Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Dorset & Hampshire meet up

New Dorset & Hampshire meet up

Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Dorset & Hampshire meet up

Anybody fancy a meet up ?

It's getting harder to find a pub venue with an indoor play area so if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations please add to the list.

I have been on the web and phoned a couple of places today and The Neptune in Bournemouth still has not opened the indoor play area.

The Mill in Lyndhurst has had another water leak yesterday and they don't know yet when it will re-open.

The Happy Cheese in Lyndhurst has closed the indoor play area as well.

We could go back to The Farmhouse in Portsmouth or The Hungary Horse in Andover.
or
We could try for a pub with an outdoor play area and hope it's a nice day.

I can make Sunday 27th July or Sunday 10th August.

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Default Re: New Dorset & Hampshire meet up

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Anybody fancy a meet up ?

It's getting harder to find a pub venue with an indoor play area so if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations please add to the list.

I have been on the web and phoned a couple of places today and The Neptune in Bournemouth still has not opened the indoor play area.

The Mill in Lyndhurst has had another water leak yesterday and they don't know yet when it will re-open.

The Happy Cheese in Lyndhurst has closed the indoor play area as well.

We could go back to The Farmhouse in Portsmouth or The Hungary Horse in Andover.
or
We could try for a pub with an outdoor play area and hope it's a nice day.

I can make Sunday 27th July or Sunday 10th August.

Johnnyyt

Hi would love another meetup but I think OH is working most weekends at the moment - trying to get job in Poole finished for mid August and its not going too well Your from Poole aren't you Johnnyyt?? He's working on the 'luxury flats' what used to be the tax office next to the multi storey car park.
I will check with him tonight, but I think we might have to say no to this one but make sure you arrange another one beginning of Sept
Hope you are ok anyway?

Basty
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
we would be up for another meet,we can make those dates,we dont mind which venue.
Myrtle,Tony,Callum
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi would love another meetup but I think OH is working most weekends at the moment - trying to get job in Poole finished for mid August and its not going too well Your from Poole aren't you Johnnyyt?? He's working on the 'luxury flats' what used to be the tax office next to the multi storey car park.
I will check with him tonight, but I think we might have to say no to this one but make sure you arrange another one beginning of Sept
Hope you are ok anyway?

Basty
Hi Basty,
we are from Bournemouth but it's really just one big area.
Hopefully with the warmer weather of summer (if we ever get summer) we could have meet ups in any pub with an outside area to keep the kids entertained.
We should arrange a meet up in Poole so your OH can join us all for lunch, I sure he won't mind having to go back to work while everyone enjoy's themselves in the pub.

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

think we can do the July date but not Aug 10th.

let us know otherwise we will see you all at the next one
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hopefully with the warmer weather of summer (if we ever get summer) we could have meet ups in any pub with an outside area to keep the kids entertained.
what do you mean?? Summer has been and gone
not long til christmas
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

We would love to come to a meet up, could'nt make the last one.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

MrAndMrs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

New to this site.

We live in Basingstoke and can make the July Date.

We got out 175 to OZ in May, so it would be great to meet others looking to make the move.

See ya..
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Most people have replied that a meet up on Sunday 27th July seems to be preferable.

The 10 day weather forcast on the link below suggests that we could have a venue with an outdoor play area so won't be restricted to an indoor venue.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Bournemouth-BH9

Does anyone have a suggestion for a venue?

I have posted an meet up in the meet up calender, please add your name to the list so we know how many would like to go in case we need to book at a pub/venue.
Thanks

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

we were thinking of meeting on southsea common last time. what about meeting at the beach and living it up, oz style? thanks to tescos half price sale on outdoor toys i have a huge variety to keep the kids entertained!

depends if people would still prefer the pub option?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
we were thinking of meeting on southsea common last time. what about meeting at the beach and living it up, oz style? thanks to tescos half price sale on outdoor toys i have a huge variety to keep the kids entertained!

depends if people would still prefer the pub option?
The pub option is usually the most popular and gets my vote, any suggestion for a pub with a good outdoor play area?

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

I don't know how central this is to everyone but there is the fox and hounds pub, just of the A31, Near Wimborne. Easy to get to. It has a outdoor play area.

I think there is another one just of the A31 in Ringwood, backing onto the New forest, but not sure of the name so I'll ask around.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

i dont know very many i'm afraid. done a search on a pub wbsite for ones with an outdoor area. came up with these

Queens Head, Eastleigh
The Hut, Chandlers Ford
Th St Leonard, Ringwood
Bold Forester, Marchwood
Big Cheese, Southampton (not a fan!)

if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations then post away!

Last edited by The Clarkeys; Jul 18th 2008 at 7:49 pm. Reason: my e key isn't working properly!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
i dont know very many i'm afraid. done a search on a pub wbsite for ones with an outdoor area. came up with these

Queens Head, Eastleigh
The Hut, Chandlers Ford
Th St Leonard, Ringwood
Bold Forester, Marchwood
Big Cheese, Southampton (not a fan!)

if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations then post away!
I don't think the Hut has a play area, not last time I went there??!! Not sure on the Queens Head either - for niceness
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Smile Re: New Dorset & Hampshire meet up

Originally Posted by MrAndMrs
Hi

New to this site.

We live in Basingstoke and can make the July Date.

We got out 175 to OZ in May, so it would be great to meet others looking to make the move.

See ya..
Hi ya,
we're from Basingstoke too! What part of the 'stoke you living in?
Cheers

D&N..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.