Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old May 17th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Wanted Down Under

Just wondering how many of you have applied for the next series of WDU. I entered a few months ago for a bit of fun and thought it was a wind up when I received a phone call and told that my application had gone through to the next round - Shitttttt. I know it's still early days but I still think it's quite funny and hope it works out (very doubtful!).

Anybody on BE and been through the system and would like to tell their story?? I would be interested to hear from you. humbsup:
Old May 17th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Just wondering how many of you have applied for the next series of WDU. I entered a few months ago for a bit of fun and thought it was a wind up when I received a phone call and told that my application had gone through to the next round - Shitttttt. I know it's still early days but I still think it's quite funny and hope it works out (very doubtful!).

Anybody on BE and been through the system and would like to tell their story?? I would be interested to hear from you. humbsup:
good luck with that

let us know if you are successful
Old May 17th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

TomsMops will become famous soon enoughTomsMops will become famous soon enough

Good luck, I applied 2 years ago and got a call only around 1 month ago but we are already done, we have sold the house, the shippers are coming in on Wednesday.

Hubby & I both had telephone interviews with Naz from Wanted Down Under, nice guy!

Good luck xxx
Old May 17th 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Thanks but I don't expect getting much further - there must be thousands in the same position as us. I was told that if we don't hear anything in the next 2 months then it's likely to be an ee r! Apparently there is going to be 2 series next year.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

we did the first show we were asked if we would do it then 6weeks later we were filming in oz, we had a great time made the move so much easyier after visiting the area first good luck
Old May 26th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

CalNgary which couple were you. I do recall a Gary in one of the shows but I believe he was in Perth or Sydney?

Just typical of a woman! My wife wants the house painted from top to bottom, garden changed, Living room decorated and garage tidied - and the chances are we won't get picked. However, I am surprised that nobody else appears to be in a similar position that contributes to BE ....
Old May 26th 2009, 10:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Stacks of people on here have been on WDU. Do a search, can't remember names.

If you get on, have fun and don't be offended when they edit you.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Stacks of people on here have been on WDU. Do a search, can't remember names.

If you get on, have fun and don't be offended when they edit you.
And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............
Old May 27th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

are we allowed to?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............
Old May 27th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

If we get on you can take the p... as much as you like because I'll certainly get it from work - just a laugh though.
Thanks for your comments
Old May 28th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Hi there, Yes we applied for WDU as well, filled in the mega form and got a phone call. Like you totally cacked myself! lol. The guy on the other end told me he wanted to talk to my hubby as well and he'd phone back on the next monday to speak to him and possibly our son too. We waited and waited but no phone call came. Gutted! All our friends and relatives have thought they were pretty rude to organise another phone call then not follow it through. It kinda leaves you in the lurch a bit as you dont know if you will get another call to be filmed or not. If we are not then I'd appreciate being told so really.

Hope you get somewhere with it hun. Good luck.

J
Old May 28th 2009, 9:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If we get on you can take the p... as much as you like because I'll certainly get it from work - just a laugh though.
Thanks for your comments
Have a look at some of the trheads with previous participants and you'll see why I posted - there have been some nasty remarks in the past when people forget that the participnats may actually be BE members and be reading the comments!
Old May 29th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

The Nanny,
I wouldn't worry about not receiving the second phone call, it's possibly a cock-up. I was asked the same questions as my wife but had the impression that there were thousands applying and that they just wanted to see if we were still interested. The questions were based on my application form which was a good idea I wrote the truth because my wife didn't have a clue what I wrote!! lol Best of luck to all and thanks for all replys
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

shiiiiiiit, we now have the interview next week. A little unsure what to expect though. Previously I was told that I would have a 2 day film interview etc but my wife, who took the call, felt that they were only coming for the morning and there was no mention of filming!! Any ideas / thoughts welcome.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:00 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

shiiiiiiit, we now have the interview next week. A little unsure what to expect though. Previously I was told that I would have a 2 day film interview etc but my wife, who took the call, felt that they were only coming for the morning and there was no mention of filming!! Any ideas / thoughts welcome.
None, but I bet your wife gets her hair done

Keep us updated,
Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.