887 Visa granted

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Wink 887 Visa granted

On saturday morning I opened an email from Brisbane Processing Centre.

I said they had made a decision to grant our 887 visa.

Which of course now means we are permanent residents

However it had been a stressful couple of days as on thursday we received an email requesting further info. It wanted us to have medicals and a UK police check. I rang the DIAC hotline and got through to a very helpful person who said we shouldn't have been asked for them and if she was processing wouldn't ask. She said she would email Brisbane and inform them that because we had meds and PC's done when we came over on our 495 SIR visa, we wouldn't need to have new ones.
I emailed my case officer the info as well and asked to confirm.

I got a reply later that day and it was still unclear whether we needed them or not so I emailed again to ask for clarification. I didn't get a reply on thursday so was hoping I would hear something on friday.

Friday came and herad nothing so I thought, give them a few days and I'll contact them again.

So it was a surprise to get the email granting our visa on saturday.

I applied for the 887 on 4th July, online and uploaded/emailed all documents. We did have Federal Police Checks done but that was all.

So if you do get a request for meds and UK or overseas PC's then ask the case officer for confirmation as you may well not need them.

Good luck to all still waiting. In the meantime I'll celebrating.

It was my birthday yesterday so was a good pressy to have the day before.

raham
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 887 Visa granted

Originally Posted by Gravyman
On saturday morning I opened an email from Brisbane Processing Centre.

I said they had made a decision to grant our 887 visa.

Which of course now means we are permanent residents

However it had been a stressful couple of days as on thursday we received an email requesting further info. It wanted us to have medicals and a UK police check. I rang the DIAC hotline and got through to a very helpful person who said we shouldn't have been asked for them and if she was processing wouldn't ask. She said she would email Brisbane and inform them that because we had meds and PC's done when we came over on our 495 SIR visa, we wouldn't need to have new ones.
I emailed my case officer the info as well and asked to confirm.

I got a reply later that day and it was still unclear whether we needed them or not so I emailed again to ask for clarification. I didn't get a reply on thursday so was hoping I would hear something on friday.

Friday came and herad nothing so I thought, give them a few days and I'll contact them again.

So it was a surprise to get the email granting our visa on saturday.

I applied for the 887 on 4th July, online and uploaded/emailed all documents. We did have Federal Police Checks done but that was all.

So if you do get a request for meds and UK or overseas PC's then ask the case officer for confirmation as you may well not need them.

Good luck to all still waiting. In the meantime I'll celebrating.

It was my birthday yesterday so was a good pressy to have the day before.

raham
Congratulations! and hope you had a great birthday!!

I'm arriving in Adelaide in 7 weeks on 475, think it was similar to the 495. Was the application straightforward for the 887?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
Congratulations! and hope you had a great birthday!!

I'm arriving in Adelaide in 7 weeks on 475, think it was similar to the 495. Was the application straightforward for the 887?
Thanks.

Yes the 887 was pretty straightforward. We applied online, scanned all our docs and uploaded them. If you scan colour docs they don't need to be certified, if they are black & white then you need to get them certified and then scan them.

Hope that helps.

Graham
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Graham!!

We are arriving on a 475 too, so it is reassuring to hear that your 887 was fairly straightforward. (Just have to hope they don't change things again in the next few years ......)

Must feel great to have PR.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

gohysteria is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Gravyman!!

It is indeed good to hear that your 887 visa was granted in 10 weeks. I am also currently on a 495 visa, and will be able to lodge my 887 application in Jan 2009. I hope your case is a positive indication that finally they are speeding up the 887 applications.

Cheers,
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gohysteria
Congratulations Gravyman!!

It is indeed good to hear that your 887 visa was granted in 10 weeks. I am also currently on a 495 visa, and will be able to lodge my 887 application in Jan 2009. I hope your case is a positive indication that finally they are speeding up the 887 applications.

Cheers,
Yes, CONGRATULATIONS,
and for all others following, make sure you apply online, it sure speeds things up.
We were a paper based application for 887 and we had a long 9 months wait!!

Best wishes again

BB
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not logged on for a while as I've been away, so congratulations Gravyman.

I also thought I had better let people know about another 887 visa grant - mine! I applied online and uploaded all my documentation and supporting evidence at that stage. I provided AFP checks about 4 weeks later by email. I heard nothing more, but the document checklist online showed everything except medicals as "received".

Next thing I heard was an email granting my PR - no notification of a Case Officer, no requests for medicals - just the visa grant. All in all, around 3 months from application to grant. What a great feeling when I got those labels in our passports!

Best of luck to anyone else who is waiting.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seachanger
I've not logged on for a while as I've been away, so congratulations Gravyman.

I also thought I had better let people know about another 887 visa grant - mine! I applied online and uploaded all my documentation and supporting evidence at that stage. I provided AFP checks about 4 weeks later by email. I heard nothing more, but the document checklist online showed everything except medicals as "received".

Next thing I heard was an email granting my PR - no notification of a Case Officer, no requests for medicals - just the visa grant. All in all, around 3 months from application to grant. What a great feeling when I got those labels in our passports!

Best of luck to anyone else who is waiting.
Congrats Seachanger!!

Well done - you should have started your own thread because 2 visa applications really isn't much fun. You deserve lots of well dones!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:12 am
Just Joined

sir2887 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,
Congratulations on your 887 approval!!
I feel happy to see some 495's really getting into shape.
Like many, I am also on 495.
I have specific question which no one seems to answer correctly as they have never applied or got approval for 887.

I am 2 years and 1 month old here in SA now on 495.
I did have quite a bit of travel overseas ( almost 4 months )
But I continues to rent of course and paid a hefty $700 a week towards it.

My tax this year that I paid was almost $15000.

I need to know if I can apply for 887 yet or should wait for 4/5 months ? ( which I really dont want to )
I know processing will take time, but then atleast it saves me stress of waiting to make application!

Please let me know.

Your help is held in highest regards!

Regards,
Rick
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Seachanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sir2887
Hey there,
Congratulations on your 887 approval!!
I feel happy to see some 495's really getting into shape.
Like many, I am also on 495.
I have specific question which no one seems to answer correctly as they have never applied or got approval for 887.

I am 2 years and 1 month old here in SA now on 495.
I did have quite a bit of travel overseas ( almost 4 months )
But I continues to rent of course and paid a hefty $700 a week towards it.

My tax this year that I paid was almost $15000.

I need to know if I can apply for 887 yet or should wait for 4/5 months ? ( which I really dont want to )
I know processing will take time, but then atleast it saves me stress of waiting to make application!

Please let me know.

Your help is held in highest regards!

Regards,
Rick
Hi

If you have been resident here in Oz for 2 years (i.e. your home is here even if you have travelled overseas) I don't think your trips overseas will make any difference. I applied for PR on the 2nd anniversary of moving here and I had been out of the country for a total of 9 weeks - a business trip of two weeks and 3 holidays which totalled 7 weeks.

I was able to provide evidence that that I had been living in a regional area for 2 years (leases etc) and that I had worked in a regional area for over 12 months. No queries were raised about the time I had spent abroad and I've seen nothing in the regulations to suggest that holidays and business trips overseas will be deducted from the total time you have lived here as long as you can show that you genuinely meet the residence requirements.

I think you should get your PR application in now.

Best of luck.

Seachanger