Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

I haven't posted for ages but have been lurking around to see what others are up to. It's good to see lots of new folks starting out and equally good to see so many of the older hands getting their red stars. Our house finally went on the market 2 weeks ago and we accepted an offer yesterday. Our buyers have a house to sell but, and we can only take their word on this, houses in their street sell quickly. I have to say that first time buyers places do round here too so I'm hopeful.

I've been reading the pensions stuff and wonder whether anyone is a similar position to me. I have a small private pension pot from a job I did that only lasted 18 months. Rather stupidly I didn't attempt to transfer it into my current pension pot so I am stuck with £6,000. I'm sure that I read somewhere that if I transfer it to Oz and leave it for 5 years I can then draw the cash sum. Does anyone know if this is correct? If I try to buy an annuity I will get peanuts.

Cathy
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
As of 3.04pm (local Perth time) on 21 June, we semi-officially joined the queue – our 47PA etc delivered (by FedEx – yes, I know what others have said...) to the PVC in Perth. No, of course it's not officially official until we get our acknowledgement, but you have to start somewhere...

Incidentally, we are initially applying for a 173; does anyone know if it's easy to switch to a 143 before grant and paying 2nd VAC (and without sacrificing a place in the queue) if financial circumstances ease unexpectedly?

Apart from all our (small) immediate family – only daughter, son-in-law and two g'children – being happily settled in Sydney, we can honestly say that we have more good friends there than in London, having spent three or four months there every southern summer for the last six years. To say nothing of more extended work placements spread over 45 years, unfortunately never long enough to get permanent residency! (No offence meant to London friends!)

So, as bones age and the inclination to fly 12,000 miles and back every year wanes, we're looking forward to making Oz our permanent home.

Mike 'n' Sue
Hi Mike 'n' Sue, Well done for making that first step you have lots of experience of Oz so so much to look forward to.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sandch
Of course. It's a free public forum, no financial consideration is involved, so users / readers must always be aware we're here to share opinions and experiences. The expression "I'm no expert" - which gets 8.5m hits on Google incidentally - is a given!
Thanks Steve
and glad to hear all is well
pete
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
As of 3.04pm (local Perth time) on 21 June, we semi-officially joined the queue – our 47PA etc delivered (by FedEx – yes, I know what others have said...) to the PVC in Perth. No, of course it's not officially official until we get our acknowledgement, but you have to start somewhere...

Incidentally, we are initially applying for a 173; does anyone know if it's easy to switch to a 143 before grant and paying 2nd VAC (and without sacrificing a place in the queue) if financial circumstances ease unexpectedly?

Apart from all our (small) immediate family – only daughter, son-in-law and two g'children – being happily settled in Sydney, we can honestly say that we have more good friends there than in London, having spent three or four months there every southern summer for the last six years. To say nothing of more extended work placements spread over 45 years, unfortunately never long enough to get permanent residency! (No offence meant to London friends!)

So, as bones age and the inclination to fly 12,000 miles and back every year wanes, we're looking forward to making Oz our permanent home.

Mike 'n' Sue
Hi Mike 'n' Sue
You should not loose your place in the queue if you change from 173 to 143 but you will probably have to pay 1st vac again. Since first vac for 173 to 143 is 250Aus$ ??? is it worth changing.
I am in same situation and doing it this way to give economies time to recover to move money to Aus then pay any 2nd vacs from there.
Only question is when you apply for 173 to 143 do you pay the 2nd vac at the rate it was when you applied for the 173 or at the time you applied for the upgrade to a 143? Someone, I think, posted that you would pay at the rates in force when you applied for the 173.
Anybody have any ideas, I am hoping the post is correct but I am not counting on it.
pete
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

ps welcome mike and sue
pete
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:09 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pemajoka
Hi Mike 'n' Sue
You should not loose your place in the queue if you change from 173 to 143 but you will probably have to pay 1st vac again. Since first vac for 173 to 143 is 250Aus$ ??? is it worth changing.
I am in same situation and doing it this way to give economies time to recover to move money to Aus then pay any 2nd vacs from there.
Only question is when you apply for 173 to 143 do you pay the 2nd vac at the rate it was when you applied for the 173 or at the time you applied for the upgrade to a 143? Someone, I think, posted that you would pay at the rates in force when you applied for the 173.
Anybody have any ideas, I am hoping the post is correct but I am not counting on it.
pete
Hi Pete

Regarding the fee for the 143 when going from the 173. The 173 information seems to suggest otherwise. See this.

The wording is:
The second visa application charge that you will pay is based on the date that you lodge your Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143) application

Which seems reasonably clear, but will be disappointing if true. DaveandLinda got different information, so it's probably worth a phone call to the Parents Centre to clarify.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi

Yes -this is one of the questions I emailed to the Parents visa centre about three weeks ago:

Could you please confirm, whether, when we later apply for the Contributory Parent visa 143, the second visa payment remains at the same level it was at the time of application for the Temporary visa 173.

and the reply:

The amount of money to be paid for the second visa application charge will be the fee in force at the time of submitting the visa application for subclass 173.

Hopefully this helps
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Today have had an offer on our house and we have accepted, the buyers are not in a chain have sold there house and they need to move in 8 weeks.
So we could be on our way in no time, so we will be back in the panic mode trying to arrange everything ready to go.
Cant belive that after over 2 years we are almost there, yipeeeee.

Good luck to all that are just starting and those that are nearly there.

Les & babs
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:24 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vindy
Hi all,
Today have had an offer on our house and we have accepted, the buyers are not in a chain have sold there house and they need to move in 8 weeks.
So we could be on our way in no time, so we will be back in the panic mode trying to arrange everything ready to go.

Les & babs
Great news Les and Babs, especially in this market. Hope it all goes through OK.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Les & babs
Great news - won't be long before you are enjoying the Aussie Springtime and the panic mode will all be behind you. CONGRATULATIONS

Last edited by jtct; Jun 22nd 2010 at 5:06 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Les & babs
Hi
well done and I am very envious. Just think you will soon be there enjoying the good life
pete
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sandch
Hi Pete

Regarding the fee for the 143 when going from the 173. The 173 information seems to suggest otherwise. See this.

The wording is:
The second visa application charge that you will pay is based on the date that you lodge your Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143) application

Which seems reasonably clear, but will be disappointing if true. DaveandLinda got different information, so it's probably worth a phone call to the Parents Centre to clarify.

Cheers

Steve
Hi steve
thanks for that, Wasn't sure so was not holding breath but will have the definitive answer in about 3 years. wonder what val-phil and jmm100uk have been told?
pete
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Les & babs
well done Les & Babs ,we too are envious ,the next few weeks will fly by for you,and then a new life awaits ,we wish you all the best .

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:59 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Les & babs
Congratulations

Matt
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Les & babs
Congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.