Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Yes I quite agree.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot get English Tasting Sausages in Oz?

SnagMatt
Possibly for the same reason you don't get Australian tasting sausages in the UK.

I said you were on thin ice earlier Matt, now your sounding like an Englishman abroad.

Are you doing cold turkey? Mmmmmm M£$%^&e.

I think the Oz sauages taste different because they don't put pork in them, they seem to be mostly paste, fat and filler. Cheap ...........

Maybe you could get pork mince and make your own sausage shape burger, at least you would know what's in them.

I'll try and make some when you have a BBQ next year.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to all those who have good news about houses and that all important VISA!!!!

A small piece of 'official' information for anyone who may be interested - in response to my email query about the time lines for upgrade from 173 to 143
" When the applicant is the holder of temporary visa subclass 173, the completion of the visa processing for subclass 143 takes around 4 to 6 months from the date of lodgement". As my application was registered on 23 April this is an issue close to my heart! I am hopeful.........!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Possibly for the same reason you don't get Australian tasting sausages in the UK.

I said you were on thin ice earlier Matt, now your sounding like an Englishman abroad.

I think the Oz sauages taste different because they don't put pork in them, they seem to be mostly paste, fat and filler. Cheap ...........

Maybe you could get pork mince and make your own sausage shape burger, at least you would know what's in them.

Come to Willunga, South Australia - yummy sausages, great local produce and all available in local shops and farmers markets.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Congratulations to all those who have good news about houses and that all important VISA!!!!

A small piece of 'official' information for anyone who may be interested - in response to my email query about the time lines for upgrade from 173 to 143
" When the applicant is the holder of temporary visa subclass 173, the completion of the visa processing for subclass 143 takes around 4 to 6 months from the date of lodgement". As my application was registered on 23 April this is an issue close to my heart! I am hopeful.........!
Thanks jmm100uk

We have also applied initially for the 173 and as soon as the house is sold will apply for the 143 so it's good to have an idea of timelines. By the way could you please clarify: When you applied for the 143, did you pay the second visa application charge which was applicable for last year, or did you pay what was applicable when you first applied for the 173?

I know Booklet 3 says you pay the visa charge which is in operation at the time of the application but I have had different information from the PVC and in spite of emailing them three times have been given even more confusing replies.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:17 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook

Actually I was doing a spot of fishing! Seems like I caught quite a few.

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:21 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk

Exactly my sentiments. This forum is about visas, not sausages, don't know where all this other rubbish has come from!

Matt
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

paul clewley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I hope you do not mind me coming on to your site.I have been looking at this site for 2 years or more since our son a family 1st started their visa applications .they are now in oz ,been there some 3 months now.we intend to retire out there as soon as we can. we will be going on a cpvisa.We have so many questions we want aswers to. I was lying in bed this morning and I thought I know who I`ll ask ,you guys1. is there any time difference between going with a cpv 173 then changing to a cpv143 or going with the 143 right away. 2. can we do it all by ouselves or do we need an agent? 3. do we have to wait a full 2 years for the kids to be deemed settled before we can apply? sorry to have rambled onlook forward to your replys. Jenny and hubby.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul clewley
Hi all I hope you do not mind me coming on to your site.I have been looking at this site for 2 years or more since our son a family 1st started their visa applications .they are now in oz ,been there some 3 months now.we intend to retire out there as soon as we can. we will be going on a cpvisa.We have so many questions we want aswers to. I was lying in bed this morning and I thought I know who I`ll ask ,you guys1. is there any time difference between going with a cpv 173 then changing to a cpv143 or going with the 143 right away. 2. can we do it all by ouselves or do we need an agent? 3. do we have to wait a full 2 years for the kids to be deemed settled before we can apply? sorry to have rambled onlook forward to your replys. Jenny and hubby.
Hi

Welcome!

