Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Teaching
Reload this Page >

AITSL Teaching Assessment - Process time?

AITSL Teaching Assessment - Process time?

Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default AITSL Teaching Assessment - Process time?

My application form and documents are on the way to Australia for the AITSL. It says on the website 'Up to 8 weeks' processing time.

Just wondered if anyone else had recently completed this stage... How long did it take from sending the forms away to getting the completed assessment back?

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AITSL Teaching Assessment - Process time?

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
My application form and documents are on the way to Australia for the AITSL. It says on the website 'Up to 8 weeks' processing time.

Just wondered if anyone else had recently completed this stage... How long did it take from sending the forms away to getting the completed assessment back?

Thanks
About 8 weeks lol
Old Jan 16th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Nearly exactely 8 weeks!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Thanks

I am looking at your timeline MusicalFever, why did it take May to December to get approved for State sponsorship? I thought that had a 8 week time frame too?

EDIT: Sorry just noticed yours was Victoria, I am applying to SA so maybe it is different??
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Well, I got caught in the changes in migration programme. I was able to get my application in before they closed down the whole system, but it was not processed. Just after SMP was completed my application was processed. At the beginning of October they asked for registration with VIT which took again 10 weeks or so and after that approval was there within 3 or 4 days.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply

Is being registered to teach a Victoria SS or everywhere requirement before getting approved?

The reason I am asking is because to register to teach in SA I am required to again get my qualifications assessed (by them) which I can do while still here and complete a one day course IN South Australia, so I cant completely register until I move out there. On the list of required documents it had IELTS test and Skills assessment but didn't mention anything about this

I'm now getting a little worried
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

I really don'T know, I also wondered when they told me that I need to get my skills assessed again by VIT. But I directely got full registration for 5 years, no extra course in Australia needed when I finally get there. Just need to teach a certain amount of days and do a certain amount of hours of courses. But that doesn't seem to be anything extra for migration, but necessary or all teachers there.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:17 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply

Is being registered to teach a Victoria SS or everywhere requirement before getting approved?

The reason I am asking is because to register to teach in SA I am required to again get my qualifications assessed (by them) which I can do while still here and complete a one day course IN South Australia, so I cant completely register until I move out there. On the list of required documents it had IELTS test and Skills assessment but didn't mention anything about this

I'm now getting a little worried
You have to have have completed a Mandatory Notification course in SA
http://www.trb.sa.edu.au/mnt.php

Hi,
There are different stages to the process and this gets reported to you. Your qualifications have to be verified (ie legit) and then they can decide if they are adequate. This means you can receive acknowledgment that you can teach subject to the course.

Once your here, you have to do a first aid course to teach, but you don't need this until you are registered.

Hope this helps,
Cooler
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

bubblegum_babe,

I'm getting things together for my skills assessment for teaching and just wondered if you got your documents certified by a special certifier or was it just any doctor, solicitor etc. Did you fill it out online and submit it, then also post the form with the documentation? I think they need a signed copy of the application form??

Are you also planning to go for the 176 visa?

Last edited by beachlady; Jan 20th 2011 at 6:42 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Beachlady

I got my documents certified by a solicitor. They done lots in bulk for £20. Some gave me quotes of £5 per document so you need to phone around a little.

I downloaded the form, filled it in, printed it, signed the last page and sent it with my documents. It cost me just over £9 to post it all.

It took me a while to get the last few pieces from my university. I got one letter stating how many hours I completed during my PGCE and another to say that I had completed the course in English in a UK university. These two letters were the evidence needed for two of the requirements.

In addition to the two letters I also sent my passport page, passport photograph, degree transcript and cert, PGCE transcript and cert, college transcript and cert. Certificate to say I passed my QTS and the other that said I passed my NQT year and could now teach. All of these were certified.

I am applying for the 176.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

beachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the roughbeachlady is a jewel in the rough

bubblegum_babe,

Thanks for that info, it's nice to know I'm on the right track.

I just have a couple more questions. Do the letters have to specifically say that the Uni and PGCE course was conducted in English. I didn't ask them to put that in the confirmation letters so I'm now a little worried. I assumed that with the letter coming from an English uni that that would be ok?? I think I remember reading that the guidelines said something like if you were educated in a non speaking English country, that one would have to state that the course was conducted in English, is that right?

Also I was wondering if the certificates, NQT letter and QTS letter that you sent off were copies, I don't fancy sending originals off.

The solicitor that you used, was it someone approved by immi or just any solicitor? I think it says doctors can be used as well.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Beachlady,

My letter says:

'Please accept this letter as confirmation that the above named attended and passed the PGCE secondary course from 2008/9. I can confirm she undertook the course here in Nottingham, England and that it was taught in English'

I think I just said in the email to them I needed proof I was taught in England and in the English language and this is what I was given. I also got one from my 3 year degree to say that was conducted in English but that isn't needed.

I sent ALL certified copies, nothing was original at all

It was just a solicitor that I phoned out of the Yellow Pages, who done them and would do it for the right price. About half of the solicitors I phoned didn't certify documents for some reason??
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlady
bubblegum_babe,

Thanks for that info, it's nice to know I'm on the right track.

I just have a couple more questions. Do the letters have to specifically say that the Uni and PGCE course was conducted in English. I didn't ask them to put that in the confirmation letters so I'm now a little worried. I assumed that with the letter coming from an English uni that that would be ok?? I think I remember reading that the guidelines said something like if you were educated in a non speaking English country, that one would have to state that the course was conducted in English, is that right?

Also I was wondering if the certificates, NQT letter and QTS letter that you sent off were copies, I don't fancy sending originals off.

The solicitor that you used, was it someone approved by immi or just any solicitor? I think it says doctors can be used as well.

Thanks!
No need to say it was conducted in English, mine certainly didn't say that! How much are this new lot charging for the skills assessment? It was $450 when Teaching Australia did it...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

It is still the same price $450

Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:21 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

It is still the same price $450

I sent mine off start of Dec and it arrived back start of Feb, I also did the IELTS exam as I was applying for a 175 at the time and needed the points, I take it ur not required to do it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.