Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Saveloy and Chips

Saveloy and Chips

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:17 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of
Default Saveloy and Chips

Does anyone know of an equivalent available in the US to a British Saveloy sausage? or even better, any way to buy a real saveloy in the US? Scotch eggs are difficult enough to come by but saveloys may be impossible! I am in Orlando and if anyone knows where you can get either it would be much appreciated - thanks!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all
Default Re: Saveloy and Chips

You know, I read this yeasterday and just had to grab a saveloy for dinner. Since I'm still in the UK.

This may be interesting reading for you (or not)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saveloy
http://www.sausagesource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

scotch eggs are pretty easy to make yourself if you can be bothered with the hassle....no idea on the sausages though.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:07 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megalaser
Does anyone know of an equivalent available in the US to a British Saveloy sausage? or even better, any way to buy a real saveloy in the US? Scotch eggs are difficult enough to come by but saveloys may be impossible! I am in Orlando and if anyone knows where you can get either it would be much appreciated - thanks!
Kielbasa is the closest I've seen to a saveloy. Usually not deep fried, though.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:52 pm
Left the homeland Nov '04

pootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nicepootle_monster is just really nice

We get our meat from UK goods.com http://www.ukgoods.com/magento/engli...-products.html but they don't deliver over the summer as it's just too hot! Look for the Picadilly products in your local safeway/vons (if you have them in FL...I'm actually not too sure sorry!!) but the sausages are damn close to a proper chip shop one, if you want authentic you have to batter and deep fry it yourself!

Good luck, ohh i'm hankering after a chicken pukka pie with mushy peas now!!!