Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi Lin

AHC London just sent me a scanned copy of the receipt on my request, they have been most helpful as have certain members of this forum.

The fares to NZ are fairly reasonable next week, but the week after are a bit steep due to being so close to Xmas and I cannot book until CO gets back to me, so between the devil and the deep blue sea at the moment.

Fingers crossed

Matt
Your (bi) plane not up to the trip?

Last edited by Les Avalook; Dec 2nd 2009 at 3:12 pm. Reason: missing word
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:04 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goindownunder
Hi All

The friendly lady at the Australian high Commission (Pretoria) just confirmed receipt of our 2 VAC and will send a pink copy to our CO. With the money that we saved paying in ZAR (not Dollars) we can now afford a little walkabout when we get to Oz.

I must say.... apart from the long wait, the whole process went without a hitch. Now the focus shifts to getting all our stuff in a container. (destination Sydney)

Regards
Fanie & Mienie
Well done Folks; with the cost of these visas it all helps eh? You're almost there!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:08 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Your (bi) plane not up to the trip?
You know that Amelia Earhart had a problem with hers and didn't make it all the way!!

Matt
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by home alone
Now come on, if you really wanted to validate, nothing would stop you, I thought you could swim, you can always use your body board to help!
We do really want to validate and I am just hoping to get the grant this week so I can nip to the travel agents!!But its Thursday night here and nothing yet, only leaves Friday.

This whole trip has been "by the skin of our teeth" planning! Our daughter who came with us and is emigrating, completion on the sale of her flat back home has been "its this week" for the past 2 months and is finally happening Friday much to her & our relief. She accepted the offer on it last week of MAY, so it has taken over 20 weeks, and with her having just rented here there was a bit of sweating.

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:21 am
Just Joined

joanne3 is an unknown quantity at this point

We do really want to validate and I am just hoping to get the grant this week so I can nip to the travel agents!!But its Thursday night here and nothing yet, only leaves Friday.

This whole trip has been "by the skin of our teeth" planning! Our daughter who came with us and is emigrating, completion on the sale of her flat back home has been "its this week" for the past 2 months and is finally happening Friday much to her & our relief. She accepted the offer on it last week of MAY, so it has taken over 20 weeks, and with her having just rented here there was a bit of sweating.

Cheers

Matt
Its amazing how nail biting this has all been. ! I can understand how anxious your daughter has been ! We sold our house Aprill 2008 ! and arranged for the bond to be through by end 2008. Well since then it has been " in 2/3 weeks time " for the whole year ! It will be a miracle if it goes through before Christmas ! With my brother being accepted as AOS, all he is now waiting for is for centrelink to request the Bond payment. Once that it through, it would be nice to have the house bond through so that I can pay my second VAC !

Nail biting !

But having said that , isnt it amazing how everything finally fits into place ! I cant wait till the visa storm is over and I can sit calmly and enjoy my lovely life in Australia ! Hang in there Matt.

Joanne
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by joanne3
Its amazing how nail biting this has all been. ! I can understand how anxious your daughter has been ! We sold our house Aprill 2008 ! and arranged for the bond to be through by end 2008. Well since then it has been " in 2/3 weeks time " for the whole year ! It will be a miracle if it goes through before Christmas ! With my brother being accepted as AOS, all he is now waiting for is for centrelink to request the Bond payment. Once that it through, it would be nice to have the house bond through so that I can pay my second VAC !

Nail biting !

But having said that , isnt it amazing how everything finally fits into place ! I cant wait till the visa storm is over and I can sit calmly and enjoy my lovely life in Australia ! Hang in there Matt.

