IELTS-remark ... chances of success

Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mongobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS-remark ... chances of success

Hey fellows,

I've sat my first IELTS recently and received the result-letter last week.

L: 7.5
R: 9
W: 7
S: 6.5

Overall: 7.5

Pretty embarrassing since I need at least 7 in each of the modules to get my 120 points for the PR-aplication.

Therefore I handed the test back in to London for re-marking (Enquiry on results) and within the next 6-8 weeks () I will get the results.

Did anyone here had success with his/her enquiry? I've searched the internet up and down but just found other peoples recommendation to apply for a remark but no traces of anyones success.

Thanks for your comments
Uli
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IELTS-remark ... chances of success

Originally Posted by Mongobear
Hey fellows,

Pretty embarrassing since I need at least 7 in each of the modules to get my 120 points for the PR-aplication.

Therefore I handed the test back in to London for re-marking (Enquiry on results) and within the next 6-8 weeks () I will get the results.

Did anyone here had success with his/her enquiry? I've searched the internet up and down but just found other peoples recommendation to apply for a remark but no traces of anyones success.

Thanks for your comments
Uli
What a shame with the speaking I have noticed somewhere on here that someone did just what you are doing and they were successful You only need that 0.5 and with any luck they will notice how well you did in the other sections and up your mark Im sure the post is on here somewhere but cant find it at the mo Lots of luck with your remark
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea how many people get their IELTS results upgraded, I don't recall coming across somebody that has myself. I did look into this process for somebody else on here a while back and my conclusion then was that they might as well just retake the test.

The remarking takes a long time and is quite expensive, although this would be refunded if your marks are corrected. The speaking and writing sections are more likely to be adjusted as they are subjective whereas listening and reading are more clearly right or wrong.

However in your case, it is probable that your tests have already been double checked as there is a variance of 3.5 across the sections. I have read somewhere that variance of over 2 between sections prompts a remark and on the British council website it does not refer to the marks but it does say that big varances are looked into.

Personally, I would just retake the test rather than wait for 8 weeks and possibly have a negative outcome anyway.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I've read about this automatic re-mark but hope that they did not already do this with mine. I remember one case where a test-taker did not receive his results on the 13th day after the IELTS. This was because he also had very varying scores and his test was automatically sent to London for a remark. I got mine in-time, so keep fingers crossed that it's not its second trip to London

Regarding the costs. Actually the remark was not as expensive as I thought. The British Pound is pretty cheap for us mainland-Europeans at the moment, so it was "just" 67 Euros. On the other hand the test-fee increases to 180 Euros as of April (was 170). What a vicious circle ...

However, I would appreciate any other comments on this topic.

Thanks
Uli
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

patok is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my ielts test results re-mark for writing module recently. I got only 6.I only need 6.5 band score to get 16 points in language proficiency for my FSW application in Canada. I knew i did well in the test so i immediately requested for enquiry on results( EOR ).
After 7 weeks, i received the results and my writing score was upgraded to 7.0 and EOR fee refunded.. so i think you have a good chance of
getting a higher score.good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about

Quite frustrating to miss by 0.5, isn't it ? I too was in the same boat.

I got my written score revaluated - it went up from 6.5 to 7.5.

Did anyone here had success with his/her enquiry?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

bpsibm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey fellows,

Thanks for your comments
Uli
I filed for review and got my score upgraded from 6.5 to 7 in Writing Module.
In case your score gets changed you will not be charged any fee else you would be charged a review fee.

So if you think you wrote well and you deserve >6.5 then you can apply for review Else go for retest. Review and Retest will take same time .
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

carrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

How do you go about getting the IELTS re-assessed as my OH got 6.5 in one part of his as well, do you contact the centre where you sat the exam??

Thanks

Carrie
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about

Yes - the same people who registered you for the exam. For eg, the British Council or the IDP. You will be asked to fill up a form for revaluation and you'll have to submit your test result sheet. Deposit the fees and then wait for nearly 6-8 weeks. If the score increases, you money is refunded and you are issued a new result sheet (the old submitted one gets cancelled). Else, the old sheet is returned to you.

Originally Posted by carrieann8675
Hi

How do you go about getting the IELTS re-assessed as my OH got 6.5 in one part of his as well, do you contact the centre where you sat the exam??

Thanks

Carrie
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

One query - If one fails in an attempt, can the next attempt be made anytime or is it required to wait for a certain period of time.. pls advice.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
One query - If one fails in an attempt, can the next attempt be made anytime or is it required to wait for a certain period of time.. pls advice.
You don't have to wait any time period - except for the next available test date.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Yap, that's true. I also submitted my "enquiry on results" and parallely applied for a new test since the remark takes so long.
I already received the confirmation for my new test, so this should not be a problem at all.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Yap, that's true. I also submitted my "enquiry on results" and parallely applied for a new test since the remark takes so long.
I already received the confirmation for my new test, so this should not be a problem at all.
Good initiative.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

emma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really nice

hi guys just wondering if its worth me re applying for a remark?

speaking 8.5
reading 8.5
writing 8.5
reading 6.5

i need the 7 to get in does anyone have any experience in an increased mark in the reading?

any advice would be great

thanx em
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

I don't think that it's worth going for a remark in reading as reading is a thing where answers are right or wrong. It's not a matter of personal judgement and so there is no room for rethinking whether given answers were right or not. I think it only makes sense to try and get a remarking in the sections of speaking and writing where it might be a matter of personal taste and feeling, but listening and reading are marked after a scheme and it could only be that the person checking your answers did some mistakes which I personally do not believe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.