887 Visa Applicants

Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

melnatalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by Nick11
I know - it should be a case of rubber stamping it!
Very frustrated.
any news about your application? the new updated processing information shows that:

Visa Subclass Month/Year Lodgement
VF 476 (paper): 21 February 2009
VF 476 (e-lodged): 21 February 2009
VB 887 (paper): 3 August 2009

If I havent heard anything by the end of next month, I will definitely call them!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by melnatalie
any news about your application? the new updated processing information shows that:

Visa Subclass Month/Year Lodgement
VF 476 (paper): 21 February 2009
VF 476 (e-lodged): 21 February 2009
VB 887 (paper): 3 August 2009

If I havent heard anything by the end of next month, I will definitely call them!

Rang on Monday. We have a co - but thats it. Guy said it may be sitting on her desk until next year.We pointed out they have everything and he looked at his computer and agreed - however when the co will get round to dealing with it is anyones guess. Deffo got the feeling its all about massaging the figures.
My friend who app[lied May 25th - still waiting!!!!!
So I wouldnt really put much faith in the above dates!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Rang on Monday. We have a co - but thats it. Guy said it may be sitting on her desk until next year.We pointed out they have everything and he looked at his computer and agreed - however when the co will get round to dealing with it is anyones guess. Deffo got the feeling its all about massaging the figures.
My friend who app[lied May 25th - still waiting!!!!!
So I wouldnt really put much faith in the above dates!!!!
I reckon it should not be too long till you get your PR! I dont understand why they dont approve our simple case 887 but leave it on her desk?!!!
god knows what are they thinking! but good to know you guys got a CO! I hope mine will be allowcated next month, i loged my on 21 August... anyway... keep in touch
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

I reckon it should not be too long till you get your PR! I dont understand why they dont approve our simple case 887 but leave it on her desk?!!!
god knows what are they thinking! but good to know you guys got a CO! I hope mine will be allowcated next month, i loged my on 21 August... anyway... keep in touch

Rang yesterday and played merry hell. Got a co on october 8th - she has 6 weeks to process it!!!! Personally I think they are processing them to dates. We got a co exactly 4 months to the day after applying. Our 5 months is up on the 8th November - I will put good money on the fact we will get our pr on the 8th!!!!!
The woman said they give out 300 887 visas a day from adelaide and are struggling to cope with demand. They are all very stressed - not my bloody problem!!!!!!
To add insult to injury they are processing 887s online in 12 days!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Rang yesterday and played merry hell. Got a co on october 8th - she has 6 weeks to process it!!!! Personally I think they are processing them to dates. We got a co exactly 4 months to the day after applying. Our 5 months is up on the 8th November - I will put good money on the fact we will get our pr on the 8th!!!!!
The woman said they give out 300 887 visas a day from adelaide and are struggling to cope with demand. They are all very stressed - not my bloody problem!!!!!!
To add insult to injury they are processing 887s online in 12 days!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
you are funny Nick11!!! Not our bloody problem!!! yes, that's their job to process visas, stressed? then they have to cope with it! I reckon your file just sitting there for another 6 weeks and will only take her 1 day to process and your PR will be granted either on the 8th or the 9th of Nov.

what the??!! 12 days for online 887 application??
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

you are funny Nick11!!! Not our bloody problem!!! yes, that's their job to process visas, stressed? then they have to cope with it! I reckon your file just sitting there for another 6 weeks and will only take her 1 day to process and your PR will be granted either on the 8th or the 9th of Nov.

what the??!! 12 days for online 887 application??
Heh ho what will be, will be!!!
Not gonna loose sleep over it - its only a number.
Getting our 495 was a nightmare and a farce from beginning to end so we are probably jinxed!!!
Gotta laugh
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

dear all,

for subclass 495 visa holders, would it be more difficult to find a full-time job than PR do ? Please kindly advise, thank you all.

It seems DIAC needs more time to process 175/176 visa application, I intend to apply for 495 visa, and would like to have your comments.

Chao
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Hey again, just to let you know I got my PR today!!!! No CO called or email before that, it took 2 months!!! well, I should feel so lucky, now it's time to move on!!! Good Luck!!!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Arrow Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by whtzau
dear all,

for subclass 495 visa holders, would it be more difficult to find a full-time job than PR do ? Please kindly advise, thank you all.

It seems DIAC needs more time to process 175/176 visa application, I intend to apply for 495 visa, and would like to have your comments.

Chao
Hi Chao,

No need to worry on Job front.

There is no 495 category now, it is renumbered to 475. Even 475 visa takes 2 years for processing and you will not hear anything till 2012. Be prepared mentally.

Did you got a sponsorship?

All the best.

Govi
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey again, just to let you know I got my PR today!!!! No CO called or email before that, it took 2 months!!! well, I should feel so lucky, now it's time to move on!!! Good Luck!!!
Big congrats.
Ours was granted yesterday.
Hubby rang them on Monday and refused to get off the phone til the operator had sent our co a message. Hey presto 24 hours later visa granted.
Its a bloody farce

WORD OF WARNING TO ANY ONE PLANNING ON SENDING 887 APPLICATION BY PAPER - DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Melnatalie and Nick11 !!!!!!!
Well done!!!
Now enjoy your life
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:59 am
Just Joined

LoveAdelaide is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I m on my way preparing my documents for a 887 application as i will meet two years residence and working full time in Adelaide next month ....I hope DIAC won't announce anything that would delay my application....

I just got some questions to ask about the duration when I was oversea. I knew that I have to deduct the length when I was away from Adelaide to count for my residence time period toward PR. I m a bit confused how to count the duration btw two date.

I was oversea on 6 Sep 09 - 20 Sep 09 = 14 days (15 days include the end date).

When I count , do I have to include the end date (the date that I returned to Australia ?)

Also, I will go oversea after i lodge a 887 ...and my 495 is not expired ...I don't have to apply for a bridging B ? Or do i have to inform DIAC that I will go oversea after I lodge my 887 application ?

Many thanks and really appreciated your reply.

Last edited by LoveAdelaide; Dec 3rd 2009 at 3:08 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

do not need to go overseas as 887 is granted onshore. When you submit visa get issued a bridging visa so do not need to worry about that.

We were not asked about time overseas. only asked to prove living and workingin regional. Sent tax assesments and rental agreements and it was issued.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cbeeb
do not need to go overseas as 887 is granted onshore. When you submit visa get issued a bridging visa so do not need to worry about that.

We were not asked about time overseas. only asked to prove living and workingin regional. Sent tax assesments and rental agreements and it was issued.
Thank you for your reply.

I will go oversea for my sister 's wedding ceremony after i lodge a 887 application...(I will get a bridging A as it's onshore application) . Do i have to get a bridging B to go oversea after I lodged a 887 application ?

So DIAC will ignore time i spent oversea ???? Anyone confirm me ??

I m holding a 495 for more than 2 yrs but I did have time i spent oversea about 5 weeks in the past two years. I thought I have to deduct time I spent oversea from my residence duration in Adelaide ...
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

I read the thread here below.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562959

I already met the 2nd anniversary of holding 495 ...but I had time that I spent oversea for trips for about 5 weeks. I already been working full time for more than one year. I got all payslip, tax return ..etc.

So holidays and business trips overseas won't be deducted from the total time I have lived here in SA as long as I can show that I meet the residence requirements ??? I got all my leases.

Anyone can shed the light on my concern re the residence requirements in Adelaide ?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.