Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

IMPORTANT NEWS: Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English lang ability

IMPORTANT NEWS: Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English lang ability

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice
Default IMPORTANT NEWS: Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English lang ability

There are new arrangements for the provision of evidence for English language ability. Applicants for the following GSM subclasses have until the time of decision to provide evidence of their English language ability.

* Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)
* Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) visa (subclass 886)
* Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)
* Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)
* Skilled – Provisional (Regional Sponsored) visa (subclass 475)
* Skilled – Provisional (Recognised Graduate) visa (subclass 476)
* Skilled – Provisional (Graduate) visa (subclass 485) (where the application was made on or after 27 October 2008).

Applicants should not delay in providing their evidence of English language ability. The department will not delay finalising applications where English language test results have not been provided at time of application. Applicants will have 28 days from the date of application to provide their English language results if they did not provide them at time of application. At this point in time, if evidence has not been provided the application will be refused.

There is no change in the requirements for Skilled – Provisional (Graduate) visa (subclass 485) where the application was made before 27 October 2008 or the Skilled Provisional (Regional Sponsored) visa (subclass 487). The applicant must either provide evidence of English language ability at time of application or provide evidence that they have made a booking to undertake an English language test.

Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#r
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IMPORTANT NEWS: Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English lang abil

Does this change also apply for secondary applicant i.e. Spouse?bcoz i applied on feb 07 2010 and i didnt provide the IELTS of my wife and provide it later ...Will it affect my application? i am category 5 applicant
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice
Default Re: IMPORTANT NEWS: Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English lang abil

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
Does this change also apply for secondary applicant i.e. Spouse?bcoz i applied on feb 07 2010 and i didnt provide the IELTS of my wife and provide it later ...Will it affect my application? i am category 5 applicant
Hi Fahad,

It applies to main applicant basically. Secondary applicants can sit for IELTS later. It does not affect your application.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

Thanx
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
Thanx
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 3:08 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jagkhairra
Hi Fahad,

It applies to main applicant basically. Secondary applicants can sit for IELTS later. It does not affect your application.
Is it mentioned any where that this change/requirement is for main applicant only.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:53 pm
KAR
Forum Regular

KAR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jagkhairra
There are new arrangements for the provision of evidence for English language ability. Applicants for the following GSM subclasses have until the time of decision to provide evidence of their English language ability.

* Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)
* Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) visa (subclass 886)
* Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)
* Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)
* Skilled – Provisional (Regional Sponsored) visa (subclass 475)
* Skilled – Provisional (Recognised Graduate) visa (subclass 476)
* Skilled – Provisional (Graduate) visa (subclass 485) (where the application was made on or after 27 October 2008).

Applicants should not delay in providing their evidence of English language ability. The department will not delay finalising applications where English language test results have not been provided at time of application. Applicants will have 28 days from the date of application to provide their English language results if they did not provide them at time of application. At this point in time, if evidence has not been provided the application will be refused.

There is no change in the requirements for Skilled – Provisional (Graduate) visa (subclass 485) where the application was made before 27 October 2008 or the Skilled Provisional (Regional Sponsored) visa (subclass 487). The applicant must either provide evidence of English language ability at time of application or provide evidence that they have made a booking to undertake an English language test.

Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#r
Thanks for the Information.

--KAR
Old Apr 24th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Is it mentioned any where that this change/requirement is for main applicant only.
As you may be aware that English requirement for Secondary Applicant is always the "time of decision" requirement. Whereas for Main Applicant, it was a requirement that must be provided at the "time of application".

So, now DIAC is allowing main applicants to provide English lang evidence before the time of decision. So, if an applicant who could miss a deadline or become ineligible due to factors such as age, and who do not have IELTS score yet, may lodge these applications with IELTS booking confirmation.

Onshore, lots of international students will benefit from this, especially those who have trade occupations with skill assessment prior to Jan 2010 and who could be affected by the new SOL due soon! They can apply for 485 or 885/886 and provide IELTS later.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road
Default Changes to the time of provision of evidence of English language ability

The following information is just copy from DIAC site:

REF:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm

Hope those who are yet to submit ielts score submit it with the application. Do not take any risk.

Last edited by azakir; Apr 25th 2010 at 11:03 am.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:58 am
Just Joined

kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure if I have understood it correctly. Does that mean I can now book an IELTS test in next two months and still can claim 25 points for 7 Band and submit the result later ?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Qingpu Li is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English language requirment for GSM

DIAC has announced new policy regarding the provision of evidence of English ability for certain GSM visa applications. While I understand that the department is going to slow down the processing of GSM including decision ready cases. They still require the visa applicant to lodge the evidence within 28 days starting from the date of visa application. For some GSM visa applications, provision of evidence of English ability is a time of decision requirement now. But visa applicant should at least provide the evidence of having booked IELTS test.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: English language requirment for GSM

Originally Posted by Qingpu Li
DIAC has announced new policy regarding the provision of evidence of English ability for certain GSM visa applications. While I understand that the department is going to slow down the processing of GSM including decision ready cases. They still require the visa applicant to lodge the evidence within 28 days starting from the date of visa application. For some GSM visa applications, provision of evidence of English ability is a time of decision requirement now. But visa applicant should at least provide the evidence of having booked IELTS test.
No this is not true, the new rule states that you need to have valid IELTS score to lodge an VISA application unless you have passport of UK, USA, Irelnad, NewZealand, Canada and one more english speaking country which i dont remember.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
No this is not true, the new rule states that you need to have valid IELTS score to lodge an VISA application unless you have passport of UK, USA, Irelnad, NewZealand, Canada and one more english speaking country which i dont remember.
I did not find anything about the passport and country of origin as you said. (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#r)
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Qingpu Li is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the following URL regarding the new annoucement by DIAC. Thank you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#r

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.