Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian visa with one conviction shoplifting

Canadian visa with one conviction shoplifting

Old Jun 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Just Joined

baba27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian visa with one conviction shoplifting

I wanted to apply for canadian visa but was areested for shoplifting in UK 2 years ago but did not spent any time and my conviction spent In UK. but what should i do to apply for Canadian visa should i apply for pardon since it has not been 10 years,
Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2008, 3:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian visa with one conviction shoplifting

Hi

Originally Posted by baba27
I wanted to apply for canadian visa but was areested for shoplifting in UK 2 years ago but did not spent any time and my conviction spent In UK. but what should i do to apply for Canadian visa should i apply for pardon since it has not been 10 years,
Thanks
As long as it was less than $5K in value, then it is 1 summary offence that does not make you inadmissible. Therefor you don't require rehabilitation.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Was there one offence or multiple? In your previous posts you mention numerous counts. I'm not sure how that plays in to the situation?
Old Jun 8th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

baba27 is an unknown quantity at this point

The summary of police certificate says conviction 1 but five offences which mean i did shoplifiting of five item alotogather Pounds 175
Thanks PMM,
Do you think i should fill form MM.. (for information only)
or just apply for visa, What should i write where it says have you ever been aressted?
If i say "yes"
should i send all information like police certificate which i already have.
thanks