Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all
Default Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

I'm in Huntington, West Virginia not far from the Kentucky and Ohio borders. Is there anyone nearby? The closest town in Ohio is Ironton and the closest town in Kentucky is Ashland.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

There is another forum member who works in Huntington and lives in Ashland (he will chime in if he wants to) and if we can sell the house here in the UK we will be moving to just across the river not far from Ironton.

Sorry for the tardy response - don't often visit this area of the forum.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Aug 30th 2008 at 11:57 am.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 4:15 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in WV ( for now anyways - moving after Christmas to Arizona ) I'm right near the PA border. Look for Fairmont on the map
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
There is another forum member who works in Huntington and lives in Ashland (he will chime in if he wants to) and if we can sell the house here in the UK we will be moving to just across the river not far from Ironton.

Sorry for the tardy response - don't often visit this area of the forum.
Oh, really? That's great to hear! At least I know there is someone on the board around here, and hopefully you soon too! You'll have to keep me posted!

So, what will you be doing in Ohio?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Songbird
I'm in WV ( for now anyways - moving after Christmas to Arizona ) I'm right near the PA border. Look for Fairmont on the map
Cool - I found you on the map! Ah, finally I don't feel alone in WV! I was up near you a couple of months ago. (Well, closer at least) We were in Davis, not far from Spruce Knob. Had a lovely cabin up there!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
So, what will you be doing in Ohio?
Mostly dining at Wendy's.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Mostly dining at Wendy's.
Haha! My husband would love you. He is a Wendy's fan, as far as fast food goes!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Aljarov is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Huntington, West Virginia not far from the Kentucky and Ohio borders. Is there anyone nearby? The closest town in Ohio is Ironton and the closest town in Kentucky is Ashland.
I'm in Lexington, but go through to Whitesburg and Pikeville areas occassionally as that's where my wife's family lives.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aljarov
I'm in Lexington, but go through to Whitesburg and Pikeville areas occassionally as that's where my wife's family lives.
Yay - another person not too far away! What are you, about 2 hours away from Huntington?

I'd really love to do a meet up, but it seems like there aren't too many people close by. I'd be willing to travel a couple of hours on a weekend once I start working again.

Had thought about joining the Cinci/KY/etc group, since they seemed to be the closest!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yay - another person not too far away! What are you, about 2 hours away from Huntington?

I'd really love to do a meet up, but it seems like there aren't too many people close by. I'd be willing to travel a couple of hours on a weekend once I start working again.

Had thought about joining the Cinci/KY/etc group, since they seemed to be the closest!
There's apparaently 'tons' of Brits here, I can just never find any. I was put in touch yesterday with a guy in Frankfort (I lived in Frankfort for 2.5 years) and he says there's at least 12 in that small town. I never saw/heard any!!

So, I'll keep plugging away. I'm happy to host something as Lexington is fairly central for this region between Louisville, Cincy, Frankfort, Ashland, Knoxville and everything in between. We'd just have to pick a date/event and get it done!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

There's apparaently 'tons' of Brits here, I can just never find any. I was put in touch yesterday with a guy in Frankfort (I lived in Frankfort for 2.5 years) and he says there's at least 12 in that small town. I never saw/heard any!!

So, I'll keep plugging away. I'm happy to host something as Lexington is fairly central for this region between Louisville, Cincy, Frankfort, Ashland, Knoxville and everything in between. We'd just have to pick a date/event and get it done!
Sounds good! Like I said, for me it might have to be when I start working again. So, probably end of september/beginning of October. But, if you want to try and arrange something before then - go for it! I'll just wait it out til the next one.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds good! Like I said, for me it might have to be when I start working again. So, probably end of september/beginning of October. But, if you want to try and arrange something before then - go for it! I'll just wait it out til the next one.
Is anyone here on Facebook?

I just set up a group and figured it might be easier to communicate plans via group (unless someone beat me to it...I have trouble navigating the site, especially the new version).

Anyways, it's here.....

I figured it would be a good way to get us in a slightly more fluid forum and perhaps a site that people go to more regularly?

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26749705797
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is anyone here on Facebook?

I just set up a group and figured it might be easier to communicate plans via group (unless someone beat me to it...I have trouble navigating the site, especially the new version).

Anyways, it's here.....

I figured it would be a good way to get us in a slightly more fluid forum and perhaps a site that people go to more regularly?

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26749705797
Hi! I just joined the group! :-)
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:37 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I'll join it too
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
I lived in Arizona for the first 5 years I was in the states. Great place, though I missed the seasons. Good Luck there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.