Biometric Cancelation Notices

Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometric Cancelation Notices

Hi:

As per AILA, there have been reports of Biometric appointments being canceled all over the US -- these are for appointment on July 7-8-9. As per AILA inquiry, this is due to software update and appointments will be rescheduled in 2-3 weeks.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Biometric Cancelation Notices

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

As per AILA, there have been reports of Biometric appointments being canceled all over the US -- these are for appointment on July 7-8-9. As per AILA inquiry, this is due to software update and appointments will be rescheduled in 2-3 weeks.
I am one of them. Mine was scheduled for July 7th, but got cancelled. I am waiting for a new apoitment date. Hopefully I will receive a letter sometime this week.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:01 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Want2Move
I am one of them. Mine was scheduled for July 7th, but got cancelled. I am waiting for a new apoitment date. Hopefully I will receive a letter sometime this week.

If you can, why not attempt to go and get the biometrics done today or tomorrow. Most places will allow you in ahead of schedule if you have the appointment letter.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rete
If you can, why not attempt to go and get the biometrics done today or tomorrow. Most places will allow you in ahead of schedule if you have the appointment letter.
Thanks. I did not know that we can show up for biometrics before the appointment date. Mine is supposed to be done in Salt Lake City, Utah. I guess I need to find a number and call them.

I have the appointment letter and I also have the cancellation letter. I can go there tomorrow or even day after tomorrow. I am probably not going to show the cancellation letter to them.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I did not know that we can show up for biometrics before the appointment date. Mine is supposed to be done in Salt Lake City, Utah. I guess I need to find a number and call them.

I have the appointment letter and I also have the cancellation letter. I can go there tomorrow or even day after tomorrow. I am probably not going to show the cancellation letter to them.
You don't need to call them. No one on this forum has ever reported being turned away if they go in earlier than their appointment date, as long as they have the appointment letter.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2009, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Noorah101. I visited this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=UT and found this:

Appointment Notices:

The only after filing service that is provided by an ASC is fingerprinting. Fingerprinting services are by appointment only and are related to an application for an immigration benefit.

You will be notified about an ASC appointment by mail. You should follow the instructions on the appointment notice to reschedule the appointment.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Noorah101. I visited this site: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=UT and found this:

Appointment Notices:

The only after filing service that is provided by an ASC is fingerprinting. Fingerprinting services are by appointment only and are related to an application for an immigration benefit.

You will be notified about an ASC appointment by mail. You should follow the instructions on the appointment notice to reschedule the appointment.
Yes. And you have an appointment, with the appointment letter to prove it. Of course the choice is yours...you can wait and reschedule, or you can try to go in earlier. My guess is that going in earlier will be successful...but if it's too far away or you don't want to try, then you can wait for them to reschedule.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We have seen this done countless times. While I don't remember anyone posting that they were turned away because their appointment was not for the date on their letter, it does not mean it has not happened. I only suggested it if the visit is not far out of your way or inconvenient.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

My appointment was originally scheduled for July 9th in San Diego. I went in last week and had my biometrics taken without a problem. As long as you have the Appointment Notice they don't seem to pay attention to the actual date.

I've since received a cancellation notice, not sure if this is due to the software upgrade or because I went in early!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:26 am
Concierge

Thanks, Paul, for that info. Nice to have a suggestion validated.

Originally Posted by paul_79
My appointment was originally scheduled for July 9th in San Diego. I went in last week and had my biometrics taken without a problem. As long as you have the Appointment Notice they don't seem to pay attention to the actual date.

I've since received a cancellation notice, not sure if this is due to the software upgrade or because I went in early!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Appointment Notices:

Hi:

People go in all the time early. Hell, I've had people go in LATE -- and they get printed. The ASC's tend to be easy about that. There is no harm in trying -- the worst that can happen is that they turn you away.

My concern right now is whether or not the appointment notices will be considered still valid this week.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Hi:

People go in all the time early. Hell, I've had people go in LATE -- and they get printed. The ASC's tend to be easy about that. There is no harm in trying -- the worst that can happen is that they turn you away.

My concern right now is whether or not the appointment notices will be considered still valid this week.
Hi, this is my concern too. I went in last week and after that I received a cancellation notice. Are my biometrics still valid or will I have to go in again?

Thanks,
Paul
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:23 am

Hi, this is my concern too. I went in last week and after that I received a cancellation notice. Are my biometrics still valid or will I have to go in again?

Thanks,
Paul
If you've already had your biometrics taken, my layman's assumption would be that they are still valid. It's only the scheduled appointments that are being cancelled...you've already gone and got yours done.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Thanks,
Paul
Hi:

Let us know when you try to do it. As I have always said the WORST that can happen is they turn you away. No harm, no foul. If they take the prints and biometrics, then you can safely close the refrigerator door.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi:

Let us know when you try to do it. As I have always said the WORST that can happen is they turn you away. No harm, no foul. If they take the prints and biometrics, then you can safely close the refrigerator door.
You missed my posting above! I did go in early and they DID take my fingerprints etc but a couple of days after that I received a cancellation notice for my original appointment (9th July). I was thinking would I have to go in again, but after reading your post I guess not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.