Cruise to Mexico & I-94

Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all
Default Cruise to Mexico & I-94

Ok so i did some searches and I am getting conflicting information, so i want to know if anybody has firsthand experience with this.

I will be going on a cruise from Galveston, tx to Mexico on a 5 day cruise, we r all on B1/B2s. I was wondering if we will get new I-94 cards with new dates when we come back or will they give us back the old cards. I know that since we goto Mexico, common sense indicates we will get a new I-94, but googling shows that some people just got back their old I-94 when they went on cruises to Dominican Republic, Antigua, etc. so did any of u have any experience with this. thanks.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cruise to Mexico & I-94

Originally Posted by ash_ak
Ok so i did some searches and I am getting conflicting information, so i want to know if anybody has firsthand experience with this.

I will be going on a cruise from Galveston, tx to Mexico on a 5 day cruise, we r all on B1/B2s. I was wondering if we will get new I-94 cards with new dates when we come back or will they give us back the old cards. I know that since we goto Mexico, common sense indicates we will get a new I-94, but googling shows that some people just got back their old I-94 when they went on cruises to Dominican Republic, Antigua, etc. so did any of u have any experience with this. thanks.
Not normally

Does it matter? Presumably you have 6 months on your originals.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if we will get new I-94 cards with new dates when we come back
Not likely, no.

I know that since we goto Mexico, common sense indicates we will get a new I-94...
No, you probably won't.

Ian
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not normally

Does it matter? Presumably you have 6 months on your originals.
i always get 3 months, and once i got 2 months & 1 day, when i told the POE officer in memphis my trip was for 2 months. I am planning my trip, so didnt wanna take any chances with the I-94 dates.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, We took my wife,s brother and SIL on a Mexican cruise two years ago out of LA.They both had to have their photgraphs and fingerprints taken at the LA terminal but their I-94,s stayed with them.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I went to Mexico in June and they took the I-94 out of the passport. When I returned through Charlotte, the POE was most pissed off that it had been removed, giving him extra work to do - his words!. He said that the airline staff sometimes get it wrong and take them but they are not supposed to and he constantly brings the subject up at meetings for the airline staff to be better trained in their procedures. So it's hit and miss really!