Immigration Finger?! Is there a cure?!

Old May 29th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Finger?! Is there a cure?!

Is anyone else suffering from immigration finger?!
As soon as the computer is on I have to sit at it and my fingers are automatically drawn to the NZIS webpage. I must check our status 10 times a day even when I know the offices are closed and even at the weekend. (sad I know!)
Please reassure me that this is normal behaviour as my husband and children think I am obsessed!!
On the obsession theme I am fast becoming addicted to BE!! Although in my defence this site is full of excellent information and advise from people who are, or have been, in the same situation as yourself.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old May 29th 2009, 1:53 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Immigration Finger?! Is there a cure?!

Just wanted to say that Immigration Finger is biting here as well, and we haven't even got our EOI underway yet - we need job offer to gain points. You're right though, and I have said it recently, BE is thoroughly addictive (and enjoyable) - someone even suggested to me to switch off the automatic email notification on threads you subscribe to, to keep myself off it so much, but I just can't! LOL! What will I be like once we have done our EOI, etc.? How will I cope? They say people can have addictive personalities, which is why they get 'hooked' into something in the first place. I wonder sometimes whether I have one of those ,although my addictions are pretty harmless - right now, it's BE, Great British Menu, The Apprentice, Britain's Got Talent, and no doubt soon to be Big Brother! How sad? The same has to be said about when I am selling something on EBay too - checking to see if I have bids and for how much, etc.

As for a cure, I don't think there is one. Just find comfort in the fact that if you couldn't check the site for updates, and chat on here to off-load and stuff, you would probably be climbing the walls instead!

Good Luck, LB
Old May 29th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizaberry
Just wanted to say that Immigration Finger is biting here as well, and we haven't even got our EOI underway yet - we need job offer to gain points. You're right though, and I have said it recently, BE is thoroughly addictive (and enjoyable) - someone even suggested to me to switch off the automatic email notification on threads you subscribe to, to keep myself off it so much, but I just can't! LOL! What will I be like once we have done our EOI, etc.? How will I cope? They say people can have addictive personalities, which is why they get 'hooked' into something in the first place. I wonder sometimes whether I have one of those ,although my addictions are pretty harmless - right now, it's BE, Great British Menu, The Apprentice, Britain's Got Talent, and no doubt soon to be Big Brother! How sad? The same has to be said about when I am selling something on EBay too - checking to see if I have bids and for how much, etc.

As for a cure, I don't think there is one. Just find comfort in the fact that if you couldn't check the site for updates, and chat on here to off-load and stuff, you would probably be climbing the walls instead!

Good Luck, LB
Admittedly my addictions could be much worse! Even with all the checking the waiting is just awful! I am not a patient person by nature but NZIS is forcing me to try to rectify that!
Please dont suggest to switch off the automatic email notification on threads I subscribe to, I tried and I just can't stay away! Dont know what I am going to do 2moro when BGT finishes! Spend even more time on this maybe!!
I wouldnt mind but there are a thousand and one other things I really should be doing in anticipation of the big move!

Donna
XX
Old May 29th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Is anyone else suffering from immigration finger?!
As soon as the computer is on I have to sit at it and my fingers are automatically drawn to the NZIS webpage. I must check our status 10 times a day even when I know the offices are closed and even at the weekend. (sad I know!)
Please reassure me that this is normal behaviour as my husband and children think I am obsessed!!
On the obsession theme I am fast becoming addicted to BE!! Although in my defence this site is full of excellent information and advise from people who are, or have been, in the same situation as yourself.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Oh my goodness...you poor thing. No, the whole immigration thing has not affected me this way at all...............

