Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Central, South America & Mexico
Reload this Page >

Fast track to residency or citizenship?

Fast track to residency or citizenship?

Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

TallisFantasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fast track to residency or citizenship?

Please share positively known facts and personal experiences on the above subject. The ideal would be proof from the countries' own websites. I'm 100% legal and above board -- just would like to have option of dumping all ties to increasingly scary and brutal USA as soon as reasonably possible. Have spent over 20 years working full time to redeem America and am about ready to give up.

It seems well established that only Dominica and Nevis/St. Kitts offer actual economic citizenship, but at least Panama also has different modes to obtain Visa faster (or with less bureaucratic rigmarole) by investment or keeping money in banks. Have seen several pages listing these Panama options, but they all say something slightly different. One of them says there are eleven modes of such visas but it only describes the (?) main 6 or 7 -- rentista, inversionista, pensionado, forestry etc. Age of info is obviously a critical factor here and offshore asset protection a related subject.

Apparently you can still get Uruguay residency pretty fast via normal channels, but citizenship is still 5 years there. I seem to remember finding a page stating that investing $70,000 in UY agriculture brings you perks, but if I made a note of it it's lost.

Other webpages claim that Dominican Republic, Paraguay and other countries have great fast track options not requiring huge "donation" -- whole process in 4 years or less. Whom to believe? Apparently there are many shysters among expat/offshore advisers, law firrns etc. No need to get into who the good and bad ones are here -- there's ample discussion on them elsewhere. One is located in Guatemala and claims that that country offers super privacy protection (as does that firm's attorney-client privilege) -- sounds exciting but it doesn't seem to be backed up by any other site.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:27 am
Banned

victor-consultancy.co.cc is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Fast track to residency or citizenship?

I'm a consultant dealing primarily in Residency programs in South America, so at the outset I just want to say that in most of these countries you need to forget the rules laid out in stone or in any website. There are often several ways to get things done in Latin America & I know this for a fact as I have contacts over there. Currently the only possibility for a passport within a month or so would be in Ecuador. And no, they don't have any govt. program but rather willing officials eager to process things faster. The process of obtaining an Ecuadorian citizenship is either through jus matrimonii or Jus sanguinis / jus soli. We can take whatever legal route to obtain a second citizenship Second Passport from Ecuador as we only exploit certain legal loopholes which means that the document you get is 100% legal for travel, business & banking purposes. Now this might sound a little odd but trust me I have done this for clients across the world & several times they need not come, though the pricing varies. Even Argentina fast-track PR (fully legal) leading to an accelerated citizenship is possible without breaking any rules etc. Without sounding like a chap pushing my products, I can only say if you do contact me, I can get doors open.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Fast track to residency or citizenship?

That sounds great and for all one knows you're perfectly legit, but unfortunately there's no way to verify it. Thus my interest in what's actually stated in law codes, or something close to it.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:04 am
Banned

victor-consultancy.co.cc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TallisFantasia
That sounds great and for all one knows you're perfectly legit, but unfortunately there's no way to verify it. Thus my interest in what's actually stated in law codes, or something close to it.
Though I don't deal in it, you could try the EU country of Montenegro which offers citizenship for anyone who invests 500 grand in their country. I even Believe that Andorra have a similar scheme, but only PR is granted.

The problem with the citizenship for sale issue is a catch 22 one. If it is too well known & advertised then their travel documents are called into question, if it is not publicized then nobody knows about it & they don't get the numbers. Or something like that.

If you are interested in South America residency permits, then perhaps Argentina TRP would be a better choice. It is for 1 year, but you can go there on the TRP rather than going on a visit & then converting it over in Buenos Aires. But of course you'll need to show income proof & other documentation. Dominican Republic & Paraguay indeed have PR options that are actually govt. approved. For DR there is no investment afaik & it takes just 5K deposit in a Paraguay bank until u get ur PR, which is truly for life. After 3 years in Paraguay you get citizenship (after going through some hoops) but these residency permits are genuine. Like I said earlier in my posts sometimes it is hard to find the info on their sites but hey, internet is'nt the final world.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:12 am
Just Joined

$500G -- wouldn't it be nice.

I've been wondering about this site's credibility....

http://www.panamalaw.org/reforestation_visa.html

but it just took a big jump forward with the above frank talk about the present subject plus the Panama reforestation option. Meanwhile, your posts are intriguing. TRP is temporary residence permit, a working deal only -- right?

http://argentina.rica24.com/en/argen...ency-visa.html

Now you're talking official policy re DR too. I finally thought to find the DR government via Wikipedia

http://www.presidencia.gob.do/app/pr...ituciones.aspx

and emailed them for the right URL.

I can read this Paraguay page

http://www.migraciones.gov.py/

but don't see anything about a timetable or citizenship per se, and it seems to say you have to be planning to contribute something specific to the development of the country -- worthwhile, but more than I'm looking to get into as of this moment.

I found the source of the $70,000 Uruguay "investor program": had read it in Langer's The Tax Exile Report (Third Edition, revised for 1994). Sure, that's ancient history, but if anybody has any recollection of the program's existence I'd be curious to hear about it whether here or by PM. Can find absolutely no evidence online of its having existed.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

derweise is an unknown quantity at this point

How about Guyana? Can anybody comment please?
According to the following website it would cost you only USD 25'000 plus admin. costs:
http://www.gosacp.com/contact.html
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derweise
How about Guyana? Can anybody comment please?
According to the following website it would cost you only USD 25'000 plus admin. costs:
http://www.gosacp.com/contact.html
Where does it say that?

The crime there is horrendous and this page says you have to live there to qualify.

I am not interested in any program involving a donation of money. An investment or bank account, maybe -- but not a donation.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

derweise is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen this?
http://www.henleyglobal.com/citizens...by-investment/
It seems St.Kitts & Nevis is the most (only?) interesting place but you'd still need more than 500 grand.

I also read many countries have already terminated their economic citizenship programms like Belize and Grenada.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derweise
Have you seen this?
http://www.henleyglobal.com/citizens...by-investment/
It seems St.Kitts & Nevis is the most (only?) interesting place but you'd still need more than 500 grand.

I also read many countries have already terminated their economic citizenship programms like Belize and Grenada.
I had seen that page, but thanks.