Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Info for all you Scots thinking of emigrating

Info for all you Scots thinking of emigrating

Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Info for all you Scots thinking of emigrating

We had assumed that as we live in Scotland that our national Disclosure Scotland police check would be accepted but it is not, this after I sent off £20 to get it! :curse:I had to go to my local police station and ask for a Data Protection Act 1998 form. If you take 2 bits of ID with you ( passport,birth cert,driving license) you can fill it out there and then.It costs £10 and should be returned within 40 days.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:28 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Info for all you Scots thinking of emigrating

Originally Posted by weejie
We had assumed that as we live in Scotland that our national Disclosure Scotland police check would be accepted but it is not, this after I sent off £20 to get it! :curse:I had to go to my local police station and ask for a Data Protection Act 1998 form. If you take 2 bits of ID with you ( passport,birth cert,driving license) you can fill it out there and then.It costs £10 and should be returned within 40 days.
Thanks for that - useful
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

kiwi_janet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info for all you Scots thinking of emigrating

Just to add to your information - You should get 2 letters back, one from your local police area and another one from the national database, which I think comes from London. I got my local one back quite quickly, but the national one takes the full 40 days to come back.

Cheers,

J