International Experience Canada

Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough
Default International Experience Canada

Hey, sorry in advance if there is already a thread here about this...

Is anyone applying for their visa on January 18th instead of getting their work permit/visa through Bunac? I went with Bunac last year but don't feel the need to do it through them again (and fork out a load of money for not much in return!) I'm a bit worried about missing out on getting one though as there are only 5000 visas and it seems like it will be very popular this year. I'm also a bit worried about providing proof of funds for my first three months. I've read that some people's banks are refusing to stamp their forms before sending it to head office - which is going to delay their ability to send off their application on tuesday! I'll be going to my current canadian bank tomorrow and hope they will stamp my form there and then!

It would be good to hear from anyone applying through the Canadian government as the website doesn't provide any email address or phone number if you have any questions and there are some things that aren't very clear!!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Hi Sarah,
We are not applying through BUNAC. Currently have a PR app in process but are gambling and entering the race for the IEC out of circumstance really. Having gone through most of the PR process but are in the slow que for medicals, we feel there is no point giving BUNAC our money. We will just keep our fingers crossed instead.

Having the exact same problem with the banks! Having already submitted a mega long application for PR already we are not worried at all about the paperwork or application form- it should be relatively straightforward. However, having taken the sample form in to check with the bank- they did have a problem with signing it. They wanted to send it to head office first. We are waiting for our funds to clear, as we had to transfer them into our current account from savings. Once this is done, we are doing two things

1. going to the bank on the 18th and begging them to sign it/or a print-out of a bank statement, as the application guide says you can submit an alternative to the form as long as it provides the same info.

2. asking our bank to send us a letter testifying to our funds (which we can't order until our funds have been transferred)

Unfortunately it seems there is no quick or simple way round it. Its so annoying as its the only thing stopping us from getting everything sent off asap. You do know the sample form is VOID at the moment though? You will have to wait till the 18th for the real one.

I hope that helps! Let me know how you get on or if you have any luck!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:46 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah_m
Hey, sorry in advance if there is already a thread here about this...

Is anyone applying for their visa on January 18th instead of getting their work permit/visa through Bunac? I went with Bunac last year but don't feel the need to do it through them again (and fork out a load of money for not much in return!) I'm a bit worried about missing out on getting one though as there are only 5000 visas and it seems like it will be very popular this year. I'm also a bit worried about providing proof of funds for my first three months. I've read that some people's banks are refusing to stamp their forms before sending it to head office - which is going to delay their ability to send off their application on tuesday!
Sorry, can I just ask where you saw that?

When I spoke to one bank here on the phone they acted as though it was a fairly standard sort of thing.

It does say you can provide an alternate form and everyone in the UK is entitled to go into their bank and ask for a statement on letterheaded paper whenever they like but I'm not sure if that will suffice and the information on the CIC website doesn't go into a lot of detail on that subject. It's a rediculous measure to take anyway really and would only really serve to halt the odd timewaster here and there.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jan 13th 2011 at 9:49 pm. Reason: .
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

We have spoken to the co-op, we went into the bank and spoke to a manager. They were very unhelpful. Since then we have been onto customer services constantly but neither tactic has been useful. Our plan is just to drive around different branches with the form until someone signs it!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:50 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Hi Sarah,
We are not applying through BUNAC. Currently have a PR app in process but are gambling and entering the race for the IEC out of circumstance really. Having gone through most of the PR process but are in the slow que for medicals, we feel there is no point giving BUNAC our money. We will just keep our fingers crossed instead.

Having the exact same problem with the banks! Having already submitted a mega long application for PR already we are not worried at all about the paperwork or application form- it should be relatively straightforward. However, having taken the sample form in to check with the bank- they did have a problem with signing it. They wanted to send it to head office first. We are waiting for our funds to clear, as we had to transfer them into our current account from savings. Once this is done, we are doing two things

1. going to the bank on the 18th and begging them to sign it/or a print-out of a bank statement, as the application guide says you can submit an alternative to the form as long as it provides the same info.

2. asking our bank to send us a letter testifying to our funds (which we can't order until our funds have been transferred)

Unfortunately it seems there is no quick or simple way round it. Its so annoying as its the only thing stopping us from getting everything sent off asap. You do know the sample form is VOID at the moment though? You will have to wait till the 18th for the real one.

I hope that helps! Let me know how you get on or if you have any luck!
Which bank was that if you don't mind me asking and was that mainly because the funds weren't cleared in your account at that particular time?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, they didn't even check our balance. They just looked at the form and said they couldn't sign it without getting permission from head office, which would require posting it.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:52 pm
Sidecar Falcon

We have spoken to the co-op, we went into the bank and spoke to a manager. They were very unhelpful. Since then we have been onto customer services constantly but neither tactic has been useful. Our plan is just to drive around different branches with the form until someone signs it!
I think they presume that they are signing up for a lot more than they actually are.

