Reload this Page >

English-speaking doctor in Paris

English-speaking doctor in Paris

Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

hornist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English-speaking doctor in Paris

Hi all, and bonne année,

Can any one recommend an English-speaking doctor in Paris, preferably male though not essential? Looking for a Médecin généraliste, who charges Conventionné secteur 1.
I'm in the 17th, though I'm not too worried about travelling around the city for someone who is recommended.

Ameli gives me almost too many to know where to start, and has no information on languages spoken. My health-care topup provider lists 7 English-speaking doctors, almost all female, but I wondered if any of you folks had a recommendation.

My French is getting better, but this is one situation where I really don't want language to be a barrier to communication!

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English-speaking doctor in Paris

Originally Posted by hornist
Hi all, and bonne année,

Can any one recommend an English-speaking doctor in Paris, preferably male though not essential? Looking for a Médecin généraliste, who charges Conventionné secteur 1.
I'm in the 17th, though I'm not too worried about travelling around the city for someone who is recommended.

Ameli gives me almost too many to know where to start, and has no information on languages spoken. My health-care topup provider lists 7 English-speaking doctors, almost all female, but I wondered if any of you folks had a recommendation.

My French is getting better, but this is one situation where I really don't want language to be a barrier to communication!

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Hi there and welcome to the forum
We have a couple of members who are based in Paris, so hopefully they will be along soon and can help you
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:25 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Attached is a document my HR department gave me, which has a list of english speaking doctors in Paris.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
English Speaking Doctors.pdf (1.61 MB, 8121 views)
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:27 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Forgot to mention that I have an english speaking male doctor but we live in the suburbs and he is based in Croissy-sur-Seine, so probably too far away from you.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for the welcome, and for the info so far. That's really useful. I've started preparing a list, for the English-speaking GPs, of which ones are in which charging system (by looking them all up on the Ameli site).
Paul
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

I'm nextdoor in the 16th, but haven't had to use a doctor yet. My GF uses a really nice doctor 1 minutes walk from the house, after changing from her old childhood doctor. I can always ask her to enquire whether they speak English too, or if she knows any other English speaking doctors.

I know there is at least one English-Franco hospital in France that might be able to give some recommendations. I googled this:
http://www.british-hospital.org/HBH/index.php?lang=en
Might be worth contacting the British embassy in Paris?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Just to follow up...
I did find an English speaking doctor, and saw him for the first time yesterday. Very satisfied with the service so far. Happy to pass on details by PM if that's useful to anyone else.

So thanks for the advice all.

Paul
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hornist
Just to follow up...
I did find an English speaking doctor, and saw him for the first time yesterday. Very satisfied with the service so far. Happy to pass on details by PM if that's useful to anyone else.

So thanks for the advice all.

Paul

that's good news Paul, thanks for letting us know - hope all goes well for you too