Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

Economic Citizenship Your opinions please

Economic Citizenship Your opinions please

Old Dec 24th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

khan200us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Economic Citizenship Your opinions please

Is there a legit thing such as Economic citizenship or is it all scam and website bragging about Ecuador, Panama, Uruguay etc are just looters wanting you to part with your money.
How can we employee legal and regulated lawyers,attorneys or solicitors whatever they are?
I don't want to fall prey to "agents", pimps or touts and become a victim of a scam.
So far, I know of the following.
1.Paraguay $5000 in a Paraguayan bank account. Nationality after three years of continuous residence there. Is there a legal way or loophole to avoid residence requirement? No need to learn or pass Spanish test. Right?
2. Uruguay: $500 per month income proof per per person of your family to get PR.Don't know about Nationality requirements.
3.Ecuador: $25,000 in a bank account and you get PR. I am after Nationality. But HOW? Please does anyone knows.
4. Panama: Too expensive I guess. I cannot afford to invest more than $60,000.
5. St. Kitts, Dominican Republic, Grenada,Nagacura, Costa Rica, Colombia too expensive.
6. Chile and Peru: no such investment rules. Right?

Can you list any country in Europe(not necessarily the EU), Asia or Africa where I can get the PR or Passport by making an investment.

A Bundle of thanks.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

elhombresinnombre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Economic Citizenship Your opinions please

There is a lawyer in Buenos Aires who claims citizenship of Argentina can be obtained simply by living in the country for two years and going before a judge and claiming it. If you are really that interested then there are enough keywords in that first sentence for you to find him yourself but to be honest, I can't understand what could be behind someone searching for citizenship of anywhere rather than wanting to belong somewhere. I should get out more, I suppose
Old Dec 28th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khan200us
Is there a legit thing such as Economic citizenship or is it all scam and website bragging about Ecuador, Panama, Uruguay etc are just looters wanting you to part with your money.
How can we employee legal and regulated lawyers,attorneys or solicitors whatever they are?
I don't want to fall prey to "agents", pimps or touts and become a victim of a scam.
1.Paraguay $5000 in a Paraguayan bank account. Nationality after three years of continuous residence there. Is there a legal way or loophole to avoid residence requirement? No need to learn or pass Spanish test. Right?
2. Uruguay: $500 per month income proof per per person of your family to get PR.Don't know about Nationality requirements.
3.Ecuador: $25,000 in a bank account and you get PR. I am after Nationality. But HOW? Please does anyone knows.
5. St. Kitts, Dominican Republic, Grenada,Nagacura, Costa Rica, Colombia too expensive.

Can you list any country in Europe(not necessarily the EU), Asia or Africa where I can get the PR or Passport by making an investment.

A Bundle of thanks.
Sounds to me like you are a man on the run, but with little cash, who is trying to create a false identity?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you can buy a Sealand passport:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dfjordan
Sounds to me like you are a man on the run, but with little cash, who is trying to create a false identity?

You do not tell us what nationality or passport you currently hold. People from certain countries like Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Pakistan, Somalia will get extra attention. Come to think of it, 60K is not much of investment monies.

You have not told us why you are casting such a wide net given you do not have language skills for some of those countries ?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

khan200us is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me like you are a man on the run, but with little cash, who is trying to create a false identity?[/QUOTE]

You have misjudged me my friend. I come from Pakistan, graduated from England but looking for a peaceful place to live in as both places are living hell.

I know some people will disagree with me. Living on a temporary visa in the UK is worse than living without one. You always worry about extensions and the rules change and you were qualified one day and not anymore on the very next day.

I am looking for a PR status so that this worry is finished for good.

Speaking of languages in South America, I know none of them.

Sealand is interesting, but are they offering citizenship or legal residency by the lawful means. I am not the person who will buy their passport from some Spanish company.

Regards
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

khan200US, sorry, I didn´t mean to offend you but you gave such little info before, it was only to be expected that people would read you as a man on the run. Knowing now that you have Pakistani citizenship, I´d say your chances of getting another nationality or PR in an easy way are close to zero. It´s difficult enough if you have an " acceptable" nationality but these days, as you obviously know, countries are extremely cautious about handing out even residency to people from countries such as yours even though you may be totally innocent. I can say that in Chile, you have no chance if you only have less than US$ 60000 to invest. If it were US$600000 you could maybe get residence but as with most countries, you start with a temporary residence then after 2 years you can apply for PR then 5 years later you can apply for citizenship. When I lived in the US, it was basically the same system.
From what you say, Uruguay sounds your best bet, if you have a guaranteed source of income, but you´d have a touigh tiem trying to live on US$500 a month
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Sunny_RC is an unknown quantity at this point

A Bundle of thanks.
The only Economic Citizenship programmes that still exist are Dominica and St. Kitts. Austria is also a costly alternative but not guaranteed and also a lengthy process. If you need a solution in a comparatively short amount of time then these are your ONLY 2 options. Of course, if time is not the essence then that broadens your options..