Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Company transfer to the US

Company transfer to the US

Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

leeroyfoster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Company transfer to the US

Hi guys, I am moving to the USA with my current company, and I am looking at Seattle (to be close to the mountains of BC) I am completely new to living in another country so any advice regarding Social Security details, Bank Accounts, nice places to live in Seattle etc would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company transfer to the US

Hello and welcome to BE. Take a look in the Wiki...located in the blue bar at the top of the page. Also try the search facility (or look through the old threads)...located in the pink bar at the top of the page...search the US forums for 'bank accounts' 'SS' etc. These subjects have been talked about many times before so you should find loads of info.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There was a ton of recent Seattle info too.... neighborhoods etc.
Welcome to the region!

PS: which visa will you come with? It may make a difference for some of the minutia here.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

leeroyfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent, Many thanks for the reply, I will have a look now..