As I said in the other thread, when I spoke to Natwest they said there wouldn't be a problem but admittedly that was over the phone and as you say the current available form is a void dummy so you can't really check for sure until the 18th anyway.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:54 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Nope, they didn't even check our balance. They just looked at the form and said they couldn't sign it without getting permission from head office, which would require posting it.
That has to be nonsense.

Saying that, I have dealt with the co-op before and whilst reliable enough as UK banks go and usually pretty friendly, they're a bit pre-historic in some ways when compared with the likes of Barclays and HSBC.

Do you have accounts with any other banks at the moment?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

exactly- they just don't understand what they are signing. Check the wording carefully on the draft application guidelines though. You can provide an alternative to the form- it doesn't state what it is, but my guess is that is is a letter or possibly a signed bank statement. It would take just as long to get a letter from a Uk bank in our opinion but we are attempting both paths, hoping that one will pay off!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

no, only savings in an account that has no branch so thats useless! Its total nonsense and to be honest having worked our way through a PR application, we were pretty surprised to find this to be the most complicated thing asked of us. Proof of funds for PR was waaaaay simpler!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:05 pm
Sidecar Falcon

exactly- they just don't understand what they are signing. Check the wording carefully on the draft application guidelines though. You can provide an alternative to the form- it doesn't state what it is, but my guess is that is is a letter or possibly a signed bank statement. It would take just as long to get a letter from a Uk bank in our opinion but we are attempting both paths, hoping that one will pay off!
Well if you think about it, if you land at the border with a letter of introduction then they will usually accept a normal bank statement as proof of funds so I don't really see any reason why this should be any different to be honest.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:08 pm
Sidecar Falcon

no, only savings in an account that has no branch so thats useless! Its total nonsense and to be honest having worked our way through a PR application, we were pretty surprised to find this to be the most complicated thing asked of us. Proof of funds for PR was waaaaay simpler!
I think this is made an even bigger pain by the fact that it is a complete waste of time. Just because your bank account happened to have 1800 quid in it at the time when you applied for the visa is not to say that the money will still be in your account when you arrive.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: International Experience Canada

Hey guys, new to the forum so hello!

Im looking to travel to Canada with the IEC programme, Ive bin reading all the instructions and have everything that is needed (police certificate, proof of funds (stamped by my friend who works at my bank) etc) but im just stuck now how to apply?!

Website is as follows:

"Register / download application

If you would like to participate in the IEC for 2011, you must follow the steps outlined below in order to receive your program application kit:

Provide and confirm your e-mail address;
Follow the link in the confirmation e-mail to personalize your application kit;
Download, when you choose, your personalized kit.
After following the steps above, you will have all of the information and documents necessary to complete your application, which can then be sent to the Embassy in France.

Registering online is the ONLY way to access an application kit for any of the 2011 International Experience Canada."

How do you register?? what am i missing?! there is no link or anything at all that i can find?! please help and thanks in advance!!

Last edited by mansfield250; Jan 14th 2011 at 8:25 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:29 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mansfield250
Hey guys, new to the forum so hello!

Im looking to travel to Canada with the IEC programme, Ive bin reading all the instructions and have everything that is needed (police certificate, proof of funds (stamped by my friend who works at my bank) etc) but im just stuck now how to apply?!

Website is as follows:

"Register / download application

If you would like to participate in the IEC for 2011, you must follow the steps outlined below in order to receive your program application kit:

Provide and confirm your e-mail address;
Follow the link in the confirmation e-mail to personalize your application kit;
Download, when you choose, your personalized kit.
After following the steps above, you will have all of the information and documents necessary to complete your application, which can then be sent to the Embassy in France.

Registering online is the ONLY way to access an application kit for any of the 2011 International Experience Canada."

How do you register?? what am i missing?! there is no link or anything at all that i can find?! please help and thanks in advance!!
Opens on the 18th last time I checked the website - don't think anyone will be able to apply early that way (I can imagine people posting on teh 16th to try and 'time' an arrival in Paris perfectly on the 18th!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Opens on the 18th last time I checked the website - don't think anyone will be able to apply early that way (I can imagine people posting on teh 16th to try and 'time' an arrival in Paris perfectly on the 18th!
I check the site daily and today it said it was open, and ive just checked again now and it says its going to open on 18th! im certain it said it was open even though i knew the date was meant to be the 18th! think im going insane, anyway thanks for your swift response!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.