Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship / Skilled Visa (hairdresser/supply&distribution)

Sponsorship / Skilled Visa (hairdresser/supply&distribution)

Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

stevo1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship / Skilled Visa (hairdresser/supply&distribution)

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help please?

My wife and I (and 2 y/o son) are looking to move to Australia from the UK - my wife is a hairdresser and my role is Distribution Manager.

I believe that hairdressers are no longer on or prioritized on the Skilled List?

Does anyone know what our best option for entry would be? Where do we look for state or employer sponsorship opportunities?

Ideally we would like to be in the position to move at some point next year so timescales would also be helpful!

You may be able to tell that we have just started looking into this!

Cheers
Stevo
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

tisha.wood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship / Skilled Visa (hairdresser/supply&distribution)

hi steve me and my husband are in similar situation ,here is what info i have found so far, the new laws come out in may in which there is only talk of hairdressers coming off the list .OH forgot to say im a hairdresser ,if hairdressers come off the list u still have till july to submit ur application and the new changes wont effect u we r about to have my skills assesed sending this week . I have found a lot of the information on the australian goverment website also time scales is like how long is a piece of string we hope to get state sponsorship as we believe its quicker than a permanent residency visa but u should also ring some agents and get some free advise again this is what i have done , let me no if u find anything out it all helps good luck
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

stevo1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Trisha - thanks for that!

Yes state sponsorship sounds like the most appealing to us also! I will take your advise and contact an agent!

Good luck to you also and I hope that it all works out.

Cheers
Stevo
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Steve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to allSteve1977 is a name known to all

Had to double take then, i thought 'i don't remember writing this' lol!

Just be aware that some states require you to have large amounts of savings to get sponsorship. Have you not got enough points for an independant skilled visa?

Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

tisha.wood is an unknown quantity at this point

ye i have but want sponsorship as i thought it would be quicker but from reading on this forum that might not be the case the migrant agents told me it would be quicker . i was thinkin WA and apparantly u dont have to prove amount of money we do have the money but its in the house and business which we cannot prove until sold . is your wife employed or self employed, were are u looking to go?