Joanne
Trying my hardest!! With cheap airfares in sight to NZ I have been checking my emails 100 times a day for that magic one from the CO, but its now Friday evening in Oz and nothing from PVC so it won't be until next week hopefully for the grant

So I will just sit here with another cup of Rooibos enjoying the warm evening air Then I'll have a whisky & coke or two

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying my hardest!! With cheap airfares in sight to NZ I have been checking my emails 100 times a day for that magic one from the CO, but its now Friday evening in Oz and nothing from PVC so it won't be until next week hopefully for the grant

So I will just sit here with another cup of Rooibos enjoying the warm evening air Then I'll have a whisky & coke or two

Cheers

Matt
Hate to think what your stress levels are?? you'll need a double whisky & coke!!! lots of luck for next week

Elaine
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

joan tobin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=donovandenese;8136673]
Originally Posted by jmm100uk

i agree - why do people always put down south australia?
Hi everyone i live in sa its good and the house prices are cheap to other places
Is there anybody out there who as been living in au for longer than 2 yrs wanting to know about commonwealth senior health card we came out on contributory parent visa
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:33 pm

[QUOTE=joan tobin;8147467]
Originally Posted by donovandenese

Hi everyone i live in sa its good and the house prices are cheap to other places
Is there anybody out there who as been living in au for longer than 2 yrs wanting to know about commonwealth senior health card we came out on contributory parent visa
Isn't it a fact, that anywhere in the world where housing is expensive are the places that are popular and where people want to be??

Now, isn't that a good way of wording it!

Hehe

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Dec 5th 2009 at 12:26 am.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

gotnoidea is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly will let you know. I think that as for so long the exchange rate was in favour of paying in Australia and even though the facility was available to pay in your country of residence it was never used, until now, which is like a rusty machine, needs used a couple of times to get it running well!

Just curious as you have mentioned French Embassy a couple of times, do you mean Australian Embassy in France?

All the best

Matt
Yeah - silly me!! I mean the Australian Embassy in Paris.

Cheers.
Rich
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Hi all
I'm here in oz already and mum is in the process of getting her visa, at the mo she has had meds and is waiting to hear if she has got through the Aos. When we get the letter for the 2nd payment what is the best way for us to pay? She is in Oz at the mo on 3 month tourist visa and we will be paying from oz in dollars. I have seen a couple of threads about paying in London but would this work with dollars? Would I have to transfer the dollars into her uk a/c for her to pay or can I send direct to London.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi all
I'm here in oz already and mum is in the process of getting her visa, at the mo she has had meds and is waiting to hear if she has got through the Aos. When we get the letter for the 2nd payment what is the best way for us to pay? She is in Oz at the mo on 3 month tourist visa and we will be paying from oz in dollars. I have seen a couple of threads about paying in London but would this work with dollars? Would I have to transfer the dollars into her uk a/c for her to pay or can I send direct to London.
Hi. One reason people have been paying in the UK is that the UK £ is weak against the Oz $ and its cheaper paying in the UK at the moment due to the exchange rate set by DIAC in July.This is due to be reviewed 1st jan 2010 and you can bet it will not be in our favour anymore. If your mum is in Oz when paying the 2nd VAC, its not too hard to do it through the London AHC, just need to get the postal address 100% correct if mailing it, or possibly scan it all and email it to them.

At todays exchange rate of 1.8 it would cost AUD $58,014 to pay in London by transferring funds, and AUD $63,110 paying in Australia so a $5,000 saving. Just remember it all depends on the rate on the day!

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:15 am

Cheers

Matt
Well looks like our quest to validate our visas on this trip has hit a brick wall. My OH has got DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) from the long flight here. Was diagnosed today, nearly 5 weeks after arriving! She is banned from flying for at least the next 2-3 weeks after that it will be reviewed. She is on all sorts of medication for next week, shame. I must say the doctors here do a thorough job though. He said they see a lot of it (DVT) here being the affects of the long flights anywhere and also the long distances people drive here.

Also was a good thing I took out a temporary medicare card as it pays the doctors bills, some of the Ultra Sound scans, but not the prescriptions. Just remember when you move here, you don't get free prescriptions over the age of 60!

It will still be a better solution to fly to NZ to validate, than have her fly back to the UK to do it, so possibly after the New Year might be good.

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

I think you are quoting for 2 visa's mum is coming alone so I hope it will be only $34,000 not the $63,000 but thanks for the quick reply
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about your wife Matt, hope she has a speedy recovery

Cazz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.