Not quite the done thing to refer you to another discussion forum, but if you look at recent posts by Gollywobbler (Gill) on http://www.*************/forum/migrat...-new-post.html, I think you'll find the answers to the above questions (and more) – scan the last half-dozen pages of the thread.

Gill is an absolute mine of information; I frankly don't know how she finds time to write the long and detailed answers she does. At least by looking at her posts you'll save her writing even more! (Hope you don't mind the suggestion.)

We too found these forums (fora?) – and Gill's posts in particular – extremely useful in preparing our 173 applications.

Good luck, Mike
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Exactly my sentiments. This forum is about visas, not sausages, don't know where all this other rubbish has come from!

Matt
Hi Matt, here's a nice sausage recipe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ox...ebreakfa_91977

P.S. what visas?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum. First of all, I don't think that it is any quicker to be granted the temporary visa 173 than the permanent 143. The only advantage is that you don't have to pay all the money upfront. You would then have to wait about 4-6 months for the conversion from the 173 to the 143.

With regard to waiting 2 years - the requirement is for the sponsor to be 'settled'. This is not just a matter of waiting 2 years, but the sponsor can prove they are settled sooner - for example if they have a job, car, house, children in schools etc. There is a link to an interesting article about this on the Go Matilda website. I can't just find the link at the moment, but if you go on PomsinOz and do a search I am sure you will find it. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, and forgot to say, most people do the application themselves. The forms are fairly straightforward and it's just gathering the supporting documents which can take a bit of time. Have a look at Booklet 3, Parent Migration on the DIAC website
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Tracy Loveridge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I am currently living on the Gold Coast & have just gained our permanent residency after being on a two year 457 sponsor visa.

My In-laws who are in the UK are just starting the process of this parent visa & have appointed a company in Perth to to deal with there visa app.

How long is this currently taken at the moment & does anyone have any other advice i can give them??

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Thanks jmm100uk

We have also applied initially for the 173 and as soon as the house is sold will apply for the 143 so it's good to have an idea of timelines. By the way could you please clarify: When you applied for the 143, did you pay the second visa application charge which was applicable for last year, or did you pay what was applicable when you first applied for the 173?

I know Booklet 3 says you pay the visa charge which is in operation at the time of the application but I have had different information from the PVC and in spite of emailing them three times have been given even more confusing replies.
Good news! I paid $230AUD - the upgrade fee amount that was in force at the time that I applied for the 173 visa in April 2008. I validated my visa in October 2009 and applied for the upgrade earlier this year. I am also reliably informed that the second VAC and AOS charges remain as at the 1st April 2008 . All the best for your house sale and upgrade processes too.

Jean
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum. First of all, I don't think that it is any quicker to be granted the temporary visa 173 than the permanent 143. The only advantage is that you don't have to pay all the money upfront. You would then have to wait about 4-6 months for the conversion from the 173 to the 143.

With regard to waiting 2 years - the requirement is for the sponsor to be 'settled'. This is not just a matter of waiting 2 years, but the sponsor can prove they are settled sooner - for example if they have a job, car, house, children in schools etc. There is a link to an interesting article about this on the Go Matilda website. I can't just find the link at the moment, but if you go on PomsinOz and do a search I am sure you will find it. Hope this helps.
Two further points - 173 visa applications do not require the AOS procedures & the associated $10,000 bond, and when you apply for the 143 upgrade your sponsor has to go submit another sponsorship form/declaration.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:26 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to The CP Visa Thread, please try to ignore all references to sausages.

My learned colleagues have added some useful information and here are my observations.

1. There will be no difference between the visas in the wait for a CO. There is a lower initial outlay for the 173 (inc the bond), and it gives you a chance to try out living there - if it doesn't work out you've lost less money.

2. If your circumstances are straightforward and don't mind the admin don't bother with an agent.

3. Your sponsor needs to be settled. Millions of words have been written about this; check out this article. The 2 years is a guide, but proof of being settled takes many other guises.

Good luck with the information gathering.

Cheers

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.