Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are things really that bad?????

Are things really that bad?????

Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:25 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Are things really that bad?????

I have bee trawling through pages and pages of homes for sale and it is driving me bonkers. We have decided to put our house up for sale within the next couple of weeks. Without reducing the price dramatically what would be the best course of action. Fortunatly there are not many houses for sale on our urb (3 out of 88 houses). Any ideas on a fair price for a 3 bed, 2 bath family home with 115 m2 build? The average seems to be 180,000 euros. Also how long do you recon it will take to sell. We have been living there 5 and a half years and have done a lot to the property ie. central heating, conservatory, nicely decorated etc...
We don`t want to wait too long but are not in a great hurry either. Would apreciate any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are things really that bad?????

Thats a really difficult question to answer, and I'm not sure if anything we say will be of any real help.

From my experience the biggest difficulty here is getting people through your door to look at the place. I know of many that have never had any viewings. Onr of the most helful things I can suggest is to "dress" the house and take some really high class photos. Its photos that will attract people in the first place, and tbh a lot of the pics I see on line and in windows are cr@p
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Would have to concur with the above view.Saw a show on tv about resale properties in Spain in which the property expert presenting the show advised dressing the house,perhaps reapainting in more neutral colours etc if necc,in order to compete against new builds that where approx the same price
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

I listed mine with about 10 different agents. I found only about 3 regularly brought people so if I had only listed with one (like in UK) it would have taken forever. Sold in 4 weeks
(this was 7 yrs ago maybe different now)
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:35 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by searcher48
I listed mine with about 10 different agents. I found only about 3 regularly brought people so if I had only listed with one (like in UK) it would have taken forever. Sold in 4 weeks
(this was 7 yrs ago maybe different now)
Very different now.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Kyero.com, has a page on which you could download all the latest information on property prices in Spain,broken down on a region by region basis.
The information is the latest figs from the Minstry of Housing,translated and explained in English.Might help you come up with a sales strategy
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:00 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by lcortez
Kyero.com, has a page on which you could download all the latest information on property prices in Spain,broken down on a region by region basis.
The information is the latest figs from the Minstry of Housing,translated and explained in English.Might help you come up with a sales strategy
Cheers lcortez,

Will have a look.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your very welcome
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

when we sold our villa here (4 years ago) I took my own photos and emailed them to agents with full details and our price (quiker than waiting in for them all to come round)

in total we had approx 40 viewings a lot of time wasters but what can you do - took around 9 months to sell but that was 4 years ago

get it out there and advertise privately too

people I have known to be selling over the last few years have taken around a year to sell, thats those that are lucky enough to have sold, others still have their places on the market and even after reducing the prices drastically still dont have any takers

its really tough at the moment
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

could always try this site.

http://www.homeswithoutagents.com/browse.html
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

We did the same as "spain" 2 years ago. We took our own photos and emailed them, description and price to agents. after 10 months and many many showing....we sold.....for the asking price!!! Not sure about nowadays tho!

One tip i found helped, (right towards the end when we wer just about ready to take it off the market and stay put)....whatever date and time the agent phones with - change it! Why? We found many people were coming to look straight after work, at weekends, whenever was very convenient to them, whereas when i suggested alternatives, we found only the serious lookers were prepared to change day/time and not long after, we sold! (It also stopped the traipsing round, showing your property to huge spanish families out on a family outing)!!

Good luck with your selling it.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:22 am
Family man

Originally Posted by Palmera
We did the same as "spain" 2 years ago. We took our own photos and emailed them, description and price to agents. after 10 months and many many showing....we sold.....for the asking price!!! Not sure about nowadays tho!

One tip i found helped, (right towards the end when we wer just about ready to take it off the market and stay put)....whatever date and time the agent phones with - change it! Why? We found many people were coming to look straight after work, at weekends, whenever was very convenient to them, whereas when i suggested alternatives, we found only the serious lookers were prepared to change day/time and not long after, we sold! (It also stopped the traipsing round, showing your property to huge spanish families out on a family outing)!!

Good luck with your selling it.
Thanks everyone. One thing that does not help is my neighbour who is desperate to sell have dropped their price by 20,000
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:12 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

no wonder who wants to live in Playa Flamenca no offence to you but its a sh1t hole i lived there for 6 months and moved away, good luck with the sale.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:28 am
Family man

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
no wonder who wants to live in Playa Flamenca no offence to you but its a sh1t hole i lived there for 6 months and moved away, good luck with the sale.
Excuse me but Playa Flamenca is, as you know, a large area with nice and not so nice parts. I do not appreciate your attitude and would expect better from a moderator.:curse:

Also if you hate it that much why do not change the location on your username.

Last edited by CBANDY; Feb 25th 2008 at 11:36 am.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Excuse me but Playa Flamenca is, as you know, a large area with nice and not so nice parts. I do not appreciate your attitude and would expect better from a moderator.:curse:

Also if you hate it that much why do not change the location on your username.
Moderators are allowed to have their own opinions, and to post them on the forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.