Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

OSN - The Premier League

OSN - The Premier League

Old May 8th 2010, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default OSN - The Premier League

I heard that OSN could not come to an agreement with AD over viewing rights ! Oh dear... OSN are going to lose clients, any idea who will be showing the premier league next season & on what platform ?
Old May 8th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OSN - The Premier League

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I heard that OSN could not come to an agreement with AD over viewing rights ! Oh dear... OSN are going to lose clients, any idea who will be showing the premier league next season & on what platform ?
The format is going to be released in about a months time , that's what the A.D website says.

Whatever it is your sure to get thumped for another subscription that's for certain.
I'm surprised that they can't come to an agreement as OSN is a fairly decent show for the football and you're right they will loose a lot of subscriptions.

I've just bought an over the counter Al Jazzera card for the world cup 500 riyals , slot in the box and away you go , fairly decent value for a months non-stop football.
Old May 8th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Whats 500 riyals in AED ? Do you know if you can buy that card in Dubai ?
Old May 8th 2010, 3:01 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I called Du up to activate Al Jazeera Sports. 25dh a month. The rugby coverage is fat better than Showtime.
Old May 8th 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

ADM are the official dealers in the UAE for Al Jazeera Sports cards.

http://www.adm.ae/

02 643 3033

Website looks a bit crap but call them and they should be able to sort you out.

As to who will be showing the EPL next season, ADMC have signed a deal with DU apparently to distribute it via IPTV

http://www.admedia.ae/en/currentnewsdetails.php?id=137
Old May 8th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

my internet is with Etisalat not Du ?! Can OSN activate Al Jazeera sports ?
Old May 8th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

my internet is with Etisalat not Du ?! Can OSN activate Al Jazeera sports ?
I'm with Etishite aswell, when it was installed, the "technician" told me that I couldn't get AJ sports from them or OSN direct, and instead I would need to get a "CAM" and put a new card in the slot. if anyone knows what that means, please elaborate....

slightly related note, can you get a sat receiver from/through OSN/Etisalat that is like the Sky+ boxes back home? I really ****ing miss scheduling TV for evenings and the weekend...
Old May 9th 2010, 3:51 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I called Du up to activate Al Jazeera Sports. 25dh a month. The rugby coverage is fat better than Showtime.
Is commentary in English as I believe its Al Jazeera the world cup is to be shown on?
Old May 9th 2010, 4:39 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Is commentary in English as I believe its Al Jazeera the world cup is to be shown on?
For the Six Nations it was English, half time had Richard Hill in the studio (as opposed to Showtime have nowt).
Old May 9th 2010, 4:49 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I'm with Etishite aswell, when it was installed, the "technician" told me that I couldn't get AJ sports from them or OSN direct, and instead I would need to get a "CAM" and put a new card in the slot. if anyone knows what that means, please elaborate....

slightly related note, can you get a sat receiver from/through OSN/Etisalat that is like the Sky+ boxes back home? I really ****ing miss scheduling TV for evenings and the weekend...

I have an eVision HD box which gives me access to all of OSN andAl Jazeera Sports (10+ channels last time I looked). The box also allows recording and rewind of live TV etc. Its not cheap but if you like HD footie its worth the money.

Visit an Etisalat office as they all seem to have an eVision stand there.

Hope it helps.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
I have the AJ+ channels and they are brilliant, 10 channels and about 8 are usually showing english commentary of champs league, FA cup, Serie A, La Liga etc.

In fact Lineker hosts the CL sometimes with Shearer, Sounness, Gullit, Francis etc etc
Old May 9th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The Riyal is the same as AED , you buy the card in Qatar and if you get a Humax receiver box it has 2 card slots so you can slap them both in and alternate between the 2.
don't think it can be done with the new OSN cards now i think they changed them to fit only they're own boxes.

I'm sure you can get it all through E-vision in Dubai through Etisalat as one of the posters said the Al jazzeera football coverage is excellent.
Old May 9th 2010, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Bully Wee Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an e-vision set-up and get all of the OSN Sports Channels. Upgraded to all of the Al J Sports Channels as well recently (12 of them). Took one phone call and an extra 25AED on my monthly bill. Was all done automatically and sorted by the time I got home from work. Al J shows European Champions League, Europa League, SPL, English Championship (watched the first leg of the play-off yesterday followed by the Leeds game), Scottish Cup and World Cup. All with English commentary on +3 which is their dedicated English language sports channel. I have also heard (can't remember where though) that the EPL will be on Al J next season.
Old May 9th 2010, 11:42 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I have the AJ+ channels and they are brilliant, 10 channels and about 8 are usually showing english commentary of champs league, FA cup, Serie A, La Liga etc.

In fact Lineker hosts the CL sometimes with Shearer, Sounness, Gullit, Francis etc etc
You just sold me it Spugsy
Old May 9th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy

You wont get the premier league tho will you ? and your in it next year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.