Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for our EOI (FINALLY)

Applying for our EOI (FINALLY)

Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Default Applying for our EOI (FINALLY)

We are finally able to apply for our EOI so I'm having a go at a few bits myself, my hubbys work have offered to help with the employment bit, but I am stuck on a few questions, don't know if i'm just being thick or if its because i'm ill at the mo.

But I have a few questions I am stuck on if any of you can help us?

Question 1. Principal Applicants English Language Ability.

Answers available:-

1. An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 6.5 or more
2. Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English
3. Current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more
4. Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide
5. None of the above

We have been here since Feb, and have always lived in the UK - any ideas? I thought it would have been 2 as we were educated in the UK. Can't put 5 as it is saying we wouldn't then be eligible for applying.

Also I am sure somewhere that I have read that the children (we have 2, they are 4 and 8) that I have to fill in a separate EOI for them is this correct. I thought we just filled in the one EOI for the four of us.

I think my head maybe just battered

Any help you can give would be fab, thanx
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for our EOI (FINALLY)

Hi there
You are certainly not thick,I've asked lots of Q's about the EOI on here

I put down option 2 for all 4 of us ( Me,OH boys aged 8 & 5). Also just filled in the part of the form for children in online EOI. When we received our ITA we got the EOI all printed and filled in as we has done online,so the more info you do there the less you need to add when you get the ITA.If you need any more help just ask,will try my best to help.

Phyllis
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weejie
Hi there
You are certainly not thick,I've asked lots of Q's about the EOI on here

I put down option 2 for all 4 of us ( Me,OH boys aged 8 & 5). Also just filled in the part of the form for children in online EOI. When we received our ITA we got the EOI all printed and filled in as we has done online,so the more info you do there the less you need to add when you get the ITA.If you need any more help just ask,will try my best to help.

Phyllis
Thanx Phyllis, yeah I'm going to go with Option 2 also. I have filled in a part on the EOI regarding the children which was just part of the same form which I started for my OH, this was info such as passport nos, medical history etc. Is this the same one you are talking about?

Julie
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

You know I am trying to remember exactly, but it seems to me I wrote in that English was my mother tongue and have always spoken English. It was that easy and the answer was fine.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
You know I am trying to remember exactly, but it seems to me I wrote in that English was my mother tongue and have always spoken English. It was that easy and the answer was fine.
Yeah, we are doing online, so it only gives us those options. I'll see wot happens when I finally submit it.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,info of passport,date of birth,where born,who issued birth cert. etc. Also remember that you need to fill in for each of you and your OH immediate family details i.e. mum,dad and any siblings and also I think grandparents if still living.

Hopefully this attachment( if it works) will help.

Phyllis
Attached Files
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weejie
Yes,info of passport,date of birth,where born,who issued birth cert. etc. Also remember that you need to fill in for each of you and your OH immediate family details i.e. mum,dad and any siblings and also I think grandparents if still living.

Hopefully this attachment( if it works) will help.

Phyllis
Hey, thanx for that I haven't filled in the details for all of them, only did OH, me and the kids. Better re-open the EOI and carry on then. Bummer. Be glad when this is over.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same question when we filled in our EOI, I put 2 and then put a remark that we were born in UK, educated in UK and English was our first language - they accepted this.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teebrown
I had the same question when we filled in our EOI, I put 2 and then put a remark that we were born in UK, educated in UK and English was our first language - they accepted this.
Hiya, did you apply online to? I can't find anywhere available to put a remark.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I put down 4 or 5, I can't remember which. But I did have to think about it as 2 would obviously apply as well. I took 2 to be more relevant to someone who was not a native English speaker but who had done a qualification in English and wanted that to be used as proof of English ability- I hope that makes sense!! I couldn't tell you if I was right though but NZIS have accepted it ok.

If you put down 4 or 5 a box will come up when you press next and you can write whatever you want in that. I wrote something like about being born and educated in the UK for my whole life and that my parents were also born and raised in England.

Hope this helps

Sue
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hiya, did you apply online to? I can't find anywhere available to put a remark.
Yes I applied on line, if i remember correctly, I put number 2 down and later on doesn't it say 'give reason why'?? i am trying to remember now. But definitely put Born in UK and educated in Uk somewhere - sorry if that is confusing you.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi,

I put down 4 or 5, I can't remember which. But I did have to think about it as 2 would obviously apply as well. I took 2 to be more relevant to someone who was not a native English speaker but who had done a qualification in English and wanted that to be used as proof of English ability- I hope that makes sense!! I couldn't tell you if I was right though but NZIS have accepted it ok.

If you put down 4 or 5 a box will come up when you press next and you can write whatever you want in that. I wrote something like about being born and educated in the UK for my whole life and that my parents were also born and raised in England.

Hope this helps

Sue
Hi Sue,

Just tried this, clicked on number 4 and yes it brought up the box asking how much english we know. Fab thanx for that.