Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Residency laws challenged

Spanish Residency laws challenged

Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:27 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Residency laws challenged

The Round Town News has published the results of lobbying the EU Freedom & Security Commission about Spanish Residency laws / requirements. Interesting article, but if anything comes of it I guess it will be a suprise as it didnt seem to make much difference when the took LRAU to the EU!!

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index...4105&Itemid=32
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:14 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Residency laws challenged

It seems to me that it is the usual hot air from the BEA.

I can't see that anything is going to change apart from the staff in the Policia Nacional offices starting to use the correct procedures - but that will happen anyway - eventually!

If the BEA hadn't made such a fuss about the old Residencia Cards we might still have them which many people would prefer because of its use as an ID card.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This is all just so ridiculous.

Can't these imbeciles get it into their heads that most people living here want an ID card. They don't want to have to carry their passport and a tatty piece of paper around whenever the go outside of their house.

The so-called British Expats Association (which consists of a brain-dead ex cop and a former NHS pen-pusher) is a threat to our existence in this country. It is only since they started this senseless witch-hunt that the authorities have hardened their attitude towards foreigners in general and the British in particular.

All this will lead to is an even more obtuse attitude from the functionaries, a few more demolished houses, persecution of people with UK driving licences and foreign registered vehicles (not that they don't deserve it) and a general feeling of unease.

Forget the bloody residence permits or ID cards or whatever you want to call them, let's get to grips with the institutionalised corruption with which this once pleasant country is now riddled and the elected dictatorship that masterminds it.

(Fred posted whilst I was composing my rant. I have left mine as it was.)
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This is all just so ridiculous.

Can't these imbeciles get it into their heads that most people living here want an ID card. They don't want to have to carry their passport and a tatty piece of paper around whenever the go outside of their house.

The so-called British Expats Association (which consists of a brain-dead ex cop and a former NHS pen-pusher) is a threat to our existence in this country. It is only since they started this senseless witch-hunt that the authorities have hardened their attitude towards foreigners in general and the British in particular.

All this will lead to is an even more obtuse attitude from the functionaries, a few more demolished houses, persecution of people with UK driving licences and foreign registered vehicles (not that they don't deserve it) and a general feeling of unease.

Forget the bloody residence permits or ID cards or whatever you want to call them, let's get to grips with the institutionalised corruption with which this once pleasant country is now riddled and the elected dictatorship that masterminds it.

(Fred posted whilst I was composing my rant. I have left mine as it was.)

Having read this I looked up the BEA and have to say they look like rent-a-rant. What an unpleasant and aggressive bunch they are. You have to wonder if they shouldn't be spending their time more peacefully in their retirement in the sun. Not only do they attack UK public figures and the Uk in general (I won't mention their politics) they slag off their adoptive country. I suspect they will be unhappy wherever they go and are serial moaners. Very sad.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never heard of them before tbh, and I haven't bothered to look them up as I guessed half as much
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you want access to their complete range of idiocy then go to

http://www.ukgovabusesexpats.co.uk/

you can access the site using the username of adolph.hitler with the password evebraun