Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice
Default WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

We have received an email this morning stating that our WA sponsorship has been granted and that we now need to get a TRN Number. Slightly confused as we put in our original application 175 GSM 18 months ago and i put the TRN number on the Sponsorship application.
Now i have the grant letter (which i need to sign and send back by the looks of it) What do i need to do now to get our visa trasnferred from 175 to 176 ????????
As much help need as possible as we are NOT using an agent, we have done this by ourselves !!
Old Jul 14th 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Domqs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

Originally Posted by babysinead
We have received an email this morning stating that our WA sponsorship has been granted and that we now need to get a TRN Number. Slightly confused as we put in our original application 175 GSM 18 months ago and i put the TRN number on the Sponsorship application.
Now i have the grant letter (which i need to sign and send back by the looks of it) What do i need to do now to get our visa trasnferred from 175 to 176 ????????
As much help need as possible as we are NOT using an agent, we have done this by ourselves !!
Congratulations, well done. Can i ask when you sent in your application to WA and ask what your trade / profession is??
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Hi there

You dont need to do anything other thn complete the 1100 acceptance form, scan it and email it back. They inform DIAC of the update to 176. They ususally get confirmation back from DIAC in a couple of weeks, but your online app rarely changes from 175. I called WA Gov and, emailed DIAC to confirm all had been received and accepted to put my mind at ease about a month after sending the docs back
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

What a good idea. Many thanks for the info sue. Have read alot about this new SMP, what is basic terms does this mean for anybody?
And when is the new list out. Sue corrct me if i am wrong but we were under the impression that the list is only looked at at the time of applyig, not applications already in the sytem.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

No the SMP will include any incomplete state sponsored apps no matter what stage of processing. I had this confirmed by an email from DIAC, which I posted a copy of on the thread WA State Sponsorship/State Migration Plan" yesterday or day before
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

P.S. Basically if you are a 176 on SMP list you will get priority 2 processing!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

so we might aswell going ahead straight away to convert from 175 to 176?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

My personal opinion is that you have nothing to lose! The only difference is that you will need to settle in that state for 2 years. If you're cool with that then cant see any down side
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

many thanks for all the info sue
Do you know when the SMP list is out then
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

They said within the next couple of weeks But wouldn't hold you breath
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:12 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Arrow Re: WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

please read the first reply carefully, DIAC automatically changes your 175 to 176, you just have to accept your SS via the 1100 form and email the scanned original to DIAC, and to be on the safe side closed copy/ convey your acceptance to WA as well by signing the acceptance letter, scanning ...and sending via e-mail

you may have no other option than to accept your sponsorship...it awards 10 extra points plus priority processing to your 175 application; also, now with the CSL/ MODL points withdrawn you need as many bonus points as possible to meet the 100 pass mark for 176 ...

i think sue also said to go ahead and apply w/o waiting for the new SMP, cos DIAC is honoring your WA SS letter...
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: WA Sponsorship granted....What do i do now?

can you let me know the link where i will need to check to see if the list has been released
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi Chapkenv, sorry, but you have got it wrong. There is no point sending your completed 1100 from to DIAC as WA Gov have to sign their part of it first. All Babysinead needs to do is sign it, scan and email back to WA Gov and they inform DIAC You can then leave it at least 2 weeks, email an enquiry to DIAC and also call WA Gov if you like to check it has been received and approved
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

It will more than likely be shown here http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/?page=skilled-migration , alternatively, George Lombard is kindly updating them at the top of BE Forum in the "Read me" docs
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:52 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default okay..good sequence...

Soapsuedue, thx for the clarification as to the order in which the papers are forwarde..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.