by "Bernie the Bolt"...I think it was "The Golden Shot"
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Was that Ken Dodd?

No, Bruce Forsyth. I looked it up.

Remember Freddie Frinton? A friend sent me this: (you can ignore the French subtitles LOL)

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5zld2

Last edited by bandrui; Oct 3rd 2011 at 2:16 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:15 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Yes, it was "The Generation Game" and the host was Bruce Forsyth (and for a time, his much younger (now ex) wife, Anthea Redfearn).

He is still on TV as the host of the UK version of a dance competition, it might be 'Dancing With the Stars' or a similar name/format. Bruce received a Knighthood earlier this year.

I have no idea why this has just come into my head, (from around the same era - 1970s) I remember a game show which used to be on TV on Sunday evenings and the contestant had to shoot an arrow into a bullseye, the arrow being set up by "Bernie the Bolt"...I think it was "The Golden Shot"
The Golden shot with Bob Monkhouse. I loved that show when I was a little kid
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bruce forsyth it is..thanks..
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 6:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Not nice for people who can't watch at the time due to it not being shown till later, if you feel the need to divulge the plot of the episode, well that's what the spolier button is for, and people don't have to look at it.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Hello Englishmum, Yes, and now Brucie has a new younger model!!!!! Don
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Hello Englishmum, Yes, and now Brucie has a new younger model!!!!! Don
well he has been married to her for 28 years, and she is 53, so if you can count that as a 'younger model' the Wilnelia Merced will fit, Anthea is 63 now
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:13 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone was asking about The Box last week and thought it was too complicated for them, so I thought I'd mention my new discovery.

I've finally signed up for a service that lets me watch all the UK TV shows online instead of having to download it all from The Box.

I know some here use Expat Shield but it was no use to me because it doesn't allow you to watch Channel 4 and it doesn't work on a Mac.

So I did some research and found that, to watch all the channels, a proxy like ExPat Shield isn't enough. You need what's called a Virtual Private Network or VPN.

I signed up for this one last week and it's fantastic. It costs £5 a month but it's money well spent. I had to go through a very simple installation process on my laptop (took 2 minutes) and then I was connected to their servers, which means when I have it turned on, all my surfing goes through UK servers and I can see everything. It works for every channel and there are no delays.

Hope this helps someone who wants to watch all the great TV we're missing.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not nice for people who can't watch at the time due to it not being shown till later, if you feel the need to divulge the plot of the episode, well that's what the spolier button is for, and people don't have to look at it.
Sorry bandruri and mikelincs ----- just wasn't thinking, I will be much more careful in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.