Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can a 457 visa grant really override a 175 PR grant??

Can a 457 visa grant really override a 175 PR grant??

Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Can a 457 visa grant really override a 175 PR grant??

I read somewhere about the risk of a 457 visa being granted after a 175 PR visa was granted in a case where you applied for them both. With the current processing times, anything is possible and I do not want to take that risk. I am a January 175 visa applicant and my potential employer in Oz is suggesting to apply for a 457 now. But if that is true, the risk just seems to big???
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can a 457 visa grant really override a 175 PR grant??

Yes it can.

If granted a 175 you must immediately withdraw any temporary visa applications outstanding otherwise you may have serious problems.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can a 457 visa grant really override a 175 PR grant??

Thanks for your reply and answer! At least I know now that it can happen if you are not alert and pro-active!