My son has ADHD

Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute
Post My son has ADHD

does anyone know if this will affect us in moving to Nz have been trying to find out, but am not having much luck, any help or advice would be grateful.

Ginny
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My son has ADHD

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
does anyone know if this will affect us in moving to Nz have been trying to find out, but am not having much luck, any help or advice would be grateful.

Ginny
Hi Ginny. I believe the NZIS website has a list of the conditions etc that will/ will not be accepted under normal circumstances...however even if it is I understand that you can appeal if your lad's condition is on the 'negative' side and you can get medical waivers. Thing is from what I can undersatnd is that if you are on the wrong side of the list, providing you can detail from health experts that your boy will not be a drain of the NHS system of NZ (with his present condition) that these issues can be overcome (I believe this from what I have read in the past).

1st thing to do is to check out if ADHD is on the 'negative' list.

Good luck, let us know how you guys fare.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that will check it out
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Cannot seem to find the list for the want of trying :curse: i don`t suppose you would have a link please
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Cannot seem to find the list for the want of trying :curse: i don`t suppose you would have a link please
SORRY i DON'T..CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP please??

Kate is a nurse and she thinks its unlikely that ADHD will be on the negative list as its not normally known for being a condition the drains the health system. Lets keep our fingles crossed.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:40 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
SORRY i DON'T..CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP please??

Kate is a nurse and she thinks its unlikely that ADHD will be on the negative list as its not normally known for being a condition the drains the health system. Lets keep our fingles crossed.
this is a link to all medical info - hope you find what you are looking for

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ms.htm?level=2

a. What is an acceptable standard of health?

People are considered to have an acceptable standard of health if they are:• unlikely to be a danger to public health, and• unlikely to be a burden on New Zealand health services, and• fit for the purpose of entry to New Zealand.

b. What happens if I do not have an acceptable standard of health?

If you or any family member included in your application does not have an acceptable standard of health, your application will be declined unless a medical waiver is granted.

c. Medical waivers can only be considered if all other requirements for approval of your application have been met. However, medical waivers cannot be granted to people where they:
• require dialysis treatment, or a consultant physician has indicated that they will require such treatment in the immediate future; or
• have active tuberculosis (TB); or
• have a mental disorder or intellectual disability that has needed care in a hospital or supervised residence for more than 90 days in the last two years; or
• have a physical incapacity that requires full-time care.

Last edited by dreamfish; Feb 27th 2008 at 6:43 am. Reason: added quotes
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi MM, have searched the NZ Immigration site for you and I cannot see your son's condition listed as a no no. Go to

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...manual/7641htm

Its all listed here. So it looks like good news.
However I would advise that when you take your lad for the medical with the board doctor you take along all favourable info. you have re his condition. I had a few issues too, I just bought all the stuff that backed up the fact with my present conditions I would not be a drain on NZ NHS.

I was all cushty!!

Good luck luvvie!!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you , thank you ever so much for all your help

Am so excited about the thought of going, just did`nt want this to let us down
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hi MM, have searched the NZ Immigration site for you and I cannot see your son's condition listed as a no no. Go to

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...manual/7641htm

Its all listed here. So it looks like good news.
However I would advise that when you take your lad for the medical with the board doctor you take along all favourable info. you have re his condition. I had a few issues too, I just bought all the stuff that backed up the fact with my present conditions I would not be a drain on NZ NHS.

I was all cushty!!

Good luck luvvie!!

SORRY, should be the word 'operations' need to be in that www address............put before _manual ie /operations_manual/

, for some reason it will not show on the post once submitted to the thread site.