I've got it so bad at the moment, it is a relief to go to work and get some respite.............but rather pathetically BE is the first thing I log onto when I get home I have jobs around the house that need to be done
Old May 29th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck, LB
Hi Lizaberry

Whats Great British Menu...that sounds like something I could get into
Old May 29th 2009, 4:21 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

It's been a series on BBC2. Up until this week it was on at 6.30 for half an hour whilst 2 chefs from the various regions of the UK battled it out over the 5 days to produce a menu comprising, starter, fish course, main and dessert. They dry-runned their dishes mon-thurs and then they each cooked for 3 judges who at the end would decide who would go through to this weeks final. They are cooking for the home-coming troops from Afghanistan. So, this week it has been on at 6 and the final 8 chefs have cooked their menus as before - one dish per day. The judges have then chosen the best of each course mon-thurs. As it happens, a different chef won each day. It is on again tonight but am not sure what they will be doing, so although you have missed most of the series, you can still see what is likely to be the last one tonight.

It's enjoyable but makes you feel a little hungry afterwards!

LB
Old May 29th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's been a series on BBC2. Up until this week it was on at 6.30 for half an hour whilst 2 chefs from the various regions of the UK battled it out over the 5 days to produce a menu comprising, starter, fish course, main and dessert. They dry-runned their dishes mon-thurs and then they each cooked for 3 judges who at the end would decide who would go through to this weeks final. They are cooking for the home-coming troops from Afghanistan. So, this week it has been on at 6 and the final 8 chefs have cooked their menus as before - one dish per day. The judges have then chosen the best of each course mon-thurs. As it happens, a different chef won each day. It is on again tonight but am not sure what they will be doing, so although you have missed most of the series, you can still see what is likely to be the last one tonight.

It's enjoyable but makes you feel a little hungry afterwards!

LB
Wow, that series has completely passed me by....and as it is now 6.50pm, I've missed tonights also. Thats because I actually turned the computer off to do something. How's that for control.........yeah bet your well impressed.

Probably good job I've missed it, as there really is no need for me to be introduced to further delicious foods..... I've got a whole repertoire already and by god do I utilise it.
Old May 29th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know what you're all moaning about!!!Spare a thought for us poor devils who were selected on May 6th and are still waiting to be 'Successful'! I keep thinking that I might have filled it in wrong - we have 125 points but no job offer - how much longer do you think we'll have to wait?

I only check mine 6ish times a day! but now I know not to check it at the weekends!

Liff
Old May 29th 2009, 6:52 pm
Newbie to NZ

I don't know much about that side of things (just yet) but it seems strange that you haven't heard anymore. Maybe worth starting a thread to see if there are others like you that seem to have been 'missed'. Just a thought.

Hope your status changes soon, all the best, LB
Old May 29th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

It could be there are quite a few people ahead of us with job offers and we are at the bottom of the pile -I'll start to worry in 2 weeks or so - has anyone had to wait this long or am I paranoid????
Old May 29th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

It really took hold in the 1st weeks of EOI, sometimes twice a day!
Old May 30th 2009, 4:58 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LiffyB
From NZIS:
Skilled migrant applicants without job offers
The Pool draw, which would potentially allocate your EOI to the London branch, takes place every two weeks.
Your Expression of Interest (EOI) will be assessed within one month of being selected from the pool. We will then contact you, either inviting you to apply for residence or requesting further information.
So you should hear within a month. They must be getting faster-they were saying it would take 2-3m when I applied a year ago -even so I had a wait of 5 and a half months to get an ITA. My right index finger had almost worn down to a small stump by then- a really severe case of "immigration finger"
Old May 30th 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Hopefully we will hear this week - its nerve racking - what happens if they say no???? Just hope I filled it out properly!!! Anyhow - fingers crossed

Liff
Old May 30th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Hopefully we will hear this week - its nerve racking - what happens if they say no???? Just hope I filled it out properly!!! Anyhow - fingers crossed

Liff
Its the not knowing thats the worst!
I feel like we are in limbo land waiting for some news! Lets hope the sun is shining on all of us and we all hear something soon.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Its the not knowing thats the worst!
I feel like we are in limbo land waiting for some news! Lets hope the sun is shining on all of us and we all hear something soon.
Snap thats how we feel too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.