475 Visa Processing

Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:35 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough
Default 475 Visa Processing

Hi everyone,

We have an appliction in at the DIAC for a 475 Visa (State Sponcership). We went that route as we where promissed the applications time was 7 months. We have now been told there is a backlog and we will be lucky to get something back in the next 3 to 5 years ...

So ... has anyone got any help for me? Is there anything I can do? Anyone know someone in the DIAC processing center in Adelaide

Thanks everyone!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 475 Visa Processing

Originally Posted by EVERWHAT
Hi everyone,

We have an appliction in at the DIAC for a 475 Visa (State Sponcership). We went that route as we where promissed the applications time was 7 months. We have now been told there is a backlog and we will be lucky to get something back in the next 3 to 5 years ...

So ... has anyone got any help for me? Is there anything I can do? Anyone know someone in the DIAC processing center in Adelaide

Thanks everyone!!
According to the DIAC service charter it mentions 7 months - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm so where have you heard it will take 3-5 years ?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EVERWHAT
Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone!!
I don't know who promised you 7 months, but nobody should be making any such promise. I also don't know where you got 3-5 years from. If you are getting this information from a migration agent, I would ask for his or her source.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:00 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't know who promised you 7 months, but nobody should be making any such promise. I also don't know where you got 3-5 years from. If you are getting this information from a migration agent, I would ask for his or her source.
At present the 475s are going very slowly but we were recently able to get one granted for people affected by the statutory deposit issue in two weeks, so there is no systemic problem with the grant, probably just the in country checking they're doing.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

sodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by George Lombard
At present the 475s are going very slowly but we were recently able to get one granted for people affected by the statutory deposit issue in two weeks, so there is no systemic problem with the grant, probably just the in country checking they're doing.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Respected sir
I have one question Can I have to make a complaint with DIAC like other people who have recieved their visas after complaint because i am also waiting from last 7.5 months but I am using a MARA agent will he make a complaint DIAC in the behalf of me.
Will this complaint form will help me for my further processing
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:56 am
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by n_n_d
According to the DIAC service charter it mentions 7 months - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm
That is what I believed, and what I have been working towards. I have been looking around on the sites and wherever I can find. I see that the DICA have committed to process 75% of the applications within the 7 month time frame as stipulated (read about it on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-you-lodge.htm

Originally Posted by n_n_d
so where have you heard it will take 3-5 years ?
Just basic maths from my side. One can also send a blank e-mail to receive updates on the time frame. I did send an e-mail on 15/05/08 and the processing date was 10th November 2008. Now we see today the processing date is [still] the 25th November. That means since we lodged on the 23rd May they have managed to process 15 days worth of applications (and they have been processing the 25th November 2007 from about the 4th August!!). Therefor 15 days worth of applications have taken 4 months and 10 days. There are another 6 months from the 25th Nov to the 23rd May (my application date), and at the rate of 15 days processed every 6 months, I am being kind when I say 3 to 5 years!!

Where do I escalate this too? Do I have any recourse?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sodhi,

We made a complaint last week to the global feedback unit whose spouse visa application, based on a marriage of 42 years, took 12 months to process when it should have been two or three weeks at most. Would not have made the complaint however the client died shortly after visa grant. I think that for those standing in a queue, however, where offshore checking is taking place, complaints are at best a waste of time and may be counterproductive at worst.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Rassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the rough

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George,
Please could you let me know what the statutory deposit issue is all about?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

sodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the roughsodhi.rinku is a jewel in the rough

Dear Sodhi,

We made a complaint last week to the global feedback unit whose spouse visa application, based on a marriage of 42 years, took 12 months to process when it should have been two or three weeks at most. Would not have made the complaint however the client died shortly after visa grant. I think that for those standing in a queue, however, where offshore checking is taking place, complaints are at best a waste of time and may be counterproductive at worst.

cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks Sir Now I am thinking to make a complaint but first of all I have to send Form 1193 to the department for authorizied my email a/c. Am I right Sir Hope complaint will work for me
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:06 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Rassies
Hi George,
Please could you let me know what the statutory deposit issue is all about?

Thanks
Hi Rassies,

Do I detect a thought process hoping to take advantage of something? You wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those poor bastards boyo, see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555044 - and the first part of the thread. No, the Department of Immigration doesn't care about you lot, it's just about numbers.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Rassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the roughRassies is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rassies,

Do I detect a thought process hoping to take advantage of something? You wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those poor bastards boyo, see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555044 - and the first part of the thread. No, the Department of Immigration doesn't care about you lot, it's just about numbers.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks for the answer. I was a bit confussed about the deposit part as it did not ring a bell concerning the 475 sub class. I think we have enough hassles, would hate to be in their shoes.
As far as the department of immigration is concerned, their 475 figures can't be looking too hot.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Cheers,

George Lombard
George,

Apologies for asking a doh question, but when you say in country checking, what do you mean by this? And do you think 14 months for 475 visa is a reasonable timeline for forward planning purposes?

Twinset
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

anthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Twinset
George,

Apologies for asking a doh question, but when you say in country checking, what do you mean by this? And do you think 14 months for 475 visa is a reasonable timeline for forward planning purposes?

Twinset
I think he may be referring to checks that immigration do in the country where the applicant is currently living. Like visiting their workplace to check that the info stated in the application is genuine.

Why there should be more of these checks and hold ups for 475's than say 175s beats me.

Unless it's related to the fact that High and Low risk countries have the same official estimated processing time for 475's whereas for 175's they're split in two bands, where low risk countries gets processed faster. Meaning that the background checks on people from high risk places slows the paper mill for all 475 applicants. But that's pure speculation.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

sylviaeffendi will become famous soon enough

just saw in beupdate website, a paper lodged 475 dec 07 applicant got her visa!

Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Aussie_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sodhi,

cheers,

George Lombard
Applied for skill 24 sep 2008
Skill Approved 11 dec 2008
Applied sponsorship 31 dec 2008
Sponsorship approved 13 march 2009(skill not in CSL from 1 jan 2009)
E-lodged DIAC 30 march 2009
CO ??
This is my details. I want to ask you.When have i chance to get CO??

According to the latest change in the priority processing by 18 dec 2008 announced by DIAC. I being nominated by State SA, would I able to get quick process? As I had applied before state had removed my occupation in CSL from Jan 2009.
Hoping for the answer from your side